Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get a free settler if you have Vox Populi.

You get a free settler if you have Vox Populi.

Goddamn CBP - every time :p

Thanks Skaz - perhaps this'll make a good example of why you should declare whether using the CBP or not when making bug reports...

>Is both Jifford's friend and (essentially) public relations guy, not to mention one of the main testers for the JFDDLC and respected member of the community

>Answers question with perfectly valid answer, giving no more detail than requested

>Gets insulted and told to answer messages that don't exist

-.-

*cries* T-thank y-you...

RTP stops the Pyramids from requiring Liberty, but isn't meant to remove the free workers afaik - it should just produce Peasants instead, and the only inconsistency is the Pyramids' Help tag.

Yes, will fix.

Sacred Steps...

Not from RtP, no.

Goddamn CBP - every time :p

Thanks Skaz - perhaps this'll make a good example of why you should declare whether using the CBP or not when making bug reports...

It will, but will beings declare it? No, no they won't....

VP overrides RTP? I didn't expect that was true. Thanks for the info.

no, but VP changes the free units you'll get from Pyramids, while RtP didn't deal with this.

I'm very new to this mod, so I'm sorry if I've overlooked something really basic.

I'm playing as Churchill and somehow managed to be the first to found and enhance a religion. My three cities were completely converted and I was at 100/100 piety. My neighbouring civ (Novgorod) also converted via pressure (both of his cities).

Piety decreased as normal, I ignored it for a bit, and then was unable to do anything to increase it... or perhaps unaware of how to increase it.

Now, even though I have +22 & +19 pressure on them (no other religions in the area), my own cities are losing religious followers at a rate of 1 per turn, and I'm at 0/100 piety because I can't keep my own cities following my own state religion. I've sent missionaries with little to no effect.

Help?

EDIT: I'm using the CBP, but not CBO.

I'm very new to this mod, so I'm sorry if I've overlooked something really basic.

I'm playing as Churchill and somehow managed to be the first to found and enhance a religion. My three cities were completely converted and I was at 100/100 piety. My neighbouring civ (Novgorod) also converted via pressure (both of his cities).

Piety decreased as normal, I ignored it for a bit, and then was unable to do anything to increase it... or perhaps unaware of how to increase it.

Now, even though I have +22 & +19 pressure on them (no other religions in the area), my own cities are losing religious followers at a rate of 1 per turn, and I'm at 0/100 piety because I can't keep my own cities following my own state religion. I've sent missionaries with little to no effect.

Help?

EDIT: I'm using the CBP, but not CBO.

Piety is increased through Decisions, Events, converting others to your State Religion and from your Founder Belief, as well as some Piety policies. Chances are you just chose a weak belief.

Also CBO == CBP :/ The core DLL mod is referred to as the 'CP', for future reference.

Piety is increased through Decisions, Events, converting others to your State Religion and from your Founder Belief, as well as some Piety policies. Chances are you just chose a weak belief.

Also CBO == CBP :/ The core DLL mod is referred to as the 'CP', for future reference.

Thanks! So, if piety falls below neutral, it's normal to have your cities shedding their religion? All I was able to find in game is that there's a negative penalty to the rate at which non-religious citizens are converted. Is there somewhere that I can read more indepth about the details/mechanics of this mod?

Thanks! So, if piety falls below neutral, it's normal to have your cities shedding their religion? All I was able to find in game is that there's a negative penalty to the rate at which non-religious citizens are converted. Is there somewhere that I can read more indepth about the details/mechanics of this mod?

Yup - Poor and Heretical both cause you to lose followers. A combination of the Wikia and the Civilopedia will probably help you understand things - otherwise in-game tooltips can often have more info than you expect.

hello, awesome mod, Q: Is it possible to gain piety by converting (or reconverting) you cities to your state religion?
the reason for that is that I started on a large isolated archipelago, with 3 City-States, separated by ocean from other civs, +got a decision to accept my founded religion as my state one in the ancient era! (of course I accepted), now even with priesthood, my piety is 0, only my holy cities is following it :(
Or is it possible to change the resting state to 50?
tnx for the great mod JFD

EDIT: Now after ocean crossing, found that 4/6 civs follow another religion (all so lovey dovey of course), and 2 another, when I started converting some, mass hate and refusing my trade deals, no one left atheist to convert :( this sucks a bit.

Last edited:
Your piety is supposed to convert your cities to your religion by itself... It can be regained through decisions or based on the follower belief that you've chosen.
Converting your cities would reduce the amount of piety you lose each turn.

hello, awesome mod, Q: Is it possible to gain piety by converting (or reconverting) you cities to your state religion?
the reason for that is that I started on a large isolated archipelago, with 3 City-States, separated by ocean from other civs, +got a decision to accept my founded religion as my state one in the ancient era! (of course I accepted), now even with priesthood, my piety is 0, only my holy cities is following it :(
Or is it possible to change the resting state to 50?
tnx for the great mod JFD

EDIT: Now after ocean crossing, found that 4/6 civs follow another religion (all so lovey dovey of course), and 2 another, when I started converting some, mass hate and refusing my trade deals, no one left atheist to convert :( this sucks a bit.
Your piety is supposed to convert your cities to your religion by itself... It can be regained through decisions or based on the follower belief that you've chosen.
Converting your cities would reduce the amount of piety you lose each turn.

On top of this, you gain bulbs of piety from converting the city-states, and you'll receive Piety from actions relating to your Follower belief.

Your cities will have lost your religion because of the low piety. One way to avoid this is through decisions; expel religous minorities and declare repentence. These will both give large bulbs of piety.

"Your piety is supposed to convert your cities to your religion by itself..." not when it reach 0 :p

"On top of this, you gain bulbs of piety from converting the city-states" then they accept my religion and never lose it, then what? :p

"One way to avoid this is through decisions" yeah, 2 decisions PER GAME, in a historic speed game!

I don't know this piety system makes maintaining your religion too hard, way too hard, tbh I don't see the reason I lose piety if all my cities are following my religion if all my cities are following it!! the piety should drop when other religions are spreading in my empire.

and again, any way to change the piety resting place to 50?

"Your piety is supposed to convert your cities to your religion by itself..." not when it reach 0 :p

"On top of this, you gain bulbs of piety from converting the city-states" then they accept my religion and never lose it, then what? :p

"One way to avoid this is through decisions" yeah, 2 decisions PER GAME, in a historic speed game!

I don't know this piety system makes maintaining your religion too hard, way too hard, tbh I don't see the reason I lose piety if all my cities are following my religion if all my cities are following it!! the piety should drop when other religions are spreading in my empire.

and again, any way to change the piety resting place to 50?

Your follower belief is meant to maintain piety; if it can't, chances are you picked the wrong one. If you need more help, then you've got the Piety tree. You're also got the Grand Inquisition to avoid your Piety ever becoming Heretical.

As for increasing the minimum piety level, you can find that setting next to the one that removes the concept of negative GPT.

and where can I find that setting? (sry not that much of a modding pro).
and I think I won't be declaring a state religion no more when I'm isolated, or give up my planed social policies and move to piety.

Hello!
SO after a few months of idle work for school, I'm back! Briefly observing the page I've noticed a long silence. I assume this is because Civ 6 came out but I wanted to ask, is this mod still being developed (I saw a Civ 6 replica of this mod being created)? Also, with the new forum format, how do I check to see new mods and updates you post (I've seen your Civ 6 mods but I had to do digging). For now, that's all, thanks and it's nice to be back! :)

Hello!
SO after a few months of idle work for school, I'm back! Briefly observing the page I've noticed a long silence. I assume this is because Civ 6 came out but I wanted to ask, is this mod still being developed (I saw a Civ 6 replica of this mod being created)?
Yep. He's doing a handful of civilizations for Civ 6 (Nicholas II et. al.) but is also completing his Civ V mods, RtP included.
Also, with the new forum format, how do I check to see new mods and updates you post (I've seen your Civ 6 mods but I had to do digging). For now, that's all, thanks and it's nice to be back! :)
Posting in a thread automatically subscribes you to any new posts in that particular thread, you can also click the 'watch thread' button to the right of the thread's page numbers at the top to subscribe without posting. To check when JFD posts specifically, you can go to his profile page and 'follow' him.

Hello!
SO after a few months of idle work for school, I'm back! Briefly observing the page I've noticed a long silence. I assume this is because Civ 6 came out but I wanted to ask, is this mod still being developed (I saw a Civ 6 replica of this mod being created)? Also, with the new forum format, how do I check to see new mods and updates you post (I've seen your Civ 6 mods but I had to do digging). For now, that's all, thanks and it's nice to be back! :)

Dw, RTP is very much still going... *cough*Sov*cough* :p

v28:
Misc.
  • Added current time to the Top Panel (see user settings to turn off).
  • Added Diplo Corner support for extra buttons. See the Additional Information dropbox for options on what buttons are shown.
  • Added turns until next Policy indicator on the Policy button and turns until Piety drops on the Religon button.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the Summer Palace continued to give a free Great Person of your choice.
  • Fixed an issue whereby bullying City-States would be impossible because of a bugged 'too low influence' condition.
  • Da Vinci's Workshop now only applies to Siege Units. But:
  • Da Vinci's Workshop, St. Basil's Cathedral, and Kremlin changes moved to PiT.
  • Changes to Humanism moved to PiT.
  • Changes to Parthenon and Leaning Tower tech requirement moved to PiT.
  • Added Unit_Missions and UnitClass_Missions table, for tieing custom missions to units.
  • Made some updates to the Civilopedia game concept entries.
  • Summer Palace is now disabled (EE). It will return as a World Wonder in Sovereignty.
  • Added Golden Age Points Per Turn indicator to the Top Panel.
  • Quietened the Tengriism founding audio.
    Claims
  • Claims (Core) user setting now handles all Great Dignitary/Magistrate stuff, so these can now be disabled.
  • Claims (Core Claims) user setting added to distinguish Claims on City-States (the actual mechanic :p) - but this requires Claims Core.
  • Incoporated Curns' ideas into the Decisions:
  • Reduced the cost of Invite Great Person to Court and this now only applies to Merchants, Engineers, and Scientists.
  • Added Invite Civil Servant to Court, for Magistrates and Dignitaries.
  • Added Invite Veteran to Court, for Generals, Admirals, and Recon Units.
  • Added Invite Holy Man to Court, for Doctors and Prophets Units (requires Health).
  • Renamed Invite Great Person to Invite Tutor.
  • Invite Civil Servant/Holy Man/Veteran/Tutor requires the Liberty/Piety/Honour/Tradition Finishers, respectively.
  • Reduced the cost of Promote the Arts.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the CulDiv cause did not work. Also fixed an issue where it was on by default.
  • Re-wrote the main Causes Lua, which should improve performance and now supports negative Cause sources. Because of this, anticipate anomalies and please report any such oddities.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the City-State popup screen would mess up if the CS did not yet have a Capital.
  • Added new modern variation for the Great Magistrate. Thanks, Jan!
  • Rome's changes are now tied to its Trait and not its Civilization type.
  • Rome's UA with slavery now gives Shackles from defeating Barbarians (1 each).
  • Added new Dignitary expended sound effect - thanks to Sir Kesler for the suggestion.
  • Policy changes to the Liberty Opener and Patronage Finisher may now be disabled independently of each other, and allowed the option for Forum Magnum to be disabled without disabling the Great Magistrate faith purchases.
  • Added LuaEvents.JFD_ClaimPushed(playerID, minorID), LuaEvents.JFD_MagistratesGranted(playerID, unit), LuaEvents.JFD_CityAssimilated(playerID, unit), LuaEvents.JFD_CityReclaimed(playerID, unit), and LuaEvents.JFD_DignitariesGranted(playerID, unitID)
  • When Assimilating City with the Great Magistrate, Resistance and Revolt Sentiment is now cleared. Hence, this action can now be taken in non-occupied cities.
  • Great Dignitaries and Great Magistrates must now be stationed in a city in order to grant Dignitaries and Magistrates.
  • Added unique mission icons for Assimilate City and Reclaim City.
  • Reduced the WLTKD boost from Westminster to 15% Faith and Culture.
    Epithets
  • Added support for Todai-Ji and the Buddhas of Bamiyan to the Maharaj epithet.
  • Sun King now increases Culture during Golden Ages by 10%.
  • Added new epithets (the Enlightened, Augustus, the Monk, the Slaver, the Barbarian Slayer, the Pious, the Philosopher, the Soldier, and the Diplomat) - the Reformer to come with Sov. and the Silent with EC v4, bringing the total to50.
  • Added sound effect for when an Epithet is recognised.
  • Added failsafe check to ensure that Epithets that you already have will not trigger (was a reported issue about the Zealot doing this).
  • Fixed an issue whereby the Magnanimous was impossible to get with Investments (CiD) enabled.
    Piety
  • Piety system has been reworked slightly. All Piety rewards are now fixed (as opposed to previously scaled by how much Piety you have), however, there are now global modifiers that increase or decrease all Piety sources. E.g. Grand Inquisition now increases Piety from all sources by +25%, meaning, where you would get +20 Piety per X before building the GI, you will now get +25.
  • Piety rate from being above or below your resting rate is now determined by the number of Civilizations following your State Religion. So, the more civs following, the more demanding it is to maintain high levels of Piety. Conversely, the more civs following, the easier it is to climb back up to your resting rate. As a result, Piety no longer decreases for every city of another civ not following your state religion. This is only applicable to the founder
    of religions, however. Other civs only worry about themselves.
  • Holding the Holy City for your religion now increases your resting rate to the point that you cannot become Heretical.
  • Now gain +5/10 (depending on game speed) resting rate per Holy City Owner that follows your State Religion (other than you).
  • You no longer receive a Piety boost or loss when Civilizations or City-States adopt or change State Religions, or Secularize.
  • Should now be possible to disable Piety in the user settings.
  • Aztec UA now based off of its Trait, instead of the Civilization.
  • Aztec perpetual WLTKD now only applies in the Capital when Devout.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Missionaries did not gain additional strength/spreads with Devout Piety.
  • Synagogue now yields +2 Food (from +1).
  • Added various detail to the Piety Top Panel TT.
  • Civilizations will no longer adopt State Religions that are not the majority in their cities (this was detrimental).
  • Dome of the Rock no longer requires Piety. Mosque of Djenne returned as Piety wonder.
  • Fixed an issue whereby sorting by Found Date in the World Religions tab would cause the screen to go blank.
  • Added Theurgy Belief (+1 Science per 2 followers (up to 8), earn Piety from discovering techs), to correspond with the added Hermeticism.
  • Almsgiving now bases its Piety yield off of WLTKDs, instead of Population growth.
  • You now gain a small amount of Piety whenever you discover a Faith-based Natural Wonder.
  • Todai-Ji now gives a free Pagoda in the city. Reduced Culture yield to 1 (from 3) and increased Production by 50.
  • Cologne Cathedral now gives a free Cathedral in the city. Tourism reduced to 5 and base yields halved.
  • Reduced the number of GProphetPoints Stonehenge gives to 1 (from 2).
  • Added new icon for Religious Orders tech by Janboruta the Merciful (Sukritact's one was overlapping).
  • Great Prophets may no longer be expended for Relics unless you are Devout.
  • Dome of the Rock now rewards Piety based upon the captured city's pop, and now eliminates the Piety loss from warring with Civilizations of your State Religion.
  • Fixed an issue whereby disabling the Temple of Heaven would cause Todai-Ji to not function.
  • AI may now spend Piety on City-State Influence, provided they are relatively high in City-State flavour and at least Virtuous.
  • City-States will no longer always secularize once Liberalism is researched (religious CS will still never secularise).
  • Added Buddhas of Bamiyan wonder; +25% Piety from all sources and allows you to establish a State Religion without Priesthood. Unlocks at Construction.
  • Grand Inquisition now produces +25% Piety from all sources.
  • Syncretism policy now increases Piety resting rate by 15 (in addition to current effect).
  • Hermeticism can now be disabled in the user settings.
  • With CiD, Cologne Cathedral is moved to Nationalism.
  • Hagia Sophia being moved to Drama and Poetry is now an option separate from its other changes.
  • Added FLAVOR_JFD_STATE_RELIGION. This will determine how likely a civ is to adopt/change State Religion (higher == more likely), and, at values higher than 9, determines that the civ will never secularize. See the MSF.
  • Added Soldiers of the Golden Dawn as a Holy Order.
  • Schmlkaldic League now only offers Mounted Units.
  • Followers of Arjuna now only offer Ranged Units.
  • Diversified the special promotions on Holy Orders; they each have a specific effect instead of all yielding faith from kills.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the unique Holy Order contract sounds were not working.
  • Holy Order contracts now require a specific Religion to have been founded before they become available (you do not need to follow this religion to hire or see them, however).
  • Added unique Notification for Piety Level.
  • Changing State Religions/Secularizing whilst Devout or Virtuous now costs Faith, based upon the number of cities following your former religion. Secularization tts now correctly detail this. Changing whilst Heretical or Poor now
    incurs Resistance for every city following your former religion.
  • Added Secularization sound effect.
  • Holy Book Decision now correctly modifies its Faith reward based upon your Piety Level.
  • Festival Decision now modifies by religious unity as in base E&D, and slightly increased the Reward.
  • Added audio for Wiltran Mapu thanks to HoopThrower!
  • Added new Temple of Heaven splash thanks to Kesler!
  • Chosen People belief once again rewards Piety whenever a new tile is acquired with Culture.
  • If the AI has founded a religion, it will no longer adopt another State Religion unless their Capital is converted away from their founded religion.
  • Ancestor Worship now grants Piety whenever a military unit is purchased with Faith.
  • Infallability policy now only grants Piety when a Great Prophet/Missionary/Inquisitor is purchased.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the religion sound effect would trigger whenever an AI enacted one of the Religion Decisions, instead of this being restricted to the human player.
    Mercenaries
  • Thanks to our glorious Pope, Gazebo the Wonderous, Mercenaries has been completely shifted into the DLL! So no more reloading issues! More stability! Whoop! I say you should all make a pilgrimage to the Holy Land of the Community
    Patch Project SubForum and kiss his holy feet! Praises! Praises upon Pope Gazebo!
  • Removed the use of TableSaverLoader.
  • Moved the Terracotta Army to Mercenaries.
  • Mercenary Contract units no longer cost maintenance. You will now only pay maintenance on the Contracts themselves, which is now fixed on the Rating.
  • The level of Mercenary Contract Units is now fixed on the Rating. This is a side-effect of the new system, but shouldn't be too much of a loss.
  • Contracts no longer give resources. Mercenary Contract units are now directly resource-free.
  • Mercenary Contract unit count is now fixed to the specific Contract.
  • Integrated the Mercenaries notification into the Notification Panel. Right-clicking this notification will now bring you to the Mercenary Contracts Overview.
  • Removed the user setting to exempt the AI from paying maintenance on Contracts.
  • Added unique sound for when a Contract is started.
  • Added ability to filter by Siege Units in the Contract Overview.
  • Number of Contracts that an AI can take out at any given time reduced to 2 (from 3).
  • Added a few extra QoL details to the Contracts Overview screen.
  • Reworked Contract costs (Production cost x 3, +50/25% of that per unit/level).
  • The Battering Ram and Siege Tower will now be added to the Siege category, instead of the Melee category.
  • The "Break Contract" option now specifies in the TT the chance of Mercenary Units mutinying.
  • Currently selected Contract/UnitClass will now be highlighted.
  • Added user settings to set the turns before a Notification that a Contract is about to expire is sent.
  • Added LuaEvents.JFD_ContractUnitsDisband(playerID, contractID, isMutiny), LuaEvents.JFD_ContractExtended(playerID, contractID), and LuaEvents.JFD_ContractBroken(playerID, contractID).
  • Fixed an issue whereby the Colonial Marines still received a combat penalty from attacking over a river.
  • Sons of Mars now gain a 25% combat bonus vs. Barbarians.
  • Privateers are no longer limited to Contracts, although the Victual Brothers will still only offer a Privateer-based contract.
  • Removed the Varangian Guard (not the contract, merely the unit). Once Justinian is out, the Contract will only offer the Varangian Guard units (removes conflict with Justinian and redundancy).
  • Added Nomads, a contract that supplies Mounted units that have double movement in Plains and Grassland.
  • Added Cuauhocelotl, a contract that supplies Melee units that yield GG points from kills.
  • Added Zaporozhian Cossacks, a contract that supplies Cossacks that have no combat penalty when attacking over water.
  • Added Lightning Wariors, a contract that supplies Meele units that reduce the CS of nearby enemies.
  • Added Brotherhood of St. Mark, a contract that supplies Melee units that have a bonus against other Melee units (originally a contract made by Zwei!) (will offer only Doppelsoldner with HRE).
  • Added Swiss Guards, a contract that supplies Pikeman that have additional Max HP (will offer only Swiss Guards with Papal States).
  • Added Bandeirantes, a contract that supplies Melee or Recon units that ignore terrain costs and generate Gold from uncovering tiles.
  • Contracts named after units will now only offer that unit (when a modded unit, only if that mod is active).
  • Non-unique units are now three times as likely to be tied to a Contract over unique units (change this in 'JFD_RTP_MERCENARIES_CORE_DEFAULT_UNIT_COUNT').
Please make sure you're using the latest CP.

As with CiD, the version jump is because of various beta iterations.

And with that tremendous update I want to thank Sir Chrisy equally tremendously for the tremendous help that he, with tremendous generosity, gave in its development. Others such as Pope Gazebo, Sir Kesler, Sir Zwei, and Sir Lad should also be thanked, but Sir Chrisy has been utterly indispensable, and henceforth shall be fitted with the title: Imperial Chancellor and President of the Privy Council. Thank you, really - you've been a greater help in this update than any shadow emperor.

Next up: updates to ExCE and CulDiv, and then finally the long, long awaited Sovereignty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom