1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JCivED - a toolbox for Civilization

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by darkpanda, Jan 22, 2013.

1. CiviliSationNotZation

CiviliSationNotZation Chieftain

Thanks! I'll take a look. Meanwhile, your exe "hacks" or fixes and other things has been most helpful!

2. Proudhon55

Proudhon55 Chieftain

I think an interesting option would be a rule that penalizes human player by $100 if a lone diplomat is killed. Diplomats are very valuable for being maintenance free and zero impact on unhappiness, this rule tweak might force us to consider more carefully how we use them in the early-mid game.

3. Kasius Klej

Kasius Klej Chieftain

I was just using toolbox to convert pic files to gif.
    Great art. Some of it (but only a small part of it) I have never seen in the game.
    Sprites.pic wouldn't convert, otherwise all pictures did, but there is one strange thing about some colors. English queen Elizabeth, and Shaka Zulu, they are not quite as I remember them from the game. Here in toolbox and in exported gifs the queen's skin is red like a lobster. She is fair skinned in the game. I don't know how it was programmed, but pigment seems to pass from Elizabet to Shaka ingame, because it's not there in the files.

4. Humungus

Humungus Chieftain

Hello Dark Panda,
    Great utility !
    Please, could you explain how to change the values to setup the patch "CIV1_SKIP_PREGAME_SETUP".
    Usualy, I hit : 1 (VGA mode), 6 (custom sound driver) and 1 (mouse and keyboard)

When I apply the patch, it's ok for the screen and the mouse, but i have no sound :-(

Thank you by advance

Humungus

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  5. darkpanda

darkpanda Dark Prince

Can you send screenshots to explain the difference ?

6. Kasius Klej

Kasius Klej Chieftain

It's all right, actually. I was looking at KINKS.PIC of Elizabeth and Shaka Zulu. There are KINGS.PIC there as well, the familiar ones. I have never seen the alternative pictures for Zulus and English in the game, so I was wondering. Now I'm guessing these alternatives were meant for EGA graphic mode.

7. darkpanda

darkpanda Dark Prince

Hi Humungus,

I went back to my code to understand the patch and it seems all it does is, in fact, skip the call to the audio/graphics selection code (misc.exe) ...

It's very strange because I remember have tweaked those settings as well, but I found no trace of this so far.

I'm pretty sure either MISC.EXE or CIV.EXE can be modified for the default A/V values, then combined with the SKIP patch, you'll have what you need.

I'll get back to you if I find anything.