1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Kathys graphic modcomps

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Kathy, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Thankyou so much for doing that Kathy, I really appreciate it.

Update: musketman.kfm isn't working with the current nif.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  2. Sword_Of_Geddon

It is up to you if you want to spend the time to get it working. It is ok if you don't though.

3. Kathy

Kathy Prince

I have no idea how to do it. I could not move the body of the swordsman to a musketeer, because it has to many parts which do not fit to each other on the other skeleton, and switching the weapon by adding a musket to the existing unit also did not work, as you said.

4. Sword_Of_Geddon

Its ok. What I ended up doing was reskinning the light swordsman musketman someone made, its not perfect, but its better than nothing. I thankyou for your valiant effort though Kathy.

What projects are you working on for yourself may I ask?

5. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Recently I have no project for civilization graphics. I have a lot to do adding existing graphics from other modders to my mod, doing some xml- and sdk-modding, and when I see something is missing, I check my possibilities to to it by myself (if I can not find it here).

6. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sounds like an interesting mod. I'm always curious to see other people's work. Mind telling me alittle about it if thats ok?

7. Kathy

Kathy Prince

It is a mod, that at first add more of all to the game. More Civilizations, more Technologies, more Units, more Buildings, leaders, religions, corporation, eras etc.
    The idea was in the beginning to add all the items to Civ4 which I knew from Civ 2 and Civ 1 and repair some historical inaccuracies (e.g. the late appearance of cannons in the game). And then to add some items I also missed in Civ 2. And then, more an more ideas have been added.

8. nyoman

nyoman Chieftain

Make a scenario, and put there everything you've created!

9. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sounds pretty awesome. Did you think Civ3 had anything worth adding?

10. Kathy

Kathy Prince

I have also added some things from Civ3, but I do not know it very well, I only played it once. Meanwhile, there is much more than only the few things I needed. I got more and more ideas (also from Civ5 and 6, bot also from Age of Empires or other games, places I visited,...), and added more and more items, civilizations and rules.

11. Sword_Of_Geddon

Yeah I love doing that, many great ideas from those games. There were afew cool units in Civ3 I remember fondly. The flail-using Medieval Infantry(The Maceman in Civ4 is based on that unit I believe), and the Guerilla, which the promotion in Civ4 is derived from. The idea of a paramilitary unit however like that I think has merit.

12. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Quad and Trike.
    2 All Terrain Vehicles: A Quad and a Trike.
    Both are based on the Wehrmacht-Motorbike made by Refar, Asioasioasio, Chuggi and edited by Clanky4. Saibothlieh made some corrections with the Quad to remove needles parts. Uses some parts from the Quad from the Dune-Mod.

Download here.

topsecret likes this.
  13. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

well that is just a lovely set of models.

:goodjob: