Issues with permissions and Private Forums.

The problem with being able to delete posts is that it leaves a hole in the conversation though, and if not everybody is quoting all the time can lead to situations where it seems like people are responding to something that they were not responding to, which can in the worst case scenario make them look really bad.

I personally find that being able to delete posts for a limited time after creating them is a good middle-ground.

The problem with being able to delete posts is that it leaves a hole in the conversation though, and if not everybody is quoting all the time can lead to situations where it seems like people are responding to something that they were not responding to, which can in the worst case scenario make them look really bad.

I personally find that being able to delete posts for a limited time after creating them is a good middle-ground.
A 24-hour window would work for me on that. I'm thinking primarily about the kinds of posts where it really does matter if they're done right - especially polls. There have been many instances over the years when someone has tried to post a more-complicated-than-average OP and a poll, and made so many mistakes that they had to ask a moderator to delete the whole mess, or they posted in the wrong forum.

Can the moderators still see posts that were deleted by the poster? If so, that should suffice to know if someone is obviously trying to evade an infraction for flaming, autocensor issues, etc.

Can the moderators still see posts that were deleted by the poster? If so, that should suffice to know if someone is obviously trying to evade an infraction for flaming, autocensor issues, etc.

If the default delete function is set to soft instead of hard, then yes they can.

Top Bottom