Kardashev 3 Mod (or, yet another space mod) development thread

I think it's super neat that ya'all are still here, chugging away on interesting projects like this. Keep up the good work.

Hey Bluemofia, idk if you've come up with a solution to your "AI sacrifices any captured terraform unit" problem yet but I have an idea: Make terraform units fight back instead of let them get captured. It keeps AIs from having captured terraform units but it may go against the whole point of the scenario.

No, I do want them to be captured, just not sacrificed for huge amounts of culture.

Defensively armed workers run into other issues, such as being able to use them to act as Military Police and generate happiness, and be able to defend cities from military units for at least one or two turns depending on the stack size, etc, and it also changes the behaviors of the AI for threat assesment, as they count as military units even if they are given near zero combat stats.

Hmmmmmmm, then perhaps use flavors to have the AI avoid learning the tech that allows sacrifice?
That defeats the purpose of having Sacrifice in the first place.

I want it to be available to use Military Units/Capital Ships to generate "Propaganda Broadcasts" to sacrifice and generate culture by winning battles. This allows you to generate Culture via military action, such as having a civ which do not generate much culture from improvements at all, and their only recourse is killing units, and thus opening an entirely new style of play.

However, if the AI cheats and sacrifices worker units that are not intended to be sacrificed, that's a price I am willing to pay if the workers are low cost, as the AI is generally incompetent anyways. If they are high cost (say, 50 shields), 2 workers is suddenly enough to expand the border twice. And I've seen the AI capture much more than 2 workers at a time in some test games I've watched. It gets a bit much when a well developed city is captured, and suddenly has double the culture as it originally had, just because the AI sacrificed the 4 workers that captured along with the city.

That defeats the purpose of having Sacrifice in the first place.

I want it to be available to use Military Units/Capital Ships to generate "Propaganda Broadcasts" to sacrifice and generate culture by winning battles. This allows you to generate Culture via military action, such as having a civ which do not generate much culture from improvements at all, and their only recourse is killing units, and thus opening an entirely new style of play.

However, if the AI cheats and sacrifices worker units that are not intended to be sacrificed, that's a price I am willing to pay if the workers are low cost, as the AI is generally incompetent anyways. If they are high cost (say, 50 shields), 2 workers is suddenly enough to expand the border twice. And I've seen the AI capture much more than 2 workers at a time in some test games I've watched. It gets a bit much when a well developed city is captured, and suddenly has double the culture as it originally had, just because the AI sacrificed the 4 workers that captured along with the city.

Ok, maybe you could have it both ways with workers auto-producing in some cities but they have low shield costs so the AI won't sacrifice them for a ton of culture.

Bluemofia, what´s about simply removing the sacrifice-flag from workers ?

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Sacrifice-flag.jpg
    Sacrifice-flag.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 410
Bluemofia, what´s about simply removing the sacrifice-flag from workers ?

Spoiler :
This is the AI cheating that I was describing. Even if the sacrifice flag is removed, the AI is able to sacrifice units with the Terraform AI Strategy flag if they have access to the tech to sacrifice, but the human player is not.

This is the AI cheating that I was describing. Even if the sacrifice flag is removed, the AI is able to sacrifice units with the Terraform AI Strategy flag if they have access to the tech to sacrifice, but the human player is not.

Sorry, I haven´t read this properly in your postings above.

Top Bottom