1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

June/July Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by 2K Greg, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ColinTH

ColinTH Prince

Thankyou very much MadDjinn, I have been studying all four parts, and I am sure I will be referring to them again from time to time.

Thoughts -

Looks like the Ottomans might finally be worth playing on Archipelago.
    Looks like the Germans might become a force to reckon with, watch out if they get their Panzers!

I like the summary sugesting that ancient and classical era units will have more time to make an impact even on standard game speed.

First civ I looked for was Arabia, shame there is still no absolute to their (bazar) double luxuries!
    Thanks again.

2. Lecksa

Lecksa Chieftain

Any chance this patch would be released today? It's midsummer madness and all.

3. Montov

Montov King

No chance at all. They will inform us at least a couple of days, because of automatic updating.

And of course, they will announce a DLC and create more achievements before the release.

4. Mods

Mods Warlord

I really wished they'd release bug fixes and gameplay changes separately....

5. Lose

Lose King

where are you getting this information?

6. Montov

Montov King

From all the previous patches. Besides, the last EAT was end of june, or early july, so it will be at least next week, possibly the week after.

7. wcbarney

wcbarney Know-it-all

Umm ... OK, but I think Ghostz was really wanting to know where you found information on another upcoming DLC.:confused: I read this forum pretty much religiously, and haven't seen any mention whatsoever of another upcoming DLC.

8. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

Yeah, I've been waiting for a while on 2K Greg to come back with the answer to that question. If they actually do lose the free lux, then they are going to have very poor bonuses, except for the Camel archer. Even then, the Keshik is better. (since it comes with the Khan)

this is correct.

The actual bug fixes list hasn't been posted yet, so expect that a few days before the patch is ready to go.

9. Montov

Montov King

And according to previous patches, it is most likely the patch will be released on a Thursday, which will mean June 30th, and it explains why 2kGreg did mention early July in case of a minor postponing.

10. wcbarney

wcbarney Know-it-all

OK, I can believe all that -- I mean, emperical & anecdotal evidence is better than none at all.;) But, you really didn't mean to mention a new DLC in your previous post, did you?:confused:

11. Montov

Montov King

Every major patch had a DLC at the same time, which makes sense from a marketing standpoint. There is a rumor that it is going to be Korea, and a scenario Wonders of the World, according to a german civver who also 'predicted' all the previous dlc.

12. wcbarney

wcbarney Know-it-all

OK, thanks.:) IBISI!:D (i.e., "I'll believe it when I see it!)

13. Txurce

Txurce Deity

To be precise, it was a German octopus named Paul, speaking from beyond the grave via a Ouija board.

14. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

And to be even more precise, his name is "trineas" and he seems to have an source of information very close to firaxis or 2K.

He predicted Polynesia and the Danes (in this order). While vikings seem quite obvious to come sooner or later (but not the exact timing, of course), Polynesia is to unlikely to be nothing but a fluke...

15. elprofesor

elprofesor Pluri-editing poster

Your comment is more useful than Txurce's, but you have to reckon that his was unexpected.:lol:

16. FromBirth

FromBirth Chieftain

As you can see from the number of posts I've made, I'm not a regular contributor but I do read the forum regularly (at work when I can't actually play). I play on Emperor, I am working my way through all of the civs, victory conditions, maps types and will then move onto game length.
    The fun I have had has been through learning how to play the game through experience (eg. learning to protect my embarked units much better after losing a bunch of Berserkers to unseen AI naval units) combined with a bit of guidance on specific strategies gleaned from these forums (i.e. Cho-Ko-Nu rush(tried a couple of times, didn't work out, trying different strategies now)). I don't block RAs (or even need to use many at all) because I don't see that I need to on this difficulty level. I do NC start because I find it the most effective but not because it's the only thing that will keep me competitive.
    Changes in this patch will give me a new set of parameters to learn and experiment with, hence more fun. I agree that some things were overlooked especially the fact that once you are in the lead it's difficult for the AI to come back still ( a problem not just for the Deity players).
    My point being that most players (I include those not on this forum but exclude MP) play my kind of game (challenging enough but with room for the odd error and scope for a little bit of experimentation). Because of this I welcome this kind of balancing patch think that the devs have done a good job to please MOST of the players of ciV.
    While I do not mean to belittle the contributions and generally wise input of elite players, I feel it appropriate to point out that based on steam stats only 2.3% of players have won an MP game, 1.4% have beaten immortal and only 1.1% have beaten Deity. The devs have done their best in my opinion to please as many of us as possible, elite players included, but they can't please everyone.

Apologies for my broad generalisations as I am aware that sweeping comments often get shot down.

Also, carry on the heated discussions, very amusing and informative.

Also, no snipers please!

17. anandus

anandus Errorist

I had to Google it, but here I found it, a post from january where he predicts Polynesia, Denmark and Korea:
    http://civforum.de/showthread.php?t=72183

18. Montov

Montov King

I believe these stats only cover the people who don't use mods. When you use a mod, which I do and many others on this site, the stats doesn't count toward the achievements. I

19. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

20. elprofesor

elprofesor Pluri-editing poster

I don't speak a word of German, but it seems there is going to be a DLC called "wonders of the ancient world" (new wonders?:yumyum:), and a civ/scenario pack with Korea. If any German civer could give us extra insight...