Japan by Dumanios

Dumanios

MLG
Here's a Japanese civilization with revamped units, even if StrategyOnly's has a working download(and it was the base for this module). I wanted to use Aranor's Jomon Warrior for the warrior, but the download was broken.

Spoiler :
Row 1: Settler, Worker, Scout, Explorer, Spy
Row 2: Warrior, Swordsman, Axeman, UU, Spearman
Row 3: Pikeman, Musketman, Rifleman, grenadier, Anti-Tank
Row 4: Infantry, SAM Infantry, Marine, Mech Infantry, Archer
Row 5: Longbowman, Crossbowman, Chariot, Horseman, Knight
Row 6: Cuirassier, Cavalry, War Elephant, Tank, Modern Armour
Row 7: Cannon, MG, Galley, Caravel, Galleon
Row 7: Transport, Destroyer, Battleship, Submarine, Carrier
Row 8: Fighter, Bomber, Great General(Anc/MEd)

The Modern General

Here, drink some Sake.(DL)

Credits:
Spoiler :
Based off of StrategyOnly's Japan.

Swordsman, Axeman, UU, Spearman, Pikeman, Archer, Longbowman, Crossbowman, Chariot, Horseman: Danrell's Japanese Units

Explorer, Warrior, Musketman, Grenadier, Anti-Tank, Infantry, SAM INfantry, Marine: Coffee Junkie's EthnicMixMore Mod

MG, Rifleman, Cavalry: Chuggi's Imperial Japanese Units

Mech Infantry: From KrugerPritz's Mech Infantry pack

Great General: C. Roland's Tokugawa

Battleship, Carrier: By Ardraeiss

War Elephant: Chugginator

Spy, Cuirassier, Cannon, Submarine, Bomber, Destroyer, Tank, Galleon: From StrategyOnly's(though the Cannon is Danrell's).

Modern Armour, Galley: Varietas Delactate

Fighter: Road to War

nice! you should add a LH (plenty to choose from), hate having japan always in wars because tokugawa is always LH

also ik you got my mod DLed, theres a japanese jet fighter in there (as well as subsonic fighter which could be used for jet fighter) if you wish to use

I'll leave the LH adding to the downloader. I don't want to make the filesize any bigger than it need be. As for the Jet Fighter, I'll see what I can do about it.

However, in my mod, they get Oda Nobunaga, Meiji, and Hirohito.

hey i have download some civs mod from dumanios but i don't know how to install it please help me

@urbanchaos: If you want the civ alone, open the rar file and then drag what's within into your mods folder.

If you want multiple civs, then create a folder for your mod. Call it say 'My Mod' or 'The urbanchaos mod', whatever you want. Open the rar file, and then open files until you reach Custom_Civilizations. Open that one too. Drag the civilization into your Custom_Civilizations folder. The file structure should be 'My Mod' -> Assets -> Modules -> Custom_Civilizations -> Japan(or whatever civ you want that I have). Make sure that the configuration setting enable modular loading. (Copy them from another mod, rename them, and have a '1' next to ModularLoading = )

Alternatively, you could download my WIP mod, which includes essentially all of my civs, and some more stuff.

when i load the mod its says "you must restart the game to load this mod" when i click ytes they load it all but when the aplication is about to start its allways encountered a problem and needs to close why is that?

Are you using Beyond the Sword?

Version 2: Added new graphics for the warrior and musketman.

Sorry, the standard game makes the same mistake, and he was the first modern Japanese military commander I could think of off the top of my head.

Well I have problem about installing the mod. After I dragged the file into the mod file appropriately, I opened the game and play new scenario. Unfortunately the game can't load the unit. Can somebody help me? :sad:

Well I have problem about installing the mod. After I dragged the file into the mod file appropriately, I opened the game and play new scenario. Unfortunately the game can't load the unit. Can somebody help me? :sad:

I have the same problem

Sorry for the late reply

First things to ask: Are you playing Beyond the Sword? And are you extracting the file directly from the rar file into the mod folder?

Don't worry for the late reply, I didn't expect a reply at all due to the time this thread was posted. Also, I am new to Civilization, the only mod I installed successfully was the BUG mod.

I put the mod in this directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I click on load mod, but there is an error where the game UI wont load.

Notes:
I am playing Beyond the Sword.
I am extracting the Japan folder from the RAR file.

Don't worry for the late reply, I didn't expect a reply at all due to the time this thread was posted. Also, I am new to Civilization, the only mod I installed successfully was the BUG mod.

I put the mod in this directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I click on load mod, but there is an error where the game UI wont load.

Notes:
I am playing Beyond the Sword.
I am extracting the Japan folder from the RAR file.

Ah. I’ve never troubleshooted for the steam version of Civ4 before.

Next time I’m able to use my computer I’ll try to get to the bottom of this. I assume the Steam version might have some interesting file structures.

Ah. I’ve never troubleshooted for the steam version of Civ4 before.

Next time I’m able to use my computer I’ll try to get to the bottom of this. I assume the Steam version might have some interesting file structures.

No problem! Thanks for taking the time to answer. Being a Civ 4 player in 2021 is quite difficult

Good to see you again Dumanios. How did I miss this? Some great work here.

Thanks! I’ve been considering upgrading some of my older civilizations to take into account the new graphics that have been made over the years, along with making some art styles a bit more uniform.

No problem! Thanks for taking the time to answer. Being a Civ 4 player in 2021 is quite difficult

I looked up some info about the Steam build. One solution I saw was to set the Steam version of Civ4 to 3.19 using the Beta versions tab.

Top Bottom