JFD's Custom Civs CPP General Discussion

I also noticed the issue with the GG Bulbs for Germany.

Also when Roosevelt is in the game I get New deal options as Germany. I have not tested if that's also an issue when he is not in the game.

Both of these issues were seen with latest CBP.

I am planning on working on Roosevelt next. I will be doing the WW2 Leaders, and trying to solve these issues, and otherwise come up with some sort of balancing solution to have them on par in CBP

Great notque. I have not done any modding but if you need any help testing or anything let me know.

Victoria and Putin

Hey JFD, I was using the CBP Multiplayer Modpack with Victoria and Putin and I couldn't find the civs in the selection menu but when I loaded up a game, they were in the civ-pedia. What do?

Also, how can I make Victoria compatible with CBP. I deleted the files with "England" in the title to prevent cross-over of abilities. Was that a good idea?

Victoria and Putin

Hey JFD, I was using the CBP Multiplayer Modpack with Victoria and Putin and I couldn't find the civs in the selection menu but when I loaded up a game, they were in the civ-pedia. What do?

Also, how can I make Victoria compatible with CBP. I deleted the files with "England" in the title to prevent cross-over of abilities. Was that a good idea?

Don't know how to prevent the crossover with Elizabeth - might want to inquire to JFD in his custom civs thread.

How did you load the mods? You installed the modpack, then went in the mods menu and loaded only Victoria & Putin? They both work fine for me without the modpack, loading everything in the mods menu instead.

Though sometimes custom civs don't work with new CBP versions. If nothing works, might wanna load an older version or wait for a newer one.

Okay, playing as the Germans, and it's just as OP as I remember. Even crazier when you imagine all the barbarian attacks on city states, and the events that "allow" you to spawn barbarians.

I could fix the problem of barbarians attacking your city, but I don't even want to really. It's not bothering me at all that occasionally they give me a love tap. They are barbarians. Let them get that one bit of aggression out of them.

I think balancing where the improvements come from on the tech tree should be done. I'm just going to have all iron camps.

But I'm just wrecking everyone's face in with barbarians all over the maps. And tons of cities, because spawning more barbarians is just what I want. Let's go deep into negative happiness.

I love playing the Germans soooo much.

Edit: Hahaha, I can't enter Barbarian City State territory because I don't have open borders. Hahaha.

Edit 2: In a huge war losing, and I get.. Revolution... 2 Barbarians in every city nad unrest....

WOW! I love you horrible event!

Edit 3: GET WRECKED WITH BERSERKERS!

Edit 4: Going to end up editing them so the camps are a bit nicer scaling, and then make them similar to barb spawning with them being UUs. Going to be even more fun to play with.

No idea how the balance really is, because whenever I play them I go totally crazy, playing like a barbarian civ. So much fun.

Just played a game with Prussia. Seems the Death Head Hassar cannot attack. It says they are a ranged unit but dont seem to have any ability to attack an enemy. Is this intended? Also is there a better place to post bugs for JFD's civs?

Just played a game with Prussia. Seems the Death Head Hassar cannot attack. It says they are a ranged unit but dont seem to have any ability to attack an enemy. Is this intended? Also is there a better place to post bugs for JFD's civs?

lol, I don't know whether this is the problem or not, but it seems that in CBO, a unit with a <RangedCombat> but without <Range> can not do any melee attack nor any ranged attack at all.:D

My new favorite community patch civ is JFD's Washington using events and decisions with it. LOVE the Louisiana Purchase event. After activating it, all settlers get extra land when settled. Brilliant! And the ranches are extremely powerful awarding a lot of extra production fairly early. I added the barbarian evolved mod as well and found the damage doled out to any enemies on the American border was an excellent deterrent. I hadnt play them due to the absence of the beloved b17 but now i just take freedom and capture that too! My last two victories on a large communicatus map were diplomacy and culture. There should be a law against this much fun!:lol:

Thanks for these reports. I make note of everything and will fix them when I can. Although it's odd that Catherine is conflicting with Nicholas (with Peter I could understand, because he takes the Krepost and replaces it with the Banya). Are you using the individual civs, or the packs?
I did not know there were packs. Could someone link me to a page that talks about the packs? I see in JFD's civilizations thread where he discuss packs, but I do not see any references to them being released.

German Reich Civilization- Hitler (MOD issues)
I just started a new game using the CPP (Vox Populi) and I must say it's a whole different experience than simply playing the bland game itself. It runs well, the AI aren't entirely mentally ******ed, and it simply opens up whole new doors of possibility, given the sheer amount of content which has changed just about everything. My only qualm with this is getting JFD's German Reich mod to work in its fullest form when I use it for CPP. One of Hitler's best leader bonuses is the ability to expend Great Generals for science points. Currently, when I attempt to do so it shows on that little info bulb that the Great General will provide '0' science points if used. I decided to click the button and expend him just to see what will happen and...well...not a thing. It appears the CPP mod stripps off that ability whenever I play as the German Reich. In just about every other sense, JFD's German Reich Civilization mod works just fine with the fullly loaded Vox Populi Community Patch. I've been scouring the internet inscessently in order to find a fix for this, but to no avail sadly. If anybody has any ideas on how to solve this issue, I'd be very grateful.

German Reich Civilization- Hitler (MOD issues)
I just started a new game using the CPP (Vox Populi) and I must say it's a whole different experience than simply playing the bland game itself. It runs well, the AI aren't entirely mentally ******ed, and it simply opens up whole new doors of possibility, given the sheer amount of content which has changed just about everything. My only qualm with this is getting JFD's German Reich mod to work in its fullest form when I use it for CPP. One of Hitler's best leader bonuses is the ability to expend Great Generals for science points. Currently, when I attempt to do so it shows on that little info bulb that the Great General will provide '0' science points if used. I decided to click the button and expend him just to see what will happen and...well...not a thing. It appears the CPP mod stripps off that ability whenever I play as the German Reich. In just about every other sense, JFD's German Reich Civilization mod works just fine with the fullly loaded Vox Populi Community Patch. I've been scouring the internet inscessently in order to find a fix for this, but to no avail sadly. If anybody has any ideas on how to solve this issue, I'd be very grateful.

Ask JFD.

This is definitely something introduced in the CP (or VMC), and from my testings IIRC it is to do with the DefaultUnitAI being different from the standard Great Person which has this ability. So, Germany's unique Great General has the GG AI, making it incompatible with the Great Scientist ability (science bulb). The same thing happens with de Gaulle's unique GG and the Great Writer ability (culture bulb).

This is definitely something introduced in the CP (or VMC), and from my testings IIRC it is to do with the DefaultUnitAI being different from the standard Great Person which has this ability. So, Germany's unique Great General has the GG AI, making it incompatible with the Great Scientist ability (science bulb). The same thing happens with de Gaulle's unique GG and the Great Writer ability (culture bulb).

Did you write lua commands for these units, or something else?

I'm pretty sure notque worked on Hitler a bit, and got the general thing to work (at least somewhat), but I don't think he ever released the finished product. You could try asking him for it.

I just ran into a problem I have no idea how to fix with Theodore Roosevelt's America. I'm not sure if it's the CPP or not.

I subbed on Steam to Roosevelt, (who is perhaps the cleverest modded civ I've seen so far, and I love a military focused diplo victory civ, it's like the exact opposite of Venice) and read through the comments to learn there was an issue with him regarding social policies that requires the Community Patch to avoid, even though it's not listed as a requirement. I did run into that afterwards, testing with CP off for the real issue I have, so you probably ought to list it as a requirement, as he definitely is unplayable without the CP. At least he's incredibly unfair without it and will end up running into a 'cannot end turn' scenario if he unlocks all of the social policies as one of those comments stated.

In my working game, with only community patch 3-7 installed, none of the other balance changes or gameplay additions, I built a cargo ship and sent it to trade with a city-state. Upon reaching this city-state, the cargo ship unit disappeared from the map entirely, and also disappeared from my trade unit limit. I was at 2/6 and then suddenly 1/6. The trade route was still there on my the map and if I moused over it it showed it was active, but the unit had disappeared. The route still showed in my trade overview as well, and when the route was scheduled to end the ship reappeared in its home city to be reassigned.

I didn't really stop playing or save it because I had a dumb, I suppose, and I've not yet sat down to try and reproduce it, but by the end of the game it was really bothering me. I didn't take advantage of it, but even at my trade unit limit, once they were all engaged in trade and had disappeared I noticed I could set my cities to build cargo ships and caravans again. It's a minor thing, I suppose, but I'd like to find out if anyone else's encountered it and whether there's something I've done wrong or something I can do to fix it?

PS - I also wonder if the CP didn't screw with the AI, because William of Orange and Isabella of Spain were building massive navies of 10 and 15 caravels at a time and sailing them back and forth, but I think that's a question to ask the CPP folks, even if I have no earthly idea where or how to ask.

Top Bottom