JFD and Janboruta's Sponsors

New sponsor added for your anticipated enjoyment:

The Iron Pact - Kurt von Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Download Subscribe

Prince-Chancellor Kurt von Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - The Iron Pact

Suum Cuique: Culture output in a city contributes toward Production in that city (up to 25%)

New Cargo
Luxury Goods: Begin with a Trade Depot building in your first City

New Colonist
Officers: +1 Production and +2 Energy in every City

Credits
Spoiler :
JFD: Design, Code
Janboruta: Artwork, Writing, Lore

The Iron Pact is a confederation of Central European states under the supervision of a German Council of Peers, composed of members of old, noble houses of Europe. Isolated and scorned due to Germany's dubious role in the collapse of the European Union, the Iron Pact sent its Seeding mission without cooperation with any other nation on Earth, and did so only thanks to its people's resourcefulness, innovation and fabled German work ethic.

Leader of the Iron Pact's colony, Prince-Chancellor Kurt von Saxe-Coburg-Gotha is an educated and well-mannered politician and an expert pilot. His most important intention is the preservation of European and Germanic culture on a distant planet, in a manner different to that of Franco-Iberia. Instead of a haughty attitude of catalogue-makers, Kurt wants to instill his colonists with utmost respect to their cultural heritage, and display with it pride - but not with any hint arrogance. He does that in hopes of absolving the German people - and its allies - of sins committed back on Earth, either if they were real or not.

Two sponsors already :p ... I love the leaders design

Great work so far!

But I wonder whether Feldgrau would be a better choice than that yellow for the Iron Pact's secondary colour.

Poland added:

The Galactic Polish Empire - Ziemowit Tytus Download Subscribe

Space Hetman Ziemowit Tytus - The Galactic Polish Empire
Memorial: Resource Pods may periodically appear near to your cities.

Credits
Spoiler :
LastSword: Artwork (Leaderscene), Design, , Writing (Civilopedia/Lore)
JFD: Code
Janboruta: Artwork (Sponsor Icon)

This is primary LastSword's civ, done at his request :D

I like all of these, but... do they mean you won't work on your civilizations anymore? I was so looking forward to Swiss update...

I highly doubt it, there are still bigger plans for Civ 5 mods than for BE.

As for myself, I don't plan doing art for BE mods long-term, just for a handful more sponsors at the moment. Who knows what DLCs or expansions will be made for it, adding new sponsors or mechanics? The game is obviously in its early stage and there's much to be added, so I'll be sticking to Civ 5 no matter what. But, truth be told, BE is a good refreshment.

Thank you both very much.
JFD_ResourcePodsFromPolishHomeland, you got it right.
For future, I think that one 100% pod is enough (place it under Capital City so filthy players will not camp for them :)).

Looking forward for opportunity to play those.

I personally choose to understand the Polish UA as the ship breaking up into multiple pieces on landing. :D

Brilliant work JFD per usual.

I like all of these, but... do they mean you won't work on your civilizations anymore? I was so looking forward to Swiss update...

Definitely not! Once the novelty of BE has worn off, I won't be interested in adding more sponsors, and I'll return to civ. To be honest, also, there's only three more sponsors I want to add anyway (Space Royals, Space Nazis, Space Assyrian Siege Towers), and I'm working on revising the vanilla UAs to be more satisfying to me. Then I'm content.

And the Swiss update is still going to take awhile - I'm focusing on Piety and Prestige for now, first. But second I haven't a clue on the Swiss events. And third: the new patch means I have to update a few of my already full-updated civs first :p Oh yeah, and fourth I have two exams in the next few days, so I shouldn't be distracted :cringe:

Thank you both very much.
JFD_ResourcePodsFromPolishHomeland, you got it right.
For future, I think that one 100% pod is enough (place it under Capital City so filthy players will not camp for them :)).

Will do :)

And the Swiss update is still going to take awhile - I'm focusing on Piety and Prestige for now, first. But second I haven't a clue on the Swiss events. And third: the new patch means I have to update a few of my already full-updated civs first :p Oh yeah, and fourth I have two exams in the next few days, so I shouldn't be distracted :cringe:

Wow. Good luck on your exams, you know you can always make the teacher disappear if he/she misspells something.
A concept for Swiss events: various cities can get rebellious, causing rebel (barbarian) units to appear in your territory if they get too unhappy.
Or a wild bear might appear, giving you a choice between sending hunters after it, capturing it for the zoo in Bern, or inviting it to lunch.

The Holy See and the Iron Pact updated:

• Slightly increased the amount of XP earned from the Holy See UA
  • Added new affinity variations for the Holy See leaderscene
  • Added a few extra diplomacy text and personal excerpts for the Holy See

Kurt Von Saxe-Coburg-Gotha: keeping in mind the Belgian royal dynasty, does this mean that the Iron Pact are secretly aristocratic Belgian Space-monarchists? Is Kurt actually just Leopold III in space :eek: ?

Edit: never mind, I just read the civlopedia entry. Kurt is about as German as they come (as far as such a thing is possible within the world of beyond earth of course, what with all the post-calamity mass migration and such)

Here's to hoping for space Albert I, I guess :D

Definitely not! Once the novelty of BE has worn off, I won't be interested in adding more sponsors, and I'll return to civ. To be honest, also, there's only three more sponsors I want to add anyway (Space Royals, Space Nazis, Space Assyrian Siege Towers), and I'm working on revising the vanilla UAs to be more satisfying to me. Then I'm content.

Will do :)

I keep forgetting some of you young pup modders are still in school... don't forget to bring an apple for the teacher. :D And keep up the good work, BTW.

Nicely done with the revised vanilla sponsors. :goodjob:

Not sure the Slavic Federation really needed a name change, but the new icon is great.

Top Bottom