[GS] June 2019 Patch Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on a second and I’ll tell you.

... so, will you spend 3 hours reading the notes or just power into a game so you can feel the new toys?

Is it a bad sign i'm more interested in patch notes than actually playing the game?

Gotta get my strategy theorizing on

As a dev, I too derive an unusual pleasure in reading a good set of documentation (patch notes)

No. My favourite part is reading the undocumented changes thread.

I'm much more interested in reading the patch notes, then reading the feedback threads, then waiting for the hotfixes. Honestly I haven't even started the game since March 2nd. The utter destruction of coastal civ play on small and crowded maps was just too much for me.

I'll be waiting for @Victoria to give me the all-clear that coastal civs are at least somewhat viable before I even consider starting the game again. It's just not worth it to me. When global "coasts sink beneath the ocean for no apparent reason" was removed from the scalable slider the game lost any interest to me.

Last night I got tired of holding off starting a new game in case the patch arrived in the middle of it. It occurred to me that if I DID start a new game, that would almost certainly result in the patch arriving at once. Seems it worked!

the game lost any interest to me.
Yup, I still like the mechanics but even this side is waning with not playing.
If it still takes me 80+ turns (100’s of game years) to recover from a hurricane there will no longer be responses. As you said, at least the option to turn off the ability to get my flood plains off 1 food 1 production so that I do not sink... but that’s pretty naff in itself.

Last night I got tired of holding off starting a new game in case the patch arrived in the middle of it. It occurred to me that if I DID start a new game, that would almost certainly result in the patch arriving at once. Seems it worked!
In that case, thank you, thank very much :)

My Newegg packages will start showing up today.
I thought I might get the build finished before the new patch.
Oh well, guess I'll get to start a game in a few hours with this PC, then I'll be able to make some more accurate benchmark comparisons the end of the week or this weekend.

My Newegg packages will start showing up today.
I thought I might get the build finished before the new patch.
Oh well, guess I'll get to start a game in a few hours with this PC, then I'll be able to make some more accurate benchmark comparisons the end of the week or this weekend.
what parts did you get?

Hold on a second and I’ll tell you.

... so, will you spend 3 hours reading the notes or just power into a game so you can feel the new toys?

It'll drop when I still at my job, specifically when I'm not actually doing any work, so I can read it, then read everyone praising it, then someone finding that one nasty new bug (you know there will be one), then everyone complaining that the game is now unplayable, then I'll go home and wait for the hotfix.

I might be a pessimist, idk.

Yes, that's when the Antarctica Late Summer Patch arrived so that's 19:00 British Summer Time/CET, 14:00 US Eastern Time and 11:00 US Pacific Time. 06:00 on Wednesday for New Zealanders! Unless they change the time...

Yes, this is typical timing for patch drops. It can vary, and with the base game there were evening patches, but this is the most likely time.

then someone finding that one nasty new bug (you know there will be one),

No jinxing, please :nono:
Patches with the word "summer" in the name have been very unfortunate in this regard, so my theory is, by going with the name of a month instead they're trying to break the summer curse. It will be all right this time.
*soft knocking on wood*

what parts did you get?

From >> To
MSI Z87-G55 >> MSI MPG z390 GE AC
i5 4670K >> i7 8700
24GB DDR3 >> 32 GB DDR4
GTX 970 >> RTX 2060

plus an updated power supply (corsair RM750x), some new case fans and 2 M.2 1TB (each) solid state drives (for PCI-e)

From >> To
MSI Z87-G55 >> MSI MPG z390 GE AC
i5 4670K >> i7 8700
24GB DDR3 >> 32 GB DDR4
GTX 970 >> RTX 2060

plus an updated power supply (corsair RM750x), some new case fans and 2 M.2 1TB (each) solid state drives (for PCI-e)
Ha, I misread that as "unlimited power supply" and decided that that was a pretty impressive piece of kit

I am going out for dinner so Infixo has time to update his mods before starting a new game later this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom