Issues with permissions and Private Forums.

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
Xenforo uses a different method of setting forum viewing permissions than vBulletin.

If you have lost access to a forum that you should have access to, or if you have access to a forum that you probably shouldn't (yeah, I know!) then please post here so that we can investigate and fix it.

I can read through the Infraction Reviews forum at least. Don't know if that was possible before, but I'm assuming that's not intentional.

I seem to be able to create threads in the Infraction Review Forums though which probably isn't intended.

I also have access to the Off Topic Forums again, which had been manually disabled by request before.

I seem to be able to create threads in the Infraction Review Forums though which probably isn't intended.

I also have access to the Off Topic Forums again, which had been manually disabled by request before.
Yep.

I really don't like the new way of posting links and editing them...

I am having problems accessing the staff subforum. The only thing there that I can see are the threads I have started myself.

It does but in most cases the links seem to be redirecting fine. For example forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=445 (Mafia/NotW in the old format) gets redirected to http://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/mafia-notw.445/ (new format). And the old sticky threads with links in them look to work as before, no updating of the old links needed.

Guess it may not be the same for every part of the forum though.

Xenforo uses a different method of setting forum viewing permissions than vBulletin.

If you have lost access to a forum that you should have access to, or if you have access to a forum that you probably shouldn't (yeah, I know!) then please post here so that we can investigate and fix it.
Where are the social groups?

Some of them had years' worth of posts, with some meaningful, personal conversations that it would have been nice to have a chance to preserve.

Would someone on the Admin staff with access to the permission masks make the adjustments necessary to allow the Retired Moderator usergroup to edit our posts, please?

Please check now, made a minor adjustment. The Admin panel allows us to analyze each member's permissions and that analysis tells me you should be able to edit your posts.

Please check now, made a minor adjustment. The Admin panel allows us to analyze each member's permissions and that analysis tells me you should be able to edit your posts.
Okay, I see the "edit" link on my old posts now. Before that, we could only edit within 5 minutes of posting.

Thanks! :)

P.S. Can we edit polls?

So far as I can see, only active moderators can edit polls.
Is that something that can be changed? It would lessen the workload for moderators if the OP could edit polls (choices, number of options, closing time, etc.).

Top Bottom