Just started playing again

manu-fan

Emperor
Hi,

As the title says. Not getting Rising Tide yet, just the basic BE game.

When did Technolgies change to just give percentage of Purity level etc., instead of a full level? When did upgrading units become so complicated?

That's pretty much all I've noticed that truly different since I last played.

Technologies never gave you a whole affinity level, only a certain number of affinity points towards the next level.

The upgrade screen was changed in the free patch that came with Rising Tide.

When did Technolgies change to just give percentage of Purity level etc., instead of a full level? When did upgrading units become so complicated?

There was a free patch to the base game that added some of the changes from Rising Tide.

How the tech web gives affinity points was changed. It used to be that only leaf techs game affinity points. Now, affinity points are spread out more among both leaf and stem techs. And some techs give smaller number of points to multiple affinities. This was done to make the new hybrid affinities viable.

The new upgrade screen was implemented to help players navigate the extra options now available with hybrid affinities. It is not really more complicated. You just have to click on the lit button in the affinity wheel that corresponds to your available upgrade and then click the unit perk you want as before.

OK. Thanks for the answers. Yes, I remember now that a Purity tech only gave a percentage towards a level, but it was denoted differently on the tech web.

When I came back, I had a game in progress, and thoroughly enjoyed finishing it off. Now I've started a new game. I know remember why I stopped playing. It's so tedious with all the Aliens at the start. Getting to mid-game is just really tedious.

When I came back, I had a game in progress, and thoroughly enjoyed finishing it off. Now I've started a new game. I know remember why I stopped playing. It's so tedious with all the Aliens at the start. Getting to mid-game is just really tedious.

The aliens is pretty much a non-factor in games after first few turns. Just relax.

The aliens is pretty much a non-factor in games after first few turns. Just relax.

A non factor in that they don't take your cities or kill any units, but they're just tedious to clear from areas, and Rangers doing only 2 damage to worm is really weak. Later on, they're taken down much more easily, but early on you actually need a lot of units, and if you don't watch it, you can get some of them killed.

Getting to mid-game is just really tedious.

Actually, I find the opposite to be true. The early game is the most fun because there is a lot to do, from finding artifacts, avoiding or killing aliens, settling your first cities and discovering who your AI neighbors will be. It is also the most crucial part of the game because your decisions here will have a strong impact on how your game goes. The end game on the other hand, is the most tedious because everything is done, except waiting to win. Things become pretty automatic in the end game with little choice whereas the early game is very fluid and every decision matters.

A non factor in that they don't take your cities or kill any units, but they're just tedious to clear from areas, and Rangers doing only 2 damage to worm is really weak.

I find it is best to avoid the aliens completely in the early game.

A non factor in that they don't take your cities or kill any units, but they're just tedious to clear from areas, and Rangers doing only 2 damage to worm is really weak. Later on, they're taken down much more easily, but early on you actually need a lot of units, and if you don't watch it, you can get some of them killed.

Only the Kraken scares me in first few turns. I'm holding my breath especially if I have been fighting the bugs. And fighting the bugs help keep me from falling asleep. :lol: It seems like you find clearing them out tedious while I don't. Thats what it looks like anyways.

I always spend the first forty turns saying, "yeah... This time I'm not going to get all aggressive with the aliens. Maybe I can turn them blue." Then I see one nest next to some fruit and fungus.

" well maybe I'll be nice NEXT game."

I always spend the first forty turns saying, "yeah... This time I'm not going to get all aggressive with the aliens. Maybe I can turn them blue." Then I see one nest next to some fruit and fungus.

" well maybe I'll be nice NEXT game."

I was friendly with them way past Turn 200.
Then I accidently settled next to a nest. It all went downhill from there...

Top Bottom