Jotnar Strategies?

there is a food bonus for tundra and ice.
tundra deer next to river is HUGE for the jotnar :D

wild trolls at 2 speed seems ok. maybe keep 3 for other of the troll line ?

Well those spiders -do- have Giant in their name, also I can confirm that Jotnar get +1 food on tundra.

Also, I have to disagree Calavente- the troll line as it is just gets expotentially more powerful as it goes along. Keeping them at speed 2 should curb this already OP civ just a litte.

:D I haven't played yet with more powerful units.. It's my first game with the jotnar...
and I only have wild trolls... with 3 movement !
at first it was two and now three. (they only had 3mvt with feral....and now 3 even without feral or woodkin)

I trust you completly for the next units in the troll line... I don't know them yet :D

do anyone know how to build sea farm on ocean, btw I tryit with reavers dont work, please solution;:cry:
and with stormkin my units dont fly somebody mention it in thread

do anyone know how to build sea farm on ocean, btw I tryit with reavers dont work, please solution;:cry:
and with stormkin my units dont fly somebody mention it in thread

You need to research optics.

ok.. nice nerf
works for me.. :D

It's not the movement that causes issues from trolls, but the strength of captured units, esp spiders. I currently have a force of 2 sword spider swarms + 5 reg spider swarms that eat everything in thier path.

Haven't tried Acheron yet, but w/ courage I don't think he'll last long.

Just attacked Acheron outside of his city and lost 2 units before he was killed.

It's not the movement that causes issues from trolls, but the strength of captured units, esp spiders. I currently have a force of 2 sword spider swarms + 5 reg spider swarms that eat everything in thier path.

Haven't tried Acheron yet, but w/ courage I don't think he'll last long.

This will NOT be a problem in the next patch. :mischief:

To be honest I feel that the Jotnar were more fun to play when they were restricted to only city ring, forcing me to have many steadings rather than five giant ones (which just makes me feel as if I am playing a super version of the Kuriotates).

Something of that feeling should come back eventually, though not under the Jotnar...

For one thing, I've been tossing around an idea for combing the Orbis Kuriotates system with RifE's.

Basically, they'd have three 'city' types.
  1. Sprawling cities. Same thing as now.
  2. Settlements. These will be as in Orbis; One radius cities, able to build standard buildings and units. No Heroes or Wonders.
  3. Citadels. These are not technically cities, and will be your main method of expansion; You will have limited numbers of settlers, and after your cities are maxed you will be unable to build more. In compensation, Kurio fort commanders can found Settlements on their forts once they are the correct level.

A little like the Jotnar with the last part, but I think it's a good enough mechanic that we can duplicate it. And it will really help the Kurios. ;)

Something of that feeling should come back eventually, though not under the Jotnar...

For one thing, I've been tossing around an idea for combing the Orbis Kuriotates system with RifE's.

Basically, they'd have three 'city' types.
  1. Sprawling cities. Same thing as now.
  2. Settlements. These will be as in Orbis; One radius cities, able to build standard buildings and units. No Heroes or Wonders.
  3. Citadels. These are not technically cities, and will be your main method of expansion; You will have limited numbers of settlers, and after your cities are maxed you will be unable to build more. In compensation, Kurio fort commanders can found Settlements on their forts once they are the correct level.

A little like the Jotnar with the last part, but I think it's a good enough mechanic that we can duplicate it. And it will really help the Kurios. ;)

I think this would do much to un-gimp the Kurios. I just played a test game with them as an AI...sad. Terribly sad. Like a puppy with no legs.

I think this would do much to un-gimp the Kurios. I just played a test game with them as an AI...sad. Terribly sad. Like a puppy with no legs.

Odd. I haven't had much experience with them, but they seemed pretty impressively strong when I got into a war with them as the frozen.

o.O Did you just use the words "Strong" and "Frozen" in the same sentence, but NOT referring to the Frozen?! You, good sir, are crazy. As the Frozen, nobody should be giving you any problems. Throw in some cannon fodder, get the wintering on all the defenders, kill them now that they're debuffed, add them to your city, replace your cannon fodder, repeat, profit. :D

This may be a bit late, but is there any reason why the various Giants get 4 models per unit rather than just one? I kind of liked the old version, where it really felt like you just had one really big guy wading in and killing everything, while in this version a unit of Fyrd has more guys than a unit of axemen, which seems sort of counter-intuitive. Was there a reason for this that I just missed? And is it possible to change it on my version?

Top Bottom