1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Grishnikov_007

Grishnikov_007 Chieftain

Is Jan dead? I kinda missed out, what happened to him?

2. Klisz

Klisz Chieftain

Last I heard he was just burnt out on doing Civ art, and was spending his free time on Fallout 4 instead.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

4. Ravellion

Ravellion Chieftain

I am having a bit of trouble with Hungary at the moment, namely a few Txt_key issues. The Civ itself and the dragoon for Maria Theresa also are borked up in this manner (see screenshot). Any idea why? I re-downloaded it but to no avail.

I am running Rise to Power, Cultural diversity, Enlightenment era, and about 2/3s of your Civs.

Attached Files:

5. arkham4269

arkham4269 Court Writer - Orbis Mod

I noticed while reviewing which Civilization to pick that if you have The Germans and the Empire of Germany mods active, Bismarck shows up as having two Jaeger slots instead of the one and the UB. I didn't play it but you might check to see if there is that confilct.

I've found that I like having multiple civ mods active as it makes the Mercenary mod more useful but I use Bismark a lot as an AI civ and don't want to have him messed up.

Glad to see a Teddy Rooseveldt mod is planned. BTW, a while ago I had issues with Belgium causing plantations not to work for all civs. Was this fixed?

6. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

JFD, I wonder if you accept non-Jan art or not?

7. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

JFD, is it intentional that Christian IV doesn't have an infographic in the OP? Also, on the Steam Page, the infographic for Harald has disappeared. Just thought I'd let you know.

8. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Christian IV's info box is located further down the thread, in the Alternate Leaders section. This is the part of the old way JFD used to categorize his civs. Any civ's whose info box is not located under era sort are the ones that are in need of updating.

9. TommiBro

TommiBro Chieftain

Hey!

I've got a question about Denmark-Norway (Christian IV), his GA ability creates a citadel on water tiles. Is this a naval citadel? Or does it create flat terrain beneath, and still allow ships to pass through? Would be amazing if the latter was the case for a ynaemp playthrough! :)

10. arkham4269

Updated to the newest Egypt update for Hatshepsut and now the mod is broken. The merchant barges will not connect with any other civ or city state nor will you get to see the ocean tiles of discovered civs. Was working prior and I'm not using any mods which I would think would conflict.

11. Karlos_BR

Karlos_BR Chieftain

I'm having the same issue. Even when i'm playing as another civ, my trade ships/caravans won't connect to anywhere while Hatshepsut mod is active.

2016-02-21_00001.jpg
    2016-02-21_00002.jpg

12. arkham4269

Playing a game as Akhenaten and running into the following issues:

The "left click to move Verses" does not work.
    Once an obelisk is build, the tile becomes locked. I can't build a different improvement or create a Great Person tile on the square. This may be a mod conflict as I've had the same issue with Louise's chateau tile improvement.
    Is the Khopesh not supposed to promote? If so, that really nerfs this Civ given how you want to build a lot of them but then they become rapidly under-powered.
    In all my games, I've never seen an obelisk ever create a wheat tile even though I have available plains or grassland tiles near it and withing my borders.

BTW, is it possible some of these issue might be OS related? I noticed a bit ago that the CBP mod requires at least Windows 7 and I won't be updating my system to that for another week or so.

13. Mosile

Mosile Overruler Of the Movian Empire

I like them all, but I am dissapointed that there is no sign of more WWI and WWII civs. I would love to see some smaller players of both World Wars whether or not JFD and Jan make them or not. Bulgaria, The Ottomans, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Greece, Spain, Montenegro, Mexico... endless possibilities...

14. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

Here you go, fam

Kingdom of Greece, Franco's Spain, Czechoslovakia and WW2 Mexico have all been discussed to some degree by various modders as well.

15. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Mexico? I mean, I could get a Mexican Revolution civilization making sense, but what the hell did Mexico ever do in either world war?

16. RawSasquatch

RawSasquatch Minuteman

For what it's worth, I know that Gatoutak is planning a Mexican WW2-era civ led by Manuel Ávila.

17. Mosile

In WWII, nothing. But Mexico during WWI did aid the Allies by giving England Large amounts of Peritoneum despite Their neutrality. Germany even tried to get Mexico to join a Military alliance, Which may have started a war between America and Mexico, Something Germany was trying to get accomplished to have a better foreground in Europe with the lack of American involvement.

A WWI Mexico mod could have traits revolving aiding other civs in their wars and some sort of defensive bonus as well. It might need work, but I see that being pretty interesting add on to WWI civs.

18. Howard Tafty

Howard Tafty Minister-Chairman

Well in WWII I know that they did have some sort of special fighter jet squadron that played some role in the Pacific campaign but thats about it.

19. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

TarcisioCM and Janboruta's Civilizations :crazyeye:

Except Austria-Hungary, which is technically TarcisioCM, JFD and Janboruta's Civilization.

20. Mosile

See? Bam!

Venustiano Carranza

UA:La decena trágica.
    Something with Dealing with City happiness, Aiding allies, and other stuff

UU:Avro Anáhuac (GWB)

UU: Guardia Rural (GWI)

Im no modder but that could work somehow