JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

I think he's got enough on his plate for now with CulDiv, P&P, ExCE and his ever growing list of civs-to-do-or-update :lol:

Spoiler :
UA: Plate of creation
Receive +1% :c5production: production in the :c5capital: capital per every :greatwork: great work you have(up to 33%). Each building with :greatwork: great work slot provides +1 :c5production: production and :c5food: food. Each time you store a new :greatwork: great work in the :c5capital: capital, a 2-turn "we love the king day" starts in the empire. Buildings that produce :c5production: production provide +1 :c5culture: culture.
UU: JGP
Unique :c5greatperson: great person. May be wasted to hurry :c5production: production and start a "we love the king day" in the empire, or to create a :greatwork: great work and provide :c5culture: culture

And i said someone. Not JFD. JFD isn't someone. He is a Modjesty. Modjesties aren't someones. :p

It says in the CulDiv he wanted to do culture-specific unit graphics... which was partly why I started that Hebrew pack that nobody seems interested in anymore...

Also watch out for that 5000th post in JFD's Civs!

I interested in it....
(Sorry to DP, some people posted while i was writing my post)
5000? No way!

2 minutes too late. Close though :D

I didn't see Natan's second post, I thought I got it on time! NOOOOO! *shakes fist grumpily*

EDIT: and---- fixed! Hehehehehe

Is v.22 of YnAEMP supported buy your mods? Either way, I am experiencing a glitch were I can't change the number of city states in a YnAEMP game (both v 22 and 23), as it is stuck at zero, and I think HRE might be the reason, although I can't say for sure.

It says in the CulDiv he wanted to do culture-specific unit graphics... which was partly why I started that Hebrew pack that nobody seems interested in anymore...

Not true! Not True! I am interested for something I am working on! Hebrew Units == Judaism Special Units.

Someone should release an AI patch...
Roses are red, violets are blue, ExCE is coming, settlers pack too...

I couldn't if I wanted to. I'm not a programmer by profession - so I'll drown in any DLL venture.

I thought CulDiv was done, with the exception of bugfixes, that is. There's more?

Spoiler :
I hope whatever more he adds'll be more like the original concept. :D

E&D did depreciate the need for my hacky events; each culture group has a unique event now anyway. So just shared bonuses/penalties to go.

Oh wait, what? It's complete? I haven't exactly been keeping track of it lately but I do remember reading something about the balance patch (or was that was part of bugfixing?)

Balance Patch is from P&P :p CulDiv doesn't handle core game features; just adds to the game - mostly aesthetically. I don't consider it quite finished (I wanted to do Golden Age specific bonuses, and I will add that in... eventually. On top of that: the penalties and bonuses and the unit graphics, and then anything else that might be appropriate for the theme (but no one has ideas of offer :()).

Yup; it's just a bit of a dull decide-on-graphic-copy-paste endeavour which merely updates the idea of Ethnic Units/R.E.D. with what's new, and assign them to culture groups (which will be good for mod authors that don't have EU/R.E.D. compatibility, but do have CulDiv comp.) But those Hebrew Units are valueable - everything new graphic validates the culdiv version of EU/R.E.D. Only problem is assigning them to Ethiopia might be a bit odd... but we'll see.

The one where all groups had large bonuses and penalties, as well as different tasks you could do etc. That was before E&D.

I decided to streamline it a bit, and broaden the categories which would assign those bonuses and penalties - so that they're more impactful, and less diluted. But I can't get beyond the Native (Bantu, Andean, Mesoamerica, Tribal American) and Asian (Oriental, Bharata, Oceanic, Mandala) ones, so I haven't made much progress. In fact, some of the Native penalties (no naval or siege units) are already in the mod; just disabled. But Middle-Eastern culture groups are just so good at everything in-game!

I interested in it....
(Sorry to DP, some people posted while i was writing my post)
5000? No way!

Woe is me.

Spoiler :
Yes... I was... er totally sniping for the 5001st post :p

How marvellous! I'll put that in the modder scenario :D

Is v.22 of YnAEMP supported buy your mods? Either way, I am experiencing a glitch were I can't change the number of city states in a YnAEMP game (both v 22 and 23), as it is stuck at zero, and I think HRE might be the reason, although I can't say for sure.

Not sure; there was an issue with this that I recently fixed; have you got the absolute latest update for YnAEMP? It was the one in which I edited Australia on the earth map. Of course, that's only if you're only getting this glitch on the standard maps, and not the new ones.

Wow Jfd, great work on the Carribean TSL, didn't expect that, really cool! :goodjob:
On another note, could it be possible that other mods are able to distort your Yneamp patch? Large Europe only shows modded Civs and I cant even click on Giant Europe.

Edit: And you did the same with the Americas!!! You are soooo awesome :D

Sorry, missed your question. I don't know - it shouldn't. There might be something either in the Database or Lua logs, if you could provide a copy of those.

Enjoy playing as Sweden on the Carribbean :D Now to update Scotland... :p

Apparently there is not so little interest in the Hebrew Pack as I thought - generally, no posts in thread = no interest in units.:groucho: If you want to see more units, ask for 'em!
Maybe I'll go back to it after Colonialist Legacies' Settler Edition is out...

Apparently there is not so little interest in the Hebrew Pack as I thought - generally, no posts in thread = no interest in units.:groucho: If you want to see more units, ask for 'em!
Maybe I'll go back to it after Colonialist Legacies' Settler Edition is out...

It's more like: no posts in thread == no problems. Look through my thread; I bet 70% are bug reports, whilst 10% are Natan ramblings and discussions on the adventures of Viregel... where is Viregel anyway... When I take some time out to do some more of the unit graphic portion, I'll be searching the forums for what's new - and I'll probably start with the Semitic units :D

Every resource (both luxury and strategic) will allow you to build either a (Resource Name) Trader, (Resource Name) Market, or (Resource Name) Trading Co., which grants a special effect sort of like how marble does in vanilla (but longer lasting, and with more planning involved). However, a city may normally only support 3 "Trade Slots" - a Trader takes up 1 slot, a Market 2, and a Trading Co. 3. So some resources have more powerful effects, but you can fit less in your city.

4 of my new luxuries are Trading Co. resources - which tend to unlock more late-game effects to do with Great People generation and tourism. The rest (except Sulfur) are Trader resources, which have more base effects (like attrition immunities, city defense/hp, etc.)

So, basically, yes, every resource has its own unique effect (although unique resources like Nutmeg, Praline, and Shellfish will have duplicated effects that stack with the equivalent non-unique resource's effect; i.e. those resources do the same as Spice, Cocoa, and Jade.)

That totally needs to be an event.

"Congratulations! Your thread has now reached 5000 posts!" *begins a Golden Age*

And so it shall be coded.

A decision(and event) idea for the modder scenario:

Spoiler :
Decision: Build a Hype Train station in ???
Requirements: player must have researched railroads. May not be enacted while in a golden age. 1500 gold. ??? Must have more then 20 :c5citizen: citizens.
Rewards: "we love the modder day" in ??? For 10 turns, 10% of the :c5production: production is converted to :tourism: tourism.
10% of the :c5culture: culture in ??? Is converted to :c5food: food. +2 :tourism: tourism in this city during :c5goldenage: golden ages.

Event: the hype train arrives.
The hype train arrived to ???. What shall we do?
welcome the visitors.(10% of the :c5culture: culture is converted to :tourism: tourism and "we love the king day" for 5 turns)
organise festivals!(lose 50 :c5gold: and gain 25 :c5culture: culture per every citizen in the city, +10% culture in the city for 5 turns)
Gift the visitors with portraits.(25% boost in :c5culture culture and :c5production: production for 4 turns)(only for JFD's empire alternate leader)
give them tickets to the court.("we love the king day" and +33% :tourism: tourism in the :c5capital: capital for 9 turns)(only for king Sukritact and his Modjesty)

Every resource (both luxury and strategic) will allow you to build either a (Resource Name) Trader, (Resource Name) Market, or (Resource Name) Trading Co., which grants a special effect sort of like how marble does in vanilla (but longer lasting, and with more planning involved). However, a city may normally only support 3 "Trade Slots" - a Trader takes up 1 slot, a Market 2, and a Trading Co. 3. So some resources have more powerful effects, but you can fit less in your city.

4 of my new luxuries are Trading Co. resources - which tend to unlock more late-game effects to do with Great People generation and tourism. The rest (except Sulfur) are Trader resources, which have more base effects (like attrition immunities, city defense/hp, etc.)

So, basically, yes, every resource has its own unique effect (although unique resources like Nutmeg, Praline, and Shellfish will have duplicated effects that stack with the equivalent non-unique resource's effect; i.e. those resources do the same as Spice, Cocoa, and Jade.)

Hmm, JFD in original post you said that there will be 3 kind of resourses Trader, Market and East India Company but now it become Trading Company. So you changed your idea to new building or change East India Combany (you know EIC is national wonder so you can have only 1 in your empire, which cause that only 1 city will have ability to take a trade Co. resource)
And another question will we able to change Trade Slots? For example in early game we can have 3 Trader resourses and later change it to market + trader resourses (of course if we have sush resourse within city)

Hmm, JFD in original post you said that there will be 3 kind of resourses Trader, Market and East India Company but now it become Trading Company. So you changed your idea to new building or change East India Combany (you know EIC is national wonder so you can have only 1 in your empire, which cause that only 1 city will have ability to take a trade Co. resource)
And another question will we able to change Trade Slots? For example in early game we can have 3 Trader resourses and later change it to market + trader resourses (of course if we have sush resourse within city)

Either you misunderstood, or I made a mistake. There has only ever been the Trader, Market, and Trading Company. The East India Company adds an additional slot to the city in which it is built, but is not itself a trade building.

Yes, you can "sell" existing Traders as they are, functionally, buildings, just categorised differently in the CityView. Some Traders, like Salt, also become obsolete with certain eras, and you will lose the Trade should a resource be banned by the World Congress. So what Trades a city supports are not fixed to the first time you assign them. Also, you are not limited to the traders that you can build by what resources are avaliable locally - but just by whatever resources you have access to globally. Although the AI won't be able to see it, you'll see that value in hoarding luxuries of the same kind (especially the coveted Silk :p)

Enjoy playing as Sweden on the Carribbean :D Now to update Scotland... :p

Aww, JFD, don't say that... You know how much I want Sweden...

It's more like: no posts in thread == no problems. Look through my thread; I bet 70% are bug reports, whilst 10% are Natan ramblings and discussions on the adventures of Viregel... where is Viregel anyway... When I take some time out to do some more of the unit graphic portion, I'll be searching the forums for what's new - and I'll probably start with the Semitic units :D

Yeah, I'm sorry for all the bug remarks. :p

The sorry people should be those who don't report bugs they find :lol: Those who do are the ones we should all be thanking for allowing me to release mods so quickly. So thanks for reporting bugs! :)

Enjoy playing as Sweden on the Carribbean :D

While we are on the topic of Sweden... did I hear rumours that you're making a Karl XII civ? If so, woo! Even more civs from the Peter the Great/Louis XIV era! :D

Top Bottom