JFD's Civilizations - Prussia (Frederick) for Vox Populi

JFD's Civilizations - Prussia (Frederick) for Vox Populi (v 9)

I was wondering if there is a fix as yet for Frederick not appearing in the playable civs list? Is there something I could add to the code that could fix it?

It shows up as playable for me, but not the 3/4 UC. I play with even more resources, more wonders (and 3/4 UC), plus some strictly UI stuff like list enhancements and promotion flags etc.

These are the mods I use for pretty much every game. Roosevelt is your mod right? If it is I played that one and it worked beautifully, one of the best civ games I played, that's why I'm trying to get this one to work too.

Attachments

• mods.png
    mods.png
    521.4 KB · Views: 253
After a multiplayer game it seems prussia needs a hard nerf, +100% promotion gave him almost 3 promotions(maybe 4) passing the industrial era, combine with prussian discipline(15%) + morale(10%) for all unit (teutonic order) + kriegsschule's promotion(10% for each owned unit around) + if you take authority : conscription(10%) and you got an invicible army. my friends do not stand a chance, even if my army was outnumbered there was no way i could loose, i could litteraly just sent 2 men and 1 artillery and take a city in 1-3 turns (2 other melee if there was more than 6 troops).

i propose 50% promotion buff (instead of 100%), and prussian discipline nerf to 10% and must be onDefense or attack only

It shows up as playable for me, but not the 3/4 UC. I play with even more resources, more wonders (and 3/4 UC), plus some strictly UI stuff like list enhancements and promotion flags etc.
  1. Enable logging, then activate your mods.
  2. Do not click go back to the main menu, either exit the game directly or alt-tab.
  3. Then, copy Civ5DebugDatabase.db from the cache folder from your civ 5 my documents folder
  4. Send it to me. Just attach it here.

These are the mods I use for pretty much every game. Roosevelt is your mod right? If it is I played that one and it worked beautifully, one of the best civ games I played, that's why I'm trying to get this one to work too.
From your picture, there's a few problems with your mod list. First, you are not using VP's more luxuries. This is the one you get from subscribing on steam. Unsubscribe, delete the 'More Luxuries' folder in mods. Look in the folder, there should be one called '(5) More Luxuries - CBO Edition'. This is the correct one. If it doesn't exist, reinstall VP.

Second, I'm not sure how compatible the base Events and Decisions is. Try this compatible version. Though it's fairly outdated now, it should still be compatible.

After using the correct more luxuries, if Prussia still does not show up, go through the steps I typed above to Heinz_Guderian.

After a multiplayer game it seems prussia needs a hard nerf, +100% promotion gave him almost 3 promotions(maybe 4) passing the industrial era, combine with prussian discipline(15%) + morale(10%) for all unit (teutonic order) + kriegsschule's promotion(10% for each owned unit around) + if you take authority : conscription(10%) and you got an invicible army. my friends do not stand a chance, even if my army was outnumbered there was no way i could loose, i could litteraly just sent 2 men and 1 artillery and take a city in 1-3 turns (2 other melee if there was more than 6 troops).

i propose 50% promotion buff (instead of 100%), and prussian discipline nerf to 10% and must be onDefense or attack only

Maybe I overtuned it. I was balancing by using the AI, and Prussia is usually middle of the pack or lower there.

Did you have a tech or policy lead? Were you playing tall or wide? What's the AI's difficulty level? Have you tried playing against a strong warmonger civ, like Sweden or Zulu?

To be fair, Prussia's bonuses are much more human friendly compared to the AI.

i had the same tech level than my opponent, almost the same for social policy, i was maybe 1 policy behind, i was playing tall at the begginning then when pioneers were available i started playing wide and conquest.

for AI difficulty i don't know since we can't choose in multiplayer and it is not indicate(hope one day we will) so it's the default difficulty AI in multiplayer.

i didn't try against warmonger civ unfortunately.

I hope this is the right thing. I had the mods I used ticked then went next.

Attachments

• Civ5DebugDatabase.zip
    1 MB · Views: 195
Just an update, Version 8 of this mod works fine, it's just Version 9 not showing in the playable civs list.

Idk how the issue of Fredrick more UC is going but, I too can't see his 3rd and 4th UC when loading a game

I do see him as a playable civ thou

I'm playing a game right now as Prussia on marathon speed and it is currently turn 686 and I haven't received any of Prussia's civ specific events yet despite having events on.

I'm playing a game right now as Prussia on marathon speed and it is currently turn 686 and I haven't received any of Prussia's civ specific events yet despite having events on.
Do you have installed modmod Community Patch Events Development by Enginseer? Because that where you get Civ specific events, I think.

Do you have installed modmod Community Patch Events Development by Enginseer? Because that where you get Civ specific events, I think.
I haven't had to use that modmod to receive Prussia's events in the past. I used to play on a slightly older version of VP but since I've updated to the latest full release the events stopped appearing.

With 3.0 this mod's finally given up the ghost, and with HungryForFood MIA for over a year it'll probably stay that way. I miss Fred's absurdly promoted units already. Would anyone be able to pick this back up?

I second that. Please bring back my favorite warmongering civ.
Same with some other JFDs civ mods like Victoria, Tojo, Meiji, Papal States.
It will be greatly appreciated.
I hope so, they were absolutely great gems
Unfortunately, I doubt somebody could update to 3.0 standards, modders have already their works to fix and so on

With 3.0 this mod's finally given up the ghost, and with HungryForFood MIA for over a year it'll probably stay that way. I miss Fred's absurdly promoted units already. Would anyone be able to pick this back up?
Maybe there will be supply if there is demand. Would love to do some battles again with this civ. Fingers cross that we will have Prussia back!

Attached is a version that should be V3.0 compatible.
I haven't tested it but several people asked me by PM because I did the same job for some @Hinin civ mods. Unlike Hinin with whom I have a lot of work, I have not had the opportunity to collaborate with @HungryForFood, I hope he will not feel offended by my work (very reduced, just change a line following the new happiness management SQL columns).

Attachments

• JFD's Civilizations - Prussia (Frederick) for Vox Populi (v 9 VP3.0 compatible).7z
    9.3 MB · Views: 80
Attached is a version that should be V3.0 compatible.
I haven't tested it but several people asked me by PM because I did the same job for some @Hinin civ mods. Unlike Hinin with whom I have a lot of work, I have not had the opportunity to collaborate with @HungryForFood, I hope he will not feel offended by my work (very reduced, just change a line following the new happiness management SQL columns).
We have to say a lot of thanks to you, gwennog, you are doing a great job giving life to "dead" modmods.
Unofrtunately, I encountered the same identical problem I had with this mod still prior to 3.x, even in 2.x: I cannot make it work with 3-4UC, it only shows 2 Unique Components

We have to say a lot of thanks to you, gwennog, you are doing a great job giving life to "dead" modmods.
Unofrtunately, I encountered the same identical problem I had with this mod still prior to 3.x, even in 2.x: I cannot make it work with 3-4UC, it only shows 2 Unique Components
I just tried it, it works great for me. Could you send me the lua.log ?
Do you use other mods ?

Top Bottom