JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

I found a issue. When using cp66-66.1and 66.2 the fish yield bonus for Norway is broken. When I use various mod 66 it works.

I was giving a try to Holy Rome today, and I can't seem to control cities where I've bought a Rathaus? They remain puppets? Maybe I misunderstand the UA.

Furthermore, by coincidence Venice is in my games and I've seen them use a Great Ambassador to purchase a City-State... I thought that was my trick :p

Furthermore, by coincidence Venice is in my games and I've seen them use a Great Ambassador to purchase a City-State... I thought that was my trick :p

As of now the liberty policy 'Collective rule' gifts Venice an ambassedor

JFD, would you recommend some of your civilizations to play with CP and CBP? I think some of them (the happiness ones) are not very compatible, as for example Sigismund II Augustus has a UA dependant on excess happiness, while CBP introduces the unhappiness from various sources and happiness total isn't ver high.

Tested another game as Charles V - instead of buying the rathaus, I just purchased a City State with a Great Ambassador. It immediately started building a rathaus (great) and when it was completed I got a pop up saying a Free Imperial City had been founded (great!) but then it was still a puppet and I couldn't select the production or the citizen focus... boo! :( Has anyone else had this problem?

I found a issue. When using cp66-66.1and 66.2 the fish yield bonus for Norway is broken. When I use various mod 66 it works.

That is a vanilla bonus, done using the existing tables. So if it got broken, it got broken by this mod, and should be reported to the mod's author.

I was giving a try to Holy Rome today, and I can't seem to control cities where I've bought a Rathaus? They remain puppets? Maybe I misunderstand the UA.

Sounds like you don't have the latest patch, which gives the functionality that the Rathaus requires.

JFD, would you recommend some of your civilizations to play with CP and CBP? I think some of them (the happiness ones) are not very compatible, as for example Sigismund II Augustus has a UA dependant on excess happiness, while CBP introduces the unhappiness from various sources and happiness total isn't ver high.

I don't use either, but the CP should work fine with any of my civs, as that doesn't overhaul balance or mechanics unlike the CBP. I'm not well acquainted with the new happiness system in CBP, so I don't know how it impacts upon civs that rely upon happiness (like P-L). The CBP changes overlap with Victoria as well.

Thanks JFD. Do you mean the Firaxis patch for Civ V, or a mod patch? Cause I have cocoa and bison so I think I'm up to date on the Firaxis side of things :)

I've gotten the MoV twice as another civ through the GP decision, but when I make the customs house with them, no Venetian Glass. Is it supposed to only work for Venice themselves or is this an unknown issue?

Ah, well, I meant the Firaxis patch, because your problem would certainly correlate with a failure of having an updated game. Otherwise, I really don't know.

Tested this again with only a few basic mod (Your Cultural Diversity aesthetic and core, your dynamic tooltip and Sukritact's info thingie) and nope, after buying a Rathaus in a puppet, I get the pop up notification, but alas, still no control over the city. Is the mod working for anybody else?

As an aside, you no longer need Sukritact's City Info mod, as all use of it is now included internally (where applicable). Not related to the issue at hand, but still.

I've gotten the MoV twice as another civ through the GP decision, but when I make the customs house with them, no Venetian Glass. Is it supposed to only work for Venice themselves or is this an unknown issue?

I really don't remember :p

Hey, JFD, when is the next release\update happens?
I finally got a game connected to steam, so i can't wait!

Hey, JFD, when is the next release\update happens?
I finally got a game connected to steam, so i can't wait!

When I can be bothered with it :p Updating my civs is a chore, and I don't want to be doing chores all my summer. Plus, I'm down to updating the boring civs :p As for new releases, I'm waiting on More Civs and co. before the Germans can be released, Leugi before Milan, and Janboruta before Sardinia. After that, nothing for a while, probably.

Your Alternate Leaders full pack seems to have multiple issues with text - I'm getting text strings (TXT_KEY...) instead of leader and unit/building names. Poland has it's old UA description instead of the new one, too. Not an issue for Nicholas and Victoria, oddly.

EDIT: Unlike Civitar, I don't have issues with Hungary (using the full pack).

Also when using the full pack all Hungarian text was in TXT_KEY_ form. I was using it together with YnAEMP and Historical Religions, but I can't see what that would have had to do with it.

Okay, updated all three packs. Should be all working now. The Civ Pack 2 just fixes an issue with Iceland and the Civ IV Traits mod.

Played a bit as the Franks. Super awesome, especially since with full Honor, those Paladins are insanely useful at keeping your units healing up while making the siege engines, plus the Imperialistic trait is absolutely nuts for conquerors, what with Generals functionally replacing luxuries.

Ever so slight thing, the Carolignian Empire decision was able for me to enact even when I'd never conquered anything and only even had two cities. I didn't do that until I had indeed done conquest, and I'm pretty sure it gave the happiness to courthouses.

...also IMO there should probably be a bit...more to it? It's incredibly cheap for what in context is a very grandiose decision. Personally I think it should also cost a bit of Gold and/or Culture, and give...say, a bit of production for city connections? Or maybe reference the old Abbeys by giving some gold on Libraries? I dunno. Just something more potent but costly for a big announcement of 'no longer are we feudal raiders, we are an EMPIRE, and I am CAROLUS IMPERATOR AUGUSTUS'.

Didn't get far enough to test the March thing. I presume there shouldn't be problems with it, it seems rather simple! Also I made the Mausoleum and did not get cash money for prophet becoming social policy, which obviously I get why that is, since it's not actually making a prophet in the first place, but I just wanted to point that out whether it was a small oversight or something that is somewhat intentional or at the very least not objectionable. But yes, they are overall pretty cool. (maybe I say this more because I played on Quick this time and managed to get to the good stuff quickly. Quick is not kind to conquerors, though, which...is arguably a positive? Mitigates the effects of someone getting two capitals early on and being unarguably the dominant world power forever at the very least ^^)

Question, could Bohemia interfere with Haiti? I played a game against Haiti and cities following their religion didn't become occupied and my lua log was filled with Bohemia code (even though they weren't there).

When I can be bothered with it :p Updating my civs is a chore, and I don't want to be doing chores all my summer. Plus, I'm down to updating the boring civs :p As for new releases, I'm waiting on More Civs and co. before the Germans can be released, Leugi before Milan, and Janboruta before Sardinia. After that, nothing for a while, probably.

Okay, updated all three packs. Should be all working now. The Civ Pack 2 just fixes an issue with Iceland and the Civ IV Traits mod.

I see you suffer from the more civs syndrome(too much plans for too much time\over - collabration, it also has good effects, such as civ packs\awesome artwork).

I wouldn't put blame on JFD, but on me overestimating the amount of time I have on art for his mods. Didn't have enough time to work on Civ stuff since mid-October.

Over collaboration, surprising civs, awesome artwork....
Yep, the more civ syndrome...

Top Bottom