Jeff Flake Goes Rogue on the GOP

Archbob

Ancient CFC Guardian
Today Senator Jeff Flake has written an $100 Check to Roy Moore's democratic opponent, Doug Jones, the man who is allowed into every mall in Alabama.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/politics/jeff-flake-writes-doug-jones-check/index.html

He now, has gone into Guerilla Warfare mode against his own party with the backing of fellow Guerilla fighter Mitt Romney who publically has called Roy Moore "A stain on the republican party" and is vehemently against(to Mitten's credit, he's been pretty consistent in his stance).

So is the GOP starting to split with in. Is the power level of Jeff Flake and Mitt Romney enough to overpower the GOP?

Find out on the next episode of ....

Meh, case no.100 of Flake - or someone similar - doing some symbolic gesture to oppose Trump or the far-right, while otherwise happily furthering the agenda of those people by voting for all their rubbish ideas.

The Traitor! He's obviously in league with Hillary and Mr.Banghazi!

It's great that he's taking a stand now but it would have been nice if he and people like him would have taken stands before they decided not to run for re-election.

And as McCain showed the world, sometimes their grandstanding is a farce. McCain killed the ACA repeal because it was done outside of normal parliamentary procedures and would affect the entire economy. According to him (at the time) a bill with such far-reaching effects should be openly debated and amended and all that jazz. Yet when it came to this tax hike he just said screw it and went all in.

I think he's setting up for a Presidential run whenever Trump Fever breaks. It will be the equivalent of Obama's no vote on the invasion of Iraq.

Yeah, McCain's principles turned out not to be principles at all. I suspect his true motivation on the ACA vote was to protect the party from itself. And hey, he got to do some bipartisan political grandstanding at the same time, which is the kind of thing he lives for.

Anyone who has paid the slightest attention to politics over the last 40 years should have been expecting Republicans to cut taxes for the wealthy. It's the only thing they all agree on. The expectation for a bill like this is already baked into the cake, so the political downside of passing it is limited despite its poor polling, one would expect. Therefore, since in reality John McCain has no principles beyond protecting the Republican Party at all costs, he has no reason to vote it down.

I think he's setting up for a Presidential run whenever Trump Fever breaks. It will be the equivalent of Obama's no vote on the invasion of Iraq.

Who, Flake Jeff Flake or Mitt "The Supplicant" Romney?

I’m certain that Flake’s check will shake the halls of Washington exactly as Obama’s no vote on the Iraq War did.

Bannon ripped Romney for doing missionary work in France while American boys lay face down in Vietnamese lilly pads, or something like that... Romney hid behind his religion, Bannon says. Well, that is his religion - I dont think the Mormons consider killing foreigners missionary work. Why the harsh words? Romney wouldn't support the accused child molester. Bannon endorsed and served under Trump who escaped that battlefield 5 times because of school and a heel spur ;);)

That might help him in a general election, but he'll lose the primary against Roy Moore.

Top Bottom