JJ03-Monarch, Just Win

I think that I was skipped in the order, but nevermind. I'm currently *up* in 3 other SGs, so I may not get to this tonight. I'll probably want to give our next moves a little more thought.

@Krockel: If you want to play tonight, that would be fine with me.

I had a look at the save and really think we need to hit Saladin and Huayna, they are both in really good shape for space victory. We need to hit their production and maintain our own. We have highest production rate then them and that is the best thing ATM. Berlin is a true production power house, which can buils a lot of troops or a lot of space parts. I don't thinks it's within 30 degrees of the equator though. So we have to produce that space bosting thing, i have totaly forgotten its name :crazyeye:, somewhere else.

Should we go for nukes? I have never used them so I don't no how effective they are. Saladin doesn't have uranium, HC does though.

Concerning space race they both have aluminium, but both are in boarder clash regions.

I will play after I had some comments.

PS. Sorry for the big pictures, I will crop them next time.... .DS
Saladins Al is located E of Basra. So we need to pump culture their to get a grip of it. Razing or capturing Damascus would be a nice option to.
I believe that Medina is one of his better production cities, so that would be a nice city to take from him. Damascus seams to be high on commerce, bu deniying him Al are most import according to me.

Huaynas Al is located between Coventry and Hittie. On our map Lizzy have posesion of it, but according to our trade screen HC have it and she don't. This implies a hard battle for it. Can we help lizzie in getting some culture there? Maybe sending some missionaries to get more culture and give her opertunity to build temples.

Regarding research I think we need to go target Robotics next. To get boost to production of space parts.

Saladin can't build Nukes??!?? :evil: :lol:

Let's hope that he hasn't built SDI yet!

Ten war builder turns done. Main focus on panzers and jails. We have 19 panzers and 10 artilleries, most of them is located in Basra. So next person could push try get Damascus from Saladin, and thereby denying him aluminium.

Researchwise we know now Fission and thereafter I ran 0 % research for some funds and we are back at 100 % and 5 turns away from Radio. My whought with that was to get Computers and Laboratories next.

Save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/JJ03_AD-1855.Civ4SavedGame

I got the save. I'll try to play tonight. I've got to prepare a presentation for tomorrow, though, too, so I might have to postpone until Wed. night, but I'll do my best to try to play tonight.

Guys:

I meant to play last night, but between real-life work and a flurry of energy on behalf of the rump of madviking players determined to finish the SGOTM1 before the deadline, I couldn't do it. I do apologize.

Since I am late, the next person (jeejeep) should feel free to play. If no one picks it up, I definitely will play tonight.

I figured that we probably didn't have enough forces yet to go to war. Near the end of my turns, I realized that we had build Scotland Yard in Munich so we could build Spies! I build one and managed to get some intelligence regarding Saladin's forces.

Here's my turn summary:

Preturn check (1855 AD)
I think that we need some better defenders in Edo (or at least some nearby Artillery) and a more powerful Navy before launching another war with Saladin.
We only have one Battleship and one Destroyer!

Upgraded one of our Frigates to a Destroyer.

I think a few more build up turns are required. I'd rather show up to the party with too many forces than too few.

Turn 1: (1856 AD)
Dortmund completes Panzer --> Marine (11)

Turn 2: (1857 AD)
Berlin completes Artillery --> Marine (1) Nice!
Munich completes Jail --> Artillery (3)
Frankfurt completes Jail --> Hindu Temple (9)

Turn 3: (1858 AD)
Berlin completes Marine --> Artillery(2)
Hongzhou completes Library --> Jail (7)
Libyan completes Panzer --> Aqueduct (3)

Turn 4: (1859 AD)
Hamburg completes Factory --> Grocer(6)

Turn 5: (1860 AD)
Technology discovered: Radio --> Rocketry (6)
Berlin completes Artillery --> Marine (2)
Munich completes Artillery --> Panzer (2)

Turn 6: (1861 AD)
Libyan completes Aqueduct --> Panzer (5)
Osaka completes Jail --> Barracks (5)
Basra completes Library --> University (20)
Switch build in Hamburg from a Grocer to a Submarine (6) I want to see what is in Najran to get an estimate on the size of Saladin's Transport/Invasion potential.

Turn 7: (1862 AD)
Berlin completes Marine --> Panzer (1)
Munich completes Panzer --> Spy (1) Damn! When did we build Scotland Yard?!? :smoke: That's what I get for taking so long to play my turns!

Turn 8: (1863 AD)
Berlin completes Panzer --> Infantry (2)
Munich completes Spy --> Spy (2)
Kyoto completes Jail --> Colloseum (3)
Edo completes Artillery --> Panzer (11)

Turn 9: (1864 AD)
Hongzhou completes Jail --> Panzer (8)
Trade Qin: Musicals for 13 GP/turn
Jeanne de Arc (Great Prophet) born in Berlin

Turn 10: (1865 AD)
Saladin completes Hollywood and comes with an offer:

HAH! Soon we will be screening them in the ruins of your former palace!

Berlin completes Infantry --> Panzer (2)
Frankfurt completes Hindu Temple --> Battleship (20)

Here's what our Spy learned regarding the disposition of Saladin's forces:

And in Mecca:

In Basra, we currently have:
19 Panzers
12 Artillery
2 Marines
3 Infantry
1 Machine Gun
1 Cavalry

We also have a few Panzers and Artillery held in reserve in Edo, Osaka and Kyoto (only 3-4 total). Once we get Rocketry (in 2 turns), we should build some SAM Infantry and more Marines/Infantry to accompany our invasion forces. I still think we need a few more of these units before we declare. Saladin has some Artillery that will inflict 100% collateral damage when they attack, so we need to break our invasion force up into small stacks to minimize their effect. We also might want to drop some Marines off on a forested hill near Najran for an attempt at a diversion.

We still haven't seen what Saladin has in Baghdad. I already use our Battleship to check out Kuffah and Khurasan, and they were garrisoned with only 5-6 units each at most. In addition to the ships Saladin has in Najran, he has at least two Battleships near Kufah.

Berlin can crank out a Panzer or Marine every 2 turns, now, and Munich can do the same in 3-4. Alternatively, if we want Nukes, Berlin can build the Manhattan Project in 12-13 turns. Launch nukes, however, might really piss of Qin and Huayna.

I leave it to jeejeep to decide when to pull the trigger.

And by the way, Huayna has built a few SS casings now too. :sad:

Here's the save:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/JJ03_AD-1865.Civ4SavedGame

GOOD LUCK!!

Roster, roster, who's got the roster...

As near as I can figure, this is it:

jeejeep - *UP*
ngraner42
Krockel
Lobsterboy - just played

dutchfire - OOP until 14.8

So if ngraner42 or Krockel want to pick it up, go ahead.

We are in deep trouble. While preparing for the war on Saladin, Qin declares war :mad: . Furious fighting results in deep losses on both sides.

JJ03 Qin attacks.JPG
JJ03 Power.JPG

Saladin's culture sweeps over Basra, creating a starvation problem :eek:.

JJ03 Basra.JPG

What are we to do... Nuke War! Manhattan project in 2.

T0. Switched Berlin to the Manhattan Project. Traded Clam to Saladin for Hit Movies.
T1. Rocketry > Computers. Lowered the research rate to collect some cash for sabotage.
T2. Mt Rushmore completed.
T3. Saladin demands 370gp. I give it to him to keep peace for a little longer.
T4. I finish a tour of Saladin's land. I don't see any spaceship parts under construction.
T5. Qin declares war on us. I take out the first wave with the loss of 3 artillery and 1 tank. We loose another tank in a skirmish near Stuttgart.
T6. Stuttgart is hit hard we hold the city with one remaining Artillery. Half our tank force is destroyed in the city. I counter attack and destroy most of the attackers. Saladin's culture sweeps over Basra. How does that happen? A naval invasion lands in the homeland. I try to wipe out the invaders, but have poor luck with the dice.
T7. I eliminate the remainder of Qin's invasion force.
T8-10. More fighting at Stuttgart, no losses for us.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/JJ03_AD-1875.Civ4SavedGame

Turn 0
Computers in 8 turn at 50 % science, 20 % culture and +50 gold a turn.
Qin has battle cruiser north of Cologne we going to loose something next turn, probably transport with troops. :( I move our fleet outside Edu towards our homeland, 2-3 turns journey though.

Turn 1
As predicted; we loose a transport with infantry. Qin's BC is badly wounded and gets killed off by a destroyer.
Essen: Grocer -> Coliseums

Turn 2
Saladin completes UN.
Since we have little troops in our homeland I decide to take home some tanks for mobile defence if Qin land some troops on our main continent. The fact that I spotted a Chinese fleet at Huaynas harbour city close to our continent implies that he's got some evil plan going on.
Berlin: Manhattan Project -> ICBM :nuke:
Hamburg: Panzer -> Bomb Shelter

Turn 3
Guess what?! Qin lands 8 troops NE of Libyan. The whole stack gets killed off, 2 panzers is lost though.
Munich: Panzer -> ICBM :nuke:

Turn 4
UN election for secretary general is performed. I vote for JJ03.....
Sink one of Qins destroyer with BC.
Libyan: Artillery -> Bomb Shelter (3)

Turn 5
We're secretary general for the UN. 341 votes for us, 305 needed.
Kill off a attacking destroyer and our BC get badly wounded.
Spy sabotage Qins Uranium.

Turn 6
Destroyer and submarine gets killed by BC and destroyer respectively.
Hamburg: Bomb Shelter -> Drydock. We really need more ships, so another Drydock will help and the city has no health problem. Be sure to make ships in Drydock cities only, Cologne and Hamburg that is.
Stuttgart: Granary -> Library (27)
Basra: University -> Hermitage (30) The city needs culture badly.

Turn 7
Computers come in. I trade it to Lizzy for flight and some gold. Maybe a :smoke: move but that was all we could get for it.
Plastics for next research. It will take 15 turns, so next person can change research if he thinks something else will give us more right now.
Beijing gets nuked! :nuke: Aluminium and gold gets destroyed, plus wounded troops. I don't get any info of destroyed buildings, kind of disappointing.
Berlin: ICMB -> Laboratory (3)
Cologne: BC -> Bomb Shelter (4)
Libiyan: Bomb Shelter -> Colosseum (4)
Satsuma: Infantry -> Bomb Shelter (8)

Turn 8
I get the option to chose UN resolution. Single Currency seams quite nice, we have the most cities so it will give us more then our oponents.
A bad year for our fleet, loose BC and destroyer. Kill a Qin BC though.

Turn 9
Nuke Xian :nuke: and move in some troops to be able to take it in a couple of turns.
Munich: ICMB -> Bomb Shelter (2)

Turn 10
Berlin: Laboratory -> Bomb Shelter (1)
Saladin completes SDI. :(

Afterthoughts
We should be able to raise Xian, after that we could try to get a tech from Qin for peace. Saladin has completed all Chassis and Thrusters so we need to do something about that.

I believe it's time to build Apollo Program in Berlin, while we build some nukes and make a move for Saladins top production cities.

Save
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/JJ03_AD-1885.Civ4SavedGame

Top Bottom