Just got my CIV V Strategy Guide!

Paper Maker replaces nothing? I don't know what I think of this.. it depends on how many other unique buildings "replace nothing" or if this is specific to China only.

This guide is only £9.74 in the UK, however is not released until the 21st making it completely useless because I'll be spending a few days studying the civilopedia in the demo instead.

If they can make good use of their special ability, then -1 culture/Burial Tomb won't amount to much difference.
Well, it's +2 culture instead of +3. Having +2 culture, +2 happiness and no maintenence seems like a nice benefit versus +3 culture and maintenence.

Well, it's +2 culture instead of +3. Having +2 culture, +2 happiness and no maintenence seems like a nice benefit versus +3 culture and maintenence.

Its empire wide as well, so each one built adds +2 happiness to every city with no maintenance.

I think that with Egypt, you would definately want to try and get the stonehenge to offset the small culture loss, and thats that negative taken care of.

They are still the best choice for wonder whores, I think I'll have to play them first.

Its empire wide as well, so each one built adds +2 happiness to every city with no maintenance.

I think that with Egypt, you would definately want to try and get the stonehenge to offset the small culture loss, and thats that negative taken care of.
Umm, happiness doesn't work like that in Civ 5. All happiness is empire wide.

Plus, Stonehenge is easier to build.

They are still the best choice for wonder whores, I think I'll have to play them first.

And/or invoke Mandate of Heaven to turn the extra happiness back to culture.

Benifit-The Sun Never Sets-+20movement for all naval units

I think you meant +2 movement... +20 might be a bit much ;)

Btw... this is awesome! Keep up the good work ;)

What they are saying is that you get the +2 for each one built in the city, so it's great! For every city you have you build one and get a good amount of happiness.

Again, not to be difficult (and thanks for the great info so far!), but could you post specifics on the Ship of the Line and Hoplite's production?

Ship of the Line Production is 110 instead of the Frigates 130
Hoplites production is 60 instead of Spearmans 50

GREECE
UU#1-Companion Cavalry-replaces Horseman-14 combat compared to Horseman's 12, 5 movement compared to 4, added great general points from combat
UU#2-Hoplite-replaces Spearman-costs more production, 9 combat compared to 7
UB-none
Benefit-Hellenic Leaque-City-State influence degrades at half speed and recovers at twice the normal rate.

Companion's are brutal. :king:

Stronger, Faster, more GGs which means early wars will grant greater game-spanning military benefits. Or earlier Golden ages attained through conquests.

Wow lucky you. And lucky us for having someone as generous as you sacrificing time to share :)

Thanks! Like others before me, I'd like to ask if there's anything about Babylon.

Thats why I need the civilopedia for Civ 5 like NAOW!!!!!!!!

:(

But still, Egypt get maintenance free happiness.

Top Bottom