The Jidaigeki mod is nearing completion in the next month. In two weeks, beta testing will begin to look for errors.

A jidaigeki is a genre of Japanese film or television that depicts the historical period that frequently leads up to the Sengoku Jidai (Time of Warring States) say 1460-1650, but it can depict as early as 1125 or so.

The units.bmp are very full with a wide array of units, but many are quickly obsolete based on tech upgrades. This means there will be room for a prequel or a sequels based on a variety of scenarios. Jidaigeki is based on unifying the 66 provinces (254 cities) under one clan (han). This mod is based on the Sengoku Jidai mod which took the Shogun Total War game as its inspiration.

The tech tree is fully realized save for two slots. It's an ode to the creation of Budo (the Arts of War) and Bushido (the Arts of Chivalry...literally the way or journey of those who "serve"). This means the tech names are the various traditional Japanese martial arts and then the various developed aspects of Bushido characteristics. Budo directly leads to new units and some infrastructure along with basic technology. However Bushido has mysterious effects which are in the event file.

Now the player or AI can build wonders but the Imperial Court already has some. It's your major goal to take and hold that city/citadel. Good luck as every other clan will likewise want that territory.

At least 20 cities are prebuilt with excellent economies and infrastructure and units. But this means every clan can still create 16 more. Can you hold onto them though?

There is abundant wealth but it's partially misleading as it's based upon a measure of rice that would support a samurai's diet as rice is a form of currency. Regardless, you should have no trouble at all recruiting units.

Many new units were added. Look for them. All units are treated like companies ie about 100 samurai with the exception of the cannon and crew which is smaller.
1. Ronin are inexpensive samurai defenders with limited movement and ideal for garrisons.
2. Elite Cavalry Archers
3. Elite Cavalry
4. Exceptional veteran samurai wielding nagamaki which are very good attackers but superior defenders. They are meant to work in tandem with no dachi samurai.

In addition, three classes of battalions exist:
1. Defenders meant to be especially good at protecting city/citadels.
2. Attackers meant to deal with defenders and pick off troublesome enemy probes with far less risk than companies.
3. An Army that has high offensive and defensive strength, more hit points, and firepower. It has many abilities that the others lack.

Then a regiment can be made after many turns:
1. The defacto Imperial/Shogunate Army. It is extremely powerful.

Two new ships were added.
1. Wako which were Chinese junk vessels that caused immense piracy,but here were acting as mercenaries.
2. At advanced levels, an Atakebune which is more than a match for a single wako but it is risky when going against two. The atakebune may be so weakened that it must limp back to a safe port.

The AI rushes through the tech tree. You will have to decide whether to do the same as doing so results in early defenders and attacker battalions. They are game changers.

Last edited:
If it's well received, and with some help from artists, then some slight changes will occur in Jidaigeki 2.0. That begins in 1572. That means the Imagawa are not a choice but the Date han are. That mod version will attempt to have the correct historical names and may have some events spawn conflicts based on history.

Knight Time has been an ENORMOUS help as he:
1. Corrected the terrain so that it's quite visually appealing
2. Made changes to free up resources
3. Made changes and converted an excellent authentic people.gif so it dramatically looks pleasing.
4. Edited and converted the new title.gif to the correct pallete
The project might never have been completed or even been possible without his tireless help.

The terrain change means that at a glance, one can calculate proper movement rates and NOT have to show hidden terrain,but can immediately surmise this. Many modders may end up using this terrain1.gif. the base terrain came from the USA2013 mod which I think has the very best brilliant color swatches.

Now when a mine is created, it does not obscure the terrain. Now when a field is irrigated and farmed, it looks like the current terrain has been improved amd does not obscure the terrain. Additionally using the resource graphic and a house looking very Japanese and authentic appears on the rich farmland tile.

Rich terrain does not just vastly increase food and trade but has an equivalent defensive enhancement as if it were a mountain. This is to encourage the AI to keep up with terrain enhancement as it simulates true clan defenses. And then a fortress placed on such a tile is very defensive as it should be.

Last edited:
To achieve some semblance of proper historical movement, as the map is huge, was quite an undertaking. That means significant time was spent calculating for all terrain and based on unit abilities and limitations. Then considering the economic effects.

This meant a 3 season per year design such that there is lots of income but that is offset by high research costs. That meant that fully realized city/citadels on the highest level had realistic recruit times. Commanders can now make sensible naval invasions and expected costs and yet this does not tank the economy.

Arguably 5% of the populace were samurai soldiers,not just administrators, and this allows realistic historical numbers. That means the mod requires Civ Unlimited to launch it as even 30 years in (90 turns), then 1800 units might be garrisoned in city/citadels, fortresses, or fielded besides naval vessels.

By 1600, thousands of units might be fielded by battalions and then regiments.

3/4 of a year of my life spent making countless calculations and beta testing combat results. If I was smarter, I would have made a special spreadsheet to do projections against the various kinds of terrain. This is my gift to you as I have enjoyed playing mods of one kind or another since Civ 2 first came out.

I keep thinking of new elements to add but I began with no experience on Civ 2 modding. I found some royalty free music and may add it, but it needs a proper mp3 to wav conversion that the Civ 2 engine understand. Then those will fire by events.

In my opinion, most people play their own mp3s now or stream them...thus this has the last priority. Some atmospheric music is pleasant. Playing the identical ten files over and over...is not. That is a dated paradigm.

Last edited:
If there is interest by single or multiplayers, I might create a scenario within Jidaigeki for a start position in 1600 with all the cities laid out and with proper terrain and infrastructure, fortresses, and units. Then in turn one you can start fighting.

This would require some experienced input from multiplayers. You can overfortify and that makes it much tougher than it needs to be. The map will have exceptional terrain as challenges and so there is no need to alter what is natural with military engineering. Then again, it's a challenge in the border war zone (front) to fortify while under fire too.

For any artists interested in helping, here is the Date mon(clan emblem). Once created it needs to be added to the units file and the city.gif. The Date clan (han) with take over the current Imagawa clan in slot 6, the one with the teal colored flag beneath.

By this late period, Tokugawa rises and faces the Tiger of Kai, Takeda Shingen. History may not unfold that way. Not if I can help it.

Some of that is in progress.

Attached are maps showing the actual historical clans (han) over two time periods too.

Historically the Date limited Uesugi and Hojo expansion. In Jidaigeki 1.0, the Uesugi have an unnaturally strong position not based in fact. So in Jidaigeki 2.0, then this will change.

This also makes Kyushu held by the Shimazu/Otomo/ and minorly by another clan (Ryuzoji) to be quite a plum. That's why there was a naval invasion and faux-vassalage that ultimately is shrugged off.
https://wiki.samurai-archives.com/index.php?title=Shimazu_clan

Here's information about Toyotomi Hideyoshi 1586-1587 invasion of Kyushu.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyūshū_Campaign

Attachments

• 1572.jpg
    1572.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 1600.jpg
    1600.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 253
  • date.png
    date.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 165
  • UNITS.BMP
    301.1 KB · Views: 203
  • CITIES.BMP
    301.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Jidaigeki 2.0 will feature Red Seal ships and maybe a galleon and a caravel.

It also will have disaster events where disease, earthquakes, and tsunami may strike. Because they are treated as barbarian units, and armies are so powerful regarding defensive attributes, that may be a waste of time. I want them strong as "flavor" not ruinous although these disasters could very well be city-wide. They may be three wasted slots in effect. If they are authentic then they are truly rough on the garrisoned troops and treasury.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_seal_ships

Further versions as a prequel might be a Mongol invasion or a sequel as an Imjin War. Both require significant changes to free up unit slots, alter the tech tree, and dedicated artists to make maybe 12 kinds of units.

For fun, there may be a what if scenario where Portugese elect to have a crusade and make Japan a colony. There are some units that might work so whoever plays Portugual has no need of tech but starts with their own units but can't make more and must protect them and fill in with local troops.

Since most of the work is done, then really it's just configuring the units and events. It's all based on how well the mod is received plus interest.

Last edited:
The Jidaigeki mod simply would never exist without the Sengoku Jidai mod and Darth Veda. That is a remarkable mod and has a unique tech tree unlike any Civ 2 mod I have ever seen. Budo occurs when it empirically is battletested and thus inspires an ability to alter various kinds of samurai soldiers. Not only that, but the death of those soldiers then creates an impetus for change. That allows or unlocks the ability to progress.

Whoever created the units and lovingly depicted them must have spent an enormous amount of time trying to realistically portray their armor and weaponry.

Whoever created the map spent a tremendous amount of time creating a proportional map that had more than adequate resources so historical neighboring clans had sufficient space to create adequate cities, but then would have inevitable border conflicts.

The castles, fortresses, and citadels are wonderful emulated depictions from Shogun 1 Total War. They are in every way exceptional.

Now that is a game I spent countless hours playing and yet it actually was not that popular. No one had ever tried to have a turn based and RTS game at the same time and especially on a somewhat arcane subject.

In no way could I have replicated the Sengoku Jidai mod teams efforts. Not only do I lack the skill and many abilities and have no experience modding Civ 2, but I even lack a Microsoft based computer. This meant that at first just running the game through emulation was a big accomplishment. It was not designed to run on a Linux OS on an Android tablet some two decades plus later.

This meant almost no utilities exist because they mostly do not run under emulation. This meant that even doing any graphic design was out because while I had created all kinds of practical brochures and posters with layered output and effects in Photoshop, none of that mattered as the software requirements were far different in millions of colors and not forced into a pallette...plus one that had to be a specific kind of .gif.

Frankly I merely began playing Sengoku Jidai on Civ 2 MGE and wanted to see what a fully developed series of cities in all seven clans (han) would look like versus playing in turn one with very low level units. This often meant playing as each clan, one by one to establish basic infrastructure, terrain, units...and build an economy. Then turning the AI loose while playing as one clan. Depending on how many cities I made which often were 7-20 presets, that could take a week just for essentially a "turn zero".

Then I kept thinking of different things I wanted to try to see what other infrastructure seemed authentic as well as units.

It began to be an obsession to just try to create a basis for world building over months just so eventually I could just sit down and play out individual one on one battles,then orchestrated probes, then coordinated invasions and assaults. Then hopefully have a very aggressive but rational computer opponent who could challenge me and have to defend with both garrisoned forces, proper fortresses to repel, borderland fortress outposts and shinobi (scouts), and then hopefully unexpected challenges despite having set up the army units and cities of the computer opponents.

Last edited:
I had three mod goals.

Make an entire complex scenario so I would have both extreme challenges that were somewhat historical based on diverse unit composition and have FUN and not have to deal with minutia micromanagement. I wanted accurate armies in a game that had no armies. The army concept was introduced in Civ 3 and was quite limited by comparison. As great and enduring as Civ 2 is, it actually is a series of individual combats which is not historical at all.

Having done that, I wanted to make it available so anyone could likewise enjoy it. I figured if I wanted to start right away with massive battles, so did others. Most war gamers are not turtler builders. They often are veterans and historians themselves.

I wanted to depict Budo and Bushido which even today, long past WW2, are rare outside of major urban zones in America. Even then, few people actually take classes, then even fewer take it seriously.

Hopefully these goals are accomplished. And not in any way on my merits, but due to the altruistic work of decades of modders who unselfishly gave to the community due to their own diverse motivations.

We stand on the shoulders of giants...and ride their coattails. I know that is what I did as I looked at any mod studying the various components to learn how to mod and how to modify what already exists. I did not create from nothingness as they did. Their accomplishments are huge.

Budo and Bushido have a rich history. They began on the various lands of Japan as self-enforcing systems to perpetuate that aristorcracy/warrior ethos, but also maintain the domain in a practical way. This passed father to son and was largely secret save for specialized training to knights and men at arms (samurai of various levels) coupled with farmers' sons acting as supporting ashigaru in times of war. This system also existed on Okinawa who had pechin who were allied with their king and later subjugated by the Satsuma samurai.

Specialized knowledge spread to create ever increasing professional soldiers/administrators who had to know a little about everything besides multiple fighting systems and weaponry. Some peasants who trained as ashigaru were able to rise up into the samurai caste. Hideyoshi was a nobody who nearly became Shogun but his commoner birth prevented it. Later the class mobility was halted and let's face the facts that some samurai were so poor that they were farmers who sometimes were samurai.

After the immense rise in Budo and Bushido to a fevered pitch, then this crumbled due to self-imposed peace by the Tokugawas running a scam Shogunate to consolidate power that was unearned. That led to wistful sad sometimes bitter samurai who felt Budo and Bushido eluding their grasp. theybwere warriors without battles and without war.

Out of that came the dojos (schools) so young samurai could learn and be tested. With the transferal of fortunes and urbanization then various castes (farmers, artisans, and merchants) began also studying Budo and Bushido. Some began to intermarry ad that facilitated this transmission of knowledge.

As the samurai were banned during the later years, and foreign influence for Germany and France began influencing all of Japanese society, then an entirely new Budo training only began being inculcated to create an Imperial army. Bushido essentially was divorced from their training. They were warriors without morality. That looked outside the country and set the Japanese on a ruinous path. In the end, the main one who knew Budo and Bushido were the first to volunteer for multiple wars, often as officers, and most often died.

PostWW2, if not for American and Australian veterans who began studying in these dojo, then entire martial arts systems might have been utterly lost. A very exclusive system became increasing inclusive and diverse and world-wide. If not for that,then few would know about the samurai outside of a high school history lesson over a couple of days.

There would be no Jidaigeki television and movies and no computer games and certainly no Jidaigeki Civ 2 mod.

AI Tactics in Jidaigeki 1.0
The AI has more than adequate funding and rapidly gains technology (Budo and Bushido) but does NOT seem to trade it with other AI, but always requests tech from the human player in EVERY negotiation. Be careful as if you carelessly fatfinger a negotiation selection, then all your tech gains may be accidently granted to various AI han.

This means from 1448 to 1479, they can make any nonfirearm unit but cannot make Army class battalions or Imperial Army regiments.

The AI elects to recruit:
Ronin which are inexpensive and great garrison defenders.
Warrior monks as they are middling attack and defensive garrisons
Hundreds of naginata which are decent attackers and very good defenders. They will employ naginata as defenders for major terrain upgrade projects.

Hundred of cheap level 3 yari ashigaru to make terrain upgrades.

Some elite cavalry to pick off company level units.
Some elite cavalry archers to do the same.

Thousands of defender class battalions.
These defenders are extremely strong garrison troops where they may have 9 inside so extremely difficult to take. Then upon pressing need, send them to swarm enemy border cities and occupy...mostly as that causes hunger issues. They are trying to whittle down their enemies rather than fight as the odds are NOT favorable to take the city by force, but if their besieged enemies sally out, they similarly might lose.

When they have other offensive units, them employ them aggresively. Attacker class battalions dash around as wrecking balls on company class units.

The AI likes to send out streams of ninja units on suicidemissions as they can devastate company class units but have zero effect on battallions. Think of the ninja as squads with the highest attack values but abysmal defense. A rapid surprise attack is their main use. You might put them in a well garrisoned border fortress and harass the enemy. They are like "missles" though so then lost when they attack. They are rather like an African bee sting. Those are extremely painful but cause the bee's demise as the stinger use causes disembowelment.

The AI likes to build wako class vessels and then engage with lots of them in sea to sea attacks. They also like to accumulate them and act provocatively just like the USA and Russian navy today. Ships are different now as these are not cannon on cannon attacks but arrows and boarding sailors. This means defenders get the bonus so it takes tactics to attack in an orchestrated fashion. Do not stack units or you will lose them.

The AI is not intimidated by the atakebune vessel. I'm hoping several wako will attack one.

Last edited:
The AI will "stack" garrisons. Defender class battalions may share the same fortress but often another unit at company class willbe in there. This means they cannot be bribed. Be careful attacking even with your strongest units as attacking a garrisoned fortress on superior defensive terrain...is risky. Your own soldiers may die. They are tough to displace. Garrison your own fortresses or you WILL be occupied...undoubably.

I saw one naval invasion by the Mori as they both tried to invade the few Takeda cities who are their neighbors and simultaneously launch an invasion of tradionally held Chokusabe and Miyoshi territory that is held by the Takeda. It was repulsed and a joy to witness. The Mori might have taken a city or two but failed.

The AI is tenacious and pugnacious and will keep attacking with company class units in contested territory. Wars start this way. They will persist for 90 turns on the same contested tile. Then try defender class battalions to take over border fortresses only garrisoned with company class stacked units.

If you wisely choose your battles on open terrain, by carefully examining your enemy's terrain tile, then an attacker class battalion or better can either trounce a defender class battalion and only take 8 calculated hit points of damage, but it might get crippling injuries and nearly perish. Even a regiment army has to be careful when taking on two defender class battalions. They might take up so many movement points and with life threatening injuries that they risk being unable to get safely back to the city.

A unit's calculated hitpoints are times ten their unit editor value ie a regiment has 12 HP so a range of injuries from 0-120.

This makes historical sense. You want massive orchestrated attacks on open terrain when the enemy blundered and left themselves in a grasslands or plains instead of more safely within a forest or a mountain and even better in a fortress.

Think about Julius Caesar and his former mentor and rival Pompey Magnus. Both got in trouble manuevering and meanwhile redeploying soldiers to join up forces to strengthen their armies. If you get caught in open terrain, with the wrong kinds of units, then even if these were spectacular defender battalions in a city (seemingly invinceable), are overcome by attacker class or better battalions.

You want to avoid taking on siege warfare as it costs twice as many invaders and maybe thrice as many versus open field battles and manuevering. You deny the enemy's ablity to manuever and control yours. That is how to win.

Use your company class units (in groups of a hundred samurai) to lock up their movement rates so they waste their attack on those companies. Then send in your attacker class or better battalions on a softened up defender class battalion.

Last edited:
Here's an example of the overhaul of a ToT samurai mod from France and so the people.gif actually look like authentic samurai from that period plus the specialists who are geisha, taxmen, and sensei. It's outstanding work based on a remarkable original. Knight Time made many alterations so it works in MGE.

To me it makes the Jidageki mod 1.0 mod extremely immersive.

I've been working around the clock and was exhausted when I stumbled upon it. Now I want to ensure the French mod team get credited for it. When you start looking at practically every mod to see what might be edited and utilized, the mods start blurring. There are some tiny Civ 2 mod sites that were made who knows how many years ago.

Attachments

• people.gif
    people.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 240
https://www.essexminiatures.co.uk/products/kra8-late-16th-c-korean-medium-infantry-with-halberds
Since there are many tabletop wargamers who create dioramas and play battles with painted minatures, it's possible if there was an artist who could import these into a paint program with the Civ 2 pallette and then export that to a gif. Then many different versions of Jidaigeki could feature periods of war.

There are quite a few sites with the Mongols, Ming, Joseon, and of course the samurai.

And then at some point, maybe an artist would convert an image with the correct Civ 2 pallette into the cities.gif and then instead of a generic fortress, something like this would be the icon.

There are lots of similar images and so with the existing Japanese cities file and coupled with authentic fortresses, then the aesthetics would be stunning.

Attachments

• kra8_large.jpg
    kra8_large.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 344
  • kra4_large.jpg
    kra4_large.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 1772868c7d11443d738573a1208f42e0.jpg
    1772868c7d11443d738573a1208f42e0.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
For Jidaigeki 2.0, a cool weapon for the Date samurai might be the kanabo. That weapon is a studded sometimes spiked war club. Imagine taking a wallop to the helm or body with that.

Attachments

• b1fc49080d987eb183253887976d00341340588091_full.jpg
    b1fc49080d987eb183253887976d00341340588091_full.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 560
To have some sense of the scale to the map, Shikoku is the smallest of the major land masses and is 50 kilometers at its most narrow point. That is 5.6 square kilometers or 3.5 miles per tile. So very plausible movement rates occur over the course of four months and striking the camp, getting under way, making camp, and doing this all over again to traverse the terrain.

The movement rate for ships is off but manageable considering quartermastering for the transport of armies and having to actually make landfall many times.

Each city that has an idealized "grid" of 21 including the center tile, then in the center line has five, thus to the left are 11.2 kilometers and the same to the right, so five are 28 kilometers or 17.5 miles. Rarely does a player have such a sense of their surroundings.

An imperial army class regiment can traverse on roads from the full length of Kyushu and back again in four months. That is entirely logical. Not many mods have that sort of exactness where travel makes perfect sense. They can get bogged down due to combat and due to severe injuries (major losses to their calculated HP), then vastly reduces their movement rate. If crossing wilderness, then of course this is smaller.

Last edited:
A low end Android tablet runs many unnecessary programs, so most users run special memory boosters to free up memory when running a game. Emulation software and Civ 2 running then uses up about 60% of memory, meaning you can browse or stream music from Spotify while playing and switching back and forth. It's pretty stable. Many of you could play Civ 2 mods and Jidaigeki on your tablets and Ipads.

By 1482, the city/citadels are mostly comprised of aristocracy with few middle class and rare civil unrest during government switches. There really is no need to having any government other than initial Feudalism, then Fundamentalism, then maybe Shogunate which is communism. The Uesugi are using the Shogunate,but every other han is using Fundamentalism. This seems historically accurate.

Fundamentalism is often configured with a false paradigm that it severely and adversely affects scientific research. That is nonsense. That's revisionist thinking and certainly inappropriate to foist on historical mods. The vast scientific surges in history were largely under fundamentalist thought with some secretly nonbelievers but often they were odds with the established order with their own designs on revolution. Such things cancel out advancement for game mechanics. A democracy or republic during the Sengoku period is absurd.

Consider the fact that these seven tribes are in effect all dopplegangers of each other. There is nothing more challenging as they are evenly matched save for start location. That is playing out in the casualty rate. While the Hojo and Uesugi have very low casualty rates, and the Takeda do as well since on Shikoku, then the Mori and the Oda and the Imagawa have the tough spots. Then too they not only are embattled by the rest, but battle each other. You have to be a very strong player for this mod, and especially a strong player to be the Oda. This is why Oda Nobunaga is such a remarkable figure in history. It's a careful balance of diplomacy, scientific research into Budo and Bushido and cunning to play the Oda han.

I like how the attacker class battalion is performing. It works but is not overpowered.

The AI are using some mixed composition of company class units plus Defender class battalions, but not Attacker class battalions like I want them too. Yet if they did the latter, the close to stalemate situation would be resolved. Human players by 1482 would have begun consolidating power and taken nibbles off enemies on their borderlands.

One of the many game design flaws of Civ 2 (1996) was the designers severely limited total land mass and thus cities at 254. This means they put in a design limit of 21 (within cities) which in effect citizens are able to generate food, trade, shields. This means any excess become specialists but limited to 3.

Yet as modded, there is so much income that there are not economic issues leading to civil unrest peasant uprisings. Such things happen far later all over the world.

So as a pressure release valve, the yari ashigaru level 3 and the musketeers level 3 are engineer units. The yari ashigaru is a decent defense unit, and the musketeer is a fairly good defender given the time period. They are citizen soldiers equipped with better technology. This means as they are made, they subtract from these urban areas population that are in excess of 30-50 in size. Otherwise they would just be entertainers, taxmen, or scientists. If configured as scientists (sensei) after 1542, then you have a slight edge on gaining firearm tech a little bit faster. This means real army battalions and eventually Imperial army regiments slightly faster plus cannon atakebune, cannon, etc..That creates a window of opportunity to start wresting cities from other han.

The AI is not smart about taking excess population and making them sensei. You need to be as human players either as a single player or in multiplayer games.

That is what happened to Shingen Takeda, the Tiger of Kai. He foolishly allowed overconfident elite cavalry to charge firearm units.

Now among, the Date, the daimyo Date Masamune embraced firearms. He's called the One Eyed Dragon of Otsu. Both are larger than life figures during this period. You have many legendary figures appear during this time period.

Last edited:
This One Eyed Dragon of Otsu among the Date han creates enormous headaches for the Uesugi and the Hojo in Jidaigeki 2.0. It's no longer easier to be the Uesugi and the Hojo have reason to fear them.

Shingen Takeda, the Tiger of Kai has a very tough position in Jidaigeki 1.0 and 2.0. He is luckily the sole daimyo on Shikoku meaning he has a fall back position, but meanwhile he has a few cities facing 20 Mori city/citadels (and the Mori race to take 16 more and develop them). This means whoever plays Shingen has to decide what to do as they can try to start cities there in Mori contested territory, or firm up his fall back position on Shikoku.

Meanwhile Shingen is hemmed in by the Imagawa, the Oda, the Uesugi, and the Hojo. That is a terrible position. They all want Kai. In Jidaigeki 1.0, he gets the first massive invasion in testing which is logical and understandable.

Historically he was very forward thinking in terms of policies which then Tokugawa adopted following Shingen's death, some might say shamelessly as he never acknowledged Shingen. He then becomes a legendary figure as both a true samurai, a warlord, and due to his intellect.

Shikoku can become unassailable as its own land mass just as Kyushu can. If you fortify all around it and garrison it, and then develop a good navy, it would be difficult to invade. Allying with the Shimazu would be helpful as they will grow to hate the Imagawa and the Mori. This means they act to help Takeda's interest...until far later in the mod. Of course the natural progression for Shimazu is moving armies there to Shikoku but that would be a terrible betrayal.

Undoubtably the Shimazu will greatly desire to control Kyushu meaning Imagawa cannot fully resupply them as their forces are split and at least 1.4 years away by ship...if they have the ships! This means those Imagawa territories are very vulnerable. That means Takeda might try to take the remaining Imagawa territories but doing so too early means they have used a LOT of their battalions in castle sieges which is foolish (it causes massive casualties). Then Oda, Uesugi, and the Hojo will attack Takeda lands. Takeda's forces are horribly split up meaning they MUST build powerful vessels just to survive and redeploy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom