[GS] June 2019 Patch Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not the proper place to ask, but are these released for Mac at the same time?
The tweet says "for all players"

The patch, once announced and named, cannot be renamed. Coding reasons and such:coffee:
A considerably simpler workaround would be to rename months, as, I am sure, we have precedents. In this case swapping the names June and July will be a very elegant and correct solution, because Julius, a man, must shield a woman, Juno, against the spring storms - she would certainly appreciate some protection, and also, Juno, I am sure once again, is much hotter that Julius anyway, being a goddess and all that.
:D
My guess is, Julius is trying to "shield" Juno from Augustus, whom she has been eying a bit too much for Julius' liking, being that Augustus is even hotter than Julius.

Finally! :) can't wait to get myself into another game I've been waiting for this patch. Thanks to firaxis and kudos for the very much improved communication. That''s really appreciated!

I would argue the exact opposite. Higher production means greater access to higher end science buildings earlier (production costs essentially being scaled downward) meaning that the science cost increase has been effectively offset by the production boost.

No single system exists in a vacuum in a Civ game, which is where civ-balance often fails (see why many of us scream and howl about why coastal/naval civs are too weak). The entire game exists in one multi-polar axis and putting your finger on any single point changes the balance of every single other point of the axis.

Especially if you are aiming for science I would argue that you will likely be finished building science related stuff anyways and would have your hands free for building other stuff. Same for culture as well... T3 buildings open later than the raise kicks in (later than midgame at least) and it has been argued at length that they were not really feasible to build prepatch. Multi-polar axis, right. So I am much more optimistic than you are. But we will see of course. ;)

My guess is, Julius is trying to "shield" Juno from Augustus, whom she has been eying a bit too much for Julius' liking, being that Augustus is even hotter than Julius.
Fair enough! :lol:
Well, after all and in light of recent developments it seems that no name changes and divine maneuvering will be needed.
The question now is how the heck do I finish my current game that I foolishly started only yesterday? I'm not that fast a player...

Finally! :) can't wait to get myself into another game I've been waiting for this patch. Thanks to firaxis and kudos for the very much improved communication. That''s really appreciated!

Especially if you are aiming for science I would argue that you will likely be finished building science related stuff anyways and would have your hands free for building other stuff. Same for culture as well... T3 buildings open later than the raise kicks in (later than midgame at least) and it has been argued at length that they were not really feasible to build prepatch. Multi-polar axis, right. So I am much more optimistic than you are. But we will see of course. ;)

Not the "late" game buildings so much as the earlier and mid-game science buildings. Remember that they'll be produced MUCH earlier and with different knock-on effects of the higher production (does higher production lead to producing other buildings that lead to other GPP and extra GP with extra Eurekas?, etc) which means that higher production WILL impact the science curve in ways that I am 100% willing to bet aren't being accounted for in a simple "tech cost graph"

Costs were reduced for t3 buildings iirc.

And production isnt necessarily higher. It's more consistent.

Well, after all and in light of recent developments it seems that no name changes and divine maneuvering will be needed.
The question now is how the heck do I finish my current game that I foolishly started only yesterday? I'm not that fast a player...

Well, some things are not meant to be finished. Or, just stay playing offline and, voilà, you may continue your game.

For all players, eh? They should probably qualify that. Don't want the Switch owners to think they are actually supporting that lackluster port.

See if you can LOSE in that time.

Well, some things are not meant to be finished. Or, just stay playing offline and, voilà, you may continue your game.
W... wh... wha... what... do you mean by... "offline"? :blush:

Nah, I'd sooner drop this game mid-turn than miss the new patch addressing production for a minute. I may load the save with the new patch and explore the results, if my machine doesn't explode or something. :)

For all players, eh? They should probably qualify that. Don't want the Switch owners to think they are actually supporting that lackluster port.
Oh, yeah. On the other hand it allows for a strange kind of time travelling. Remember Meritocracy card? I wish they weren't so fast to eliminate factory stacking in that version too.

See if you can LOSE in that time.
I'm afraid, that would take even longer...

I'm definitely curious to see the effects of the production changes, I'll play without the mods I have for marathon-style speed to see how things have changed.

The world builder looks like fun too!

Not to mention those of us using Babbage Engines, who never seem to get reliable Updates or Patches any more . . .

Okay, my feature post updating, and geographic skills are ready and waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom