Ithobaal I's Phoenician Civilization

Hi pineappledan,

I'm having quite a major bug with this mod, which is a shame. The civ select screen the UCs for Phoenicia are blocked out, and instead of giving the unique civ benefit, it just says "Phoenicia: leader of Canaan" or something like that. If I click on Phoenicia, the game crashes.

Is there anything specific I've done wrong with installing the mod or something?

hm... I would reinstall. Could you give me you mods list?

Do you have logs enabled?

hm... I would reinstall. Could you give me you mods list?

Do you have logs enabled?

upload_2020-3-28_15-49-42.png

There are also a few more vox populi civ mods, a colour mod for city states, and the 3/4UC mod for VP.

I don't know what logs are, sorry.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-28_15-49-28.png
    upload_2020-3-28_15-49-28.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 190
Hmm, doesn't look like a likely mod conflict. Have you tried deleting and re-downloading the mod?

I absolutely love the sound of the design of this civ. I'll have to try it out. Would this work on the most recent beta?

Alright, I've given her a brief whirl. I love the music (although it is louder than any of the base civs' music, I think).
But Sidon is just Milan in disguise! Is it impossible for their proper name to be respectively renamed? Or to somehow generate a whole new city-state for them? I understand if that is beyond limits.
Edit: Capturing a city does not grant the amount of influence you're supposed to get with the new city-state, and it's an independent puppet. More importantly, after capturing a city, I've lost control of Sur, as if it's a puppet.

Attachments

• 20200419022319_1.jpg
    20200419022319_1.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 235
  • 20200419022334_1.jpg
    20200419022334_1.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
The rebellion system in VP is still rough around the edges. G has looked into rebelling cities retaining their name as a player name and giving them the adjective “free city”. It will require some work that is beyond my skill level.

The build queue disappearing is a known bug. save and reload your game, and that will fix it. You won’t get the influence for Wroclaw until the city-state’s turn, so if you quit that turn then you won’t see it.

Thanks for letting me know.
Another note: Phoenician city names are in all capital letters.

Was that not the same, for example, for Latin during Rome's heydays? ;) Regardless, I can edit that for myself.
Phoenicia is really fun to play, I must admit. Though their current form probably borders on the OP side of things in the human's hands, and I'd always choose them over Venice personally.

Was it intended for the Bireme to obsolete by the time you get the Caravel? I compared it to the Quinquireme which osoletes by astronomy and is unlocked at the same tech of fishing. I went ahead and fixed that myself but just curious.

Played 2 games on emperor to test and this civ is honestly very onedimensional and boring.
Spam settlers as much as possible early/midgame and then hope you are not getting attacked by other civs until you somehow achieve a diplomatic victory.
You will always have an abundance of paper, because your capital alone is not able to produce/buy diplomatic units that fast and you wont have enough military supply to ever have a military big enough to defend your city-states if you ever get attacked.

I really appreciate the effort you put in to making these custom civs, but i wouldnt recommend this one.

Played 2 games on emperor to test and this civ is honestly very onedimensional and boring.
Spam settlers as much as possible early/midgame and then hope you are not getting attacked by other civs until you somehow achieve a diplomatic victory.
You will always have an abundance of paper, because your capital alone is not able to produce/buy diplomatic units that fast and you wont have enough military supply to ever have a military big enough to defend your city-states if you ever get attacked.

I really appreciate the effort you put in to making these custom civs, but i wouldnt recommend this one.
Did you try to conquer some capitals near you? They don't get turned into city-states.

Although regardless this is a valid point when it comes to the paper resource. I don't know if it'd be possible to conquer city-states and turn them into owned cities or if that is already a thing and I or someone else just didn't try it. Probably wouldn't be too hard to just conquer a city-state you just made since it won't have the proper defenses to handle a few habirus or w/e it was called.

Did you try to conquer some capitals near you? They don't get turned into city-states.

Although regardless this is a valid point when it comes to the paper resource. I don't know if it'd be possible to conquer city-states and turn them into owned cities or if that is already a thing and I or someone else just didn't try it. Probably wouldn't be too hard to just conquer a city-state you just made since it won't have the proper defenses to handle a few habirus or w/e it was called.
i disabled Phoenicia’s ability to attack city-state cities in order to specifically prevent this exploit. You could go authority, settle a city and then conquer it and get 2x the bonus

In my latest AI-only game Venice and Phoenicia spawned beside each other, which resulted in the inevitable :p
Spoiler :
20200513033128_1.jpg
It's a rare sight to see AI Venice doing so well. They still lost to Siam but they were only one to even come close to that runaway.

Just began a game with this civ to see if it was enjoyable and still compatible with current versions.

All went well until I conquered a city (see pictures). After this city was converted to a CS, I became unable to change the production of my capital or modify citizens' jobs (so it appeared like a CS, and the UI also became like that of a CS city window), so I'm stuck since the UI still requires me to select a production for my city to finish the turn, which I can't do.

Spoiler Pictures :

20201116161921_1.jpg
20201116161950_1.jpg
20201116162010_1.jpg

The other modmods I'm using here are:
- MUCfVP
- Quick Turns
- Wonde Planner for VP
- Alternative Components Names for VP

Known bug. The city build list sometimes disappears when you conquer. I was hoping something might have changed to resolve the bug this version.

It's an error that has to do with the city's UI either failing to load or trying to load twice. Saving and reloading the game fixes it every time. You can also try clearing your cache and rebooting.

Known bug. I need to consult with someone who knows UI stuff on how to "refresh" the city UI. Maybe @Infixo or @adan_eslavo could help?

If you save your game and reload, everything will work again. Unfortunately, this means you have to save and reload every time you conquer a city. Or, if you know you are going to go on a spree, load up your build queue ahead of time.

Top Bottom