[BTS] Issues with install for SGOTM

MirrorGuard

Prince
We have begun plotting and scheming with private messages. :smoke:

@krikav
@FiveRings
@MirrorGuard
@Oblivionyx

Will you be joining our team for the Lady Stoneheart game?
Wow. Rebirth?
I will sign up for this if I can fix the buffy issue. Still cant get rid of the permission error message after trying all advice in the help thread. I'm downloading the steam version...I will let you know by the end of this week.

I will sign up for this if I can fix the buffy issue. Still cant get rid of the permission error message after trying all advice in the help thread. I'm downloading the steam version...I will let you know by the end of this week.

Welcome to the team, MirrorGuard. I had the same issue. You have to run BtS in administrator mode. Even if the account you're using has administrator rights, you have to actually run the app as the administrator. At least that worked for me.

Have you patched BtS to v3.19 and installed Buffy 005 as well? To make sure things are working as expected, you should download the latest BOTM game and make sure you can run it.

Wow. Rebirth?
I can't find where you were actually asking for help for this problem, so not sure if you actually did. Different setups can have some unique issues, and...well...Steam version has a whole new set of issues.

Were you using a non-steam version initially? If so, what version? What OS?

Regardless of version though, at least steps 1 and 2 from the following HOF guide must be performed:

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista

I can't find where you were actually asking for help for this problem, so not sure if you actually did. Different setups can have some unique issues, and...well...Steam version has a whole new set of issues.

Were you using a non-steam version initially? If so, what version? What OS?

Regardless of version though, at least steps 1 and 2 from the following HOF guide must be performed:

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista
Thx.
Nearly fixed aside from some xml errors. I can open the botm starting save. But after using xmlchange another in-game message pops up saying "the save file you have selected is protected to ensure assets have not been changed". Guess I need to run an file integrity check and undo the xml fix.

Thx.
Nearly fixed aside from some xml errors. I can open the botm starting save. But after using xmlchange another in-game message pops up saying "the save file you have selected is protected to ensure assets have not been changed". Guess I need to run an file integrity check and undo the xml fix.

You did not answer my questions.

xmlchange?! I have no clue what that is but I can assure you that is is very much not the answer and has likely made things worse. Never mess with the game’s assets.

XML errors should not even be an issue at all unless you jacked up your game. You appear to have gone down a rabbit hole with no exit.

Sounds like you need a totally fresh install. However the only way we can help is knowing the details of your setup.

Last edited:
Thx.

I was having a lot of trouble too as I said. WT suggested this which worked:

Start fresh. not sure if you have vanilla Civ or not, but ...
I install vanilla,
then path 1.74
Then BtS,
then patch 3.13,
then path 3.19
then Buffy 005

I installed from a Civ IV Complete DVD which already had Vanilla at v1.74 and BtS at 3.17 so it was a bit easier for me. It can be hard to find the patches sometimes but I'm sure someone can help you if you're having trouble.

I was having a lot of trouble too as I said. WT suggested this which worked:

There's so many different variations here that there is no single solution. We first need to know what version he has.

Last edited:
Top Bottom