1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JJ03-Monarch, Just Win

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by jeejeep, May 29, 2006.

1. Krockel

Krockel Warlord

Hi Team JJ03!

I will go on vacation and need to be skipped until 4/9. It is possible that I’ll be back in action a day or two prior to that, but to be on the safe side I say until 4/9.

Dutchfire should be back soon, so I think you’ll do fine without me.

GL with this game! :nuke: them back to the stone age!

Regards
    Krockel

2. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Sorry to see you go, we should be finished by the time you get back.

Since Lobsterboy has been playing a lot I think I should pick it up now, or maybe Dutchfire if he is back. I'll play tonight if Dutchfire isn't back.

3. Lobsterboy

Lobsterboy Immature crustacean

Nuclear War!!! :eek: Cool! I've never played a game which required it. That should teach that fat, Chinese bastard to respect us! Nice job Krockel!

Since Saladin has SDI, we'll need a nutload of Nukes to hope to have a chance of breaking through.

4. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity Retired Moderator

I'm back, but I'd like Jeejeep to play because I don't have much time tonight, and I don't know what's our position at the moment, and our goals and all.

5. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Sorry, not much time for a good long report. Razed Xian and got peace with Qin for all his gold and gpt (he wouldn't give up plastics). Forces withdrew and healed. Building Apollo program in Berlin and preparing for war with Saladin.

There is an ICBM sleeping in munich, but I may have found a better route. I proposed a diplomatic victory and discovered that if we took most of Saladin's land before Huayna launches the spaceship, while keeping Elizabeth's vote, we could win by diplo. I recommend this route as spy intelligence has told me that Saladin's cities are lightly defended, with one or two infantry and one or two SAM's even in the border cities. His inner cities also have planes. We can either start the war immediatly and try to roll over him quickly, or wait until robotics and upgrade our Panzers to Mech infantry.

Other spy stuff: Huayna is building spaceship parts in Corihuayrachina and his northernmost city on Qin's border (can't remember the name), so those would be the ones to nuke. Cuzco, his capital, has horrible production and won't be building SS parts any time soon. Unfourtunately, Huayna has also built SDI.

The Save

6. dutchfire

Sorry guys, but it appears that my :badcomp: can't handle this map anymore.
    I'll be lurking though. Keep up the good work and we might even win this one!

7. Lobsterboy

Where did all of his units go???

8. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

I don't know. I think they might be in the cities I didn't scout. However, there were only two of those and they weren't very important (his northernmost ones. I'm not sure why he would put them there. Maybe he is preparing for war with Huayna.

9. dutchfire

Really, I thought I saw quite a lot of units while very slowly loading the game.

10. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Well, why don't you guys open the save and look then?

11. Lobsterboy

It looks like we are down to just 3!

Since ngraner played after me, I guess that means I'm up, so the roster is:

Lobsterboy *UP*
    ngraner42
    jeejeep

Krockel - OOP until 4/9
    dutchfire lurking

I will try to play/post tonight, but I can't guarantee anything. I have to go out of town tomorrow on business, and won't be back until Saturday. If I haven't posted by 9:00AM (GMT -5) tomorrow, ngraner should assume that I didn't play and pick it up.

12. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

In theory, Lobsterboy should be a skip, but since we have so few players I am hesitant. If ngraner wants to pick it up and play go ahead, but take your time, as I am going to be away this weekend (Friday night, Saturday, Sunday morning).

13. ngraner42

ngraner42 Ultrarunner

I will go ahead and play Saturday, either way.

I just finished GOTM9 and I am in GOTM withdrawal. It will be better when we have GOTM and WOTM.

14. ngraner42

ngraner42 Ultrarunner

Furious fighting against Saladin results in the capture of Damascus, but casualties were high.

Capac pushes on making SS parts and captures our spy. I have another one on the way. We have 3 nukes ready and several more coming on line.

I had been running 0 research most of the turn for sabotage, upgrades and rush building, but turned it back on to get Mech Infantry.

The diplomatic victory seems very possible if we can turn the corner on Saladin before Capac launches. I am not sure if we should nuke Saladin's distant cities to break him, or Capac to slow down SS production.

The military situation in Saladin's southern regions:

JJ03 - 1903.JPG

The diplomatic victory situation:

JJ03 1904.JPG

T1. Capac demands 380gp from us. After some deliberation I accept to avoid another immediate war. Elizabeth completes the Apollo Program. I sign open borders with Saladin to get troops to Basra.
    T2-3. Global Warming occurs near Hamburg. Saladin captures Delhi from Qin. We declare war on Saladin. We sabotage an Aluminum mine in Capac's territory. Trade Pigs to Qin for 5gpt. We nuke Mecca.
    T4. We complete Apollo Program. Saladin counter attacks hard causing many casualties.
    T5. We sabotage SS engine production in Machu Picchu.
    T6. We get a Great Scientist, which is used to start a Golden Age. Sabotaged Capac's coal.
    T7. Losses are heavy but we capture Damascus. Sabotage Capac's Oil.
    T8. Capac completes SS Cockpit. Our spy was caught trying to Sabotage Oil.
    T9-10. Some back and forth fighting at Damascus. Sunk several of Saladin's Battleships.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/JJ03_AD-1905.Civ4SavedGame

15. dutchfire

Nuking will lead to diplomatic penalties, right?

16. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Yes, and since Elizabeth is just on the edge of not voting for us, I would say don't nuke anyone. They both have SDI, so even if we launched all our nukes only one would be likely to get through.

Got it, will wait for feedback/advice before playing.

17. Lobsterboy

Hi guys. I'm back. At least for a few days.

If we're going for back-door diplomacy, we should eschew our Space Program and put our resources into military production.

18. ngraner42

ngraner42 Ultrarunner

I did launch a nuke on Saladin. It did not give us any diplomatic penalty with Elizabeth, but I don't have enough experience to say that it is a sure thing.

I agree that the Space Program is an unlikely win for us at this point. I let the Apollo Project complete because it was almost done.

19. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Well, I played three useless turns, and stopped there, as Saladin has reached mech infantry and I really have no idea what to do. We have no chance with the units we have now. Saladin will give us peace for Damascus or all of our gold. Robotics comes in in three turns, and we could build mech infantry. Unfortunately, by the time we have built up enough to hurt Saladin, Huayna will surely have finished the spaceship (he only has three parts to go). I give him about 30 turns until he finishes (quite an early launch for Monarch). Maybe we should attack Huayna with the Mech Inf?

Really, I think this game is lost, but if we want to play it through I suppose I will stick with it.