June/July Patch Notes

I'm uploading screenshots of what I think the new tech tree is going to look like.

Let me know if I made a mistake. I don't think so, however...

I still hate the fact that you can build Chariot Archers without Archery.

I still hate the fact that you can build Chariot Archers without Archery.

Everyone knows that Egyptians never fired arrows. They used MIND BULLETS :egypt::borg:! That's how they constructed the pyramids too. Hence, archery skills are not needed.

2k Greg said:
Hey guys, here are a couple new small items for the list:

[UI]
Fix aircraft UI bug that was causing Nuclear Missiles and Atomic Bombers to leave behind container UI after it’s destroyed.
Removed dead players from Demographics UI.

[GAMEPLAY]
Fixed Oligarchy bug that was causing the effect to expire when loading from a save.

[POLICIES]
United Front – Militaristic City States now grant units twice as often when you are at war with a common foe.

[WONDERS]
Forbidden Palace now provides -10% unhappiness from Citizens in non-occupied Cities.

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?108900-June-July-Patch-Notes&p=1407473#post1407473

Particularly interesting are United Front and Forbidden Palace.

With FP+Republic you're at 15%. That's getting close to Theocracy. If you take Landed Elite as well, that's up to 25% (depending on what the pop of the cities is). So as you can see happiness hasn't been nerfed quite as badly as we thought.

Basically, before FP=.5 happiness per city, now it is .1 per pop. So after 5 pop, FP is better for a city then before.

I've just noticed that although the Patronage Finisher takes over what United Front used to do, it doesn't say what United Front does now.

EDIT: Never mind, it's just not in the first post.

Great. I can't say anything until the patch is very released, but it is worrying to say the least to see all these wonders providing such large happiness bonuses - I fear they may be needed.

I've just noticed that although the Patronage Finisher takes over what United Front used to do, it doesn't say what United Front does now.

EDIT: Never mind, it's just not in the first post.

Yeah, this one's missing.

"[POLICIES]
United Front – Militaristic City States now grant units twice as often when you are at war with a common foe."

Edit: Lol, you guys are too fast ^^

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?108900-June-July-Patch-Notes&p=1407473#post1407473

Particularly interesting are United Front and Forbidden Palace.

With FP+Republic you're at 15%. That's getting close to Theocracy. If you take Landed Elite as well, that's up to 25% (depending on what the pop of the cities is). So as you can see happiness hasn't been nerfed quite as badly as we thought.

Basically, before FP=.5 happiness per city, now it is .1 per pop. So after 5 pop, FP is better for a city then before.

I never thought that happiness was more of an issue with the patch. Increases to happiness/decreases to unhappiness were simply spread out. No more one stop shopping. There is always a glass half empty crowd that will not look at a change holistically and pick on the few nerfs to make a negative judgement. Happiness will be nearly equal to what it was prior to the patch, it will just require different/more balanced approaches, which was the intention of the patch. Aside from the nerfs to happiness, there is nearly an equal number of buffs. It is just a simple matter of doing the analysis as you've done.

Great. I can't say anything until the patch is very released, but it is worrying to say the least to see all these wonders providing such large happiness bonuses - I fear they may be needed.

Why would you fear a needed bonus? Isn't it more logical to be reassured by it?

One of the overarching goals of this patch is to integrate more aspects of the game. That's partly why more SP's are available, and why Wonders have added benefit. It should be harder to ignore any of the game's major facets.

currently all per population changes are multiplied, there's no reason to think that will change. eg monarchy + india + theocracy makes each pop in capital .1875 happiness (not -.25), so these will be a little less than 25% all together.

Why would you fear a needed bonus? Isn't it more logical to be reassured by it?

Seriously? You can't follow the logic?

If we can't manage happiness without a World Wonder, ie, we need an exclusive World Wonder that we'll have to compete with all the other civs to build, we should be "reassured"? :rolleyes:

If we can't manage happiness without a World Wonder, ie, we need an exclusive World Wonder that we'll have to compete with all the other civs to build, we should be "reassured"? :rolleyes:
Yes, quite. Happiness should be manageable without any wonders. Wonders should really be a nice bonus, not a necessity.

But... We'll have to see how all the changes work together to see what outcome really is, obviously.

You should be reassured in that there are multiple answers to your apparent fears. If there was only one - say the Hanging Gardens - then I could see being worried. If you fail to get any on a consistent basis, then do as 2kGreg suggests and drop down a level. Problem solved, while a central game mechanic becomes less of a bonus and more of your overall game plan.

You should be reassured in that there are multiple answers to your apparent fears.

Here's an idea. Think through your own logic more and stop telling us how we should feel. "I'm not worried about it" is okay. "You shouldn't be worried about it", not so much.

The point is, wonders shouldn't be standard things that are more or less required like Granaries (or whatever building you wish, I don't play Civilization V :p).

Here's an idea. Think through your own logic more and stop telling us how we should feel. "I'm not worried about it" is okay. "You shouldn't be worried about it", not so much.

Randall, you're getting testy. It's not that big a deal. As I mentioned earlier, you can always drop down a level. Or two. There's a whole bunch of them. The odds are excellent that you eventually won't have to worry about happiness.

Randall, you're getting testy. It's not that big a deal. As I mentioned earlier, you can always drop down a level. Or two. There's a whole bunch of them. The odds are excellent that you eventually won't have to worry about happiness.

LOL Dude. You're just trolling now. Moderator Action: Please do not accuse anyone of trolling, it's against the rules. And you're not contributing to the discussion. Noob makes the resaonable point that the developers' decision to provide us with high-happiness wonders implies that we might need them. Your response is both logically flawed ("should be reassured') and then superficial ("drop down a level"). Your responses are also inconsistent - if there's no reason to worry, why should we need to drop difficulty?

At some point you just need to say, "okay, I'm wrong." Usually around the time everyone else chimes in and corrects you will work.

Top Bottom