1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

IV or V? Or nothing at all?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Metal Bunny, Dec 21, 2010.

?

What will or have you done?

1. I have gone back to Civ IV

139 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. I am sticking with Civ V

128 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. I am thinking of going back to IV

46 vote(s)
    12.4%
  4. I will stop playing all together

42 vote(s)
    11.3%
  5. I don't have both copies of the game

16 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

Voted for V, but playing both. Have a Civ4 pbem game going.

2. Misotu

Misotu King

Messing up isn't the issue. A general inability to make the game fly and have fun is my issue. For example:

At settler level in 2785BC a warrior costs 120 hammers :eek: which is 20 turns in my size 3 capital city. Just for comparison, the Great Library would take me 63 turns, so basically building 3 warriors in my current game is the hammer equivalent of building a Wonder. Now that just doesn't feel right in terms of balance!

I'm about to start another game - I think choosing marathon speed for the last one was an error :lol:

3. liquid_mage

liquid_mage Chieftain

I took a break from Civ for the last 4-5 years. I owned all of the Civ Games 1-5 with all expansions and SMAC/X. After reading all these posts about how good IV wasI wish I would have spent more time on IV with expansions.

I'm playing V and I love the 1UT, Hex Map, the social policies, and newer graphics. Although I had to roll my nvidia drivers back to stop games crashes. The games seems slow even with quadcore, 4gb of ram, and a nvidia 8800gt. Even with the new features I like, the game does feel like it's missing something.

I will play 2-3 more games of V and if I still feel its lacking. I will give IV w/ BotS a couple of months then come back to V.

4. Tokira

Tokira Warlord

I voted for Civ5 due to these things:

1) 1 UPT
    2) Hexes
    3) Better graphics
    4) The animated leaders

I just feel that at the moment Civ5 is more interesting to play than Civ4.