1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Kazakstan pitboss game

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Indiansmoke, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

With Provo AWOL and Shogu gone I think that I have to concede... Both my allies are basically dead. That = Game Over IMO. I don't think I can beat the Inca/India/Mali alliance all by myself... Sorry :king: if you think that means I'm "sloppy";)...

Point is... I won't be taking anymore turns, so switch me(Zulus) to AI so you don't have to deal with my sloppy play any longer:D

I will be glad to participate in a new Kazpit when this one ends!!! For now I abdicate (is that a word?):)

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Well you could have made a messge to be about the situation, but I recieved nothing about what was going on.

3. Sommerswerd

Sorry Classy, but trust me, its over... I am beaten, Provo is beaten, Shogu is out. Inca, Mali and India have an alliance... The only real battle is between the three of them... no one else has a chance... Its over... I am waiting for the next Kazpit. This one was super super super fun. Please start another one soon!

4. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

great stuff...onw player loads a settler in a galley afer losing all his cities and disapears..leaves us with a galley and waiting for turns to end, another suicides his army and then syas switch me to ai...kidengarden!!

5. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Hey, "sloppy" was your word, notmine.

Game's not over yet by any means. Rome has plenty of units, Shogu was just not using them which seemed very odd to me as it allowed Smokey to concentrate on taking down Provo. Perhaps you should at least talk with classical before deciding what to do in the game??

6. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Shogu was sending units all game Kaleb, he has lost 6 praetorians 2 chariots and a couple of archers from me...mistake was he was sending them in pairs instead of making one big stack.
    That is because he played most of the game so far without slavery, and without slavery you cannot make a big army quickly.

He now has a stack of about 10 -12 units, which I was hoping he would send to me as he would lose it all, unfortunatelly he quit 2 turns before stepping into my lands.

Sommer, I don't know what you were doing, honestly, you had 2 neighbours to deal with and you were helping Provolution and souring your relations with me for what?

Anyway this game is over, I can make a new one if everyone wants, but with tottaly different settings.

If something was to be learned from this game is the power of elephants..and we will be facing them against Sancta!!

7. Sommerswerd

You are wrong on both counts... I can not explain that any further... sorry.

I did suicide my army... my mistake... No one's fault but mine. I admitted that I made an accidental move and said "keep playing." So I did not quit after that suicide... I kept playing for many turns after that.

I am ADMITTING DEFEAT now because Shogu quit the game. You guys (Inca/Mali/India) win!!! Enjoy your success, don't be a sore winner;)

AND BTW (I can't resist this even though it may cause a $%!#storm) KINDERGARTEN is spelled thustly: K,I,N,D,E,R,G,A,R,T,E,N... even a "kidengardener [sic]" knows that, geez:D;):) (Smiles added for non threatening, friendly, joking, effect).:)

8. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Sommer the only ones who had an alliance were you Provo and Shogu..a 3 party alliance to face me.

I had no alliance with anyone else, just a small peace treaty with Donsig which ended and Donsig was very cautious on renewing and exchanged some techs with Kaleb, who BTW declared war at me as well at the beggining and was pressing me to accept Provolution's terms and was refusing to make a peace deal with me all game.

Both Kaleb and Donsig (my supposed allies) were helping provolution you and Shogu by exchanging techs (Kaleb even send missionary).

I was fighting praetorians to my north and protective charismatic units to my south, plus your small I must admit contribution with chariots and warriors.

Yet I was still teching faster than anyone else (that is why Kaleb exchanged techs, he was looking after his own good not mine), and had bigger army than anyone else, protecting 2 fronts long way away from each other.

The only reason I survived and grew stronger is because Provolution and Shogu did not know what they were doing and because Donsig (luckily for me) was too busy building wonders.

If Provolution and Shogu half knew what they were doing I would be eliminated long time now.

So don't tell me cheap excuses about alliances!

9. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

For the record, I was not allied with anyone. I was quite wary of Provo early on when he killed one of my warriors for no good reason that I could see. I was quite content to let everyone fight Mali. I don't think those two wonders I built made much difference. They were cheap and I had stone. Still I was outclassed in this which was my first try at am MP game. Not sure if I want to play another one.

10. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

That is a shame.

11. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Anyone up for a vanilla mp game?

12. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Ah this sucks. I hate it when everyone quits just because they aren't winning. If we do another game is their a way reduce this dynamic?

Ps- Team laser cats totally pwned in this game!

13. donsig

Dude, everyone didn't quit - sommers and (maybe) provo did. I'm quite willing to continue this one. And Mali owns this one, not the Lazer Cats.

14. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Well my "pwned" comment was a little tongue-in-cheek ;) I do wish we could keep this game going somehow but the consensus seems to be that its already over.

15. Sommerswerd

As I said before... I am very confident that I have been beaten at this point. I make no excuses... I lost, period. I can speculate on the reasons I lost... alliances, poor diplo, bad micro, mistakes, etc, etc, but all that does not matter... The bottom line is that I was outplayed, mostly by the Lazer Cats (Good job you two). I don't agree that admitting when you have lost is making excuses or being a poor sport.

I undestand that an opponent accepting defeat is less satisfying than crushing all their cities into smoking rubble. That is why I suggested that Zulus be switched to AI. I am also fine with someone else taking over the Zulu team. I just don't see the point of me simply logging in everyday just to press "End Turn." And I am pretty confident that if I just stop taking the turn (causing everyone to have to wait 24 hours every turn) that will not be appreciated either. I thought that admitting that I lost and surrendering (as opposed to going AWOL or making up some excuse to drop out) was the most civil thing to do.

I guess I should have said something like "Hey everybody, I just started a new job and I don't have time for Civ anymore... Can someone take over for me?";)

16. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

This game isn't over. I for one would still like to play through to completion.

If sommers can't be pursuaded to play on (a real shame :( ) can we carry on?

FYI Sommers wasn't going to be in the frame for much longer anyway (we have some evil top-secret plans brewing).

we can just put Zulus and Natives to AI and keep going :)

donsig - you're not done for either! And I wouldn't say Mali owns the game :p

17. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

18. Sommerswerd

OK :king: you twisted my arm... Consider me "persuaded" to play it out until the bitter end. I withdraw my offer to make Zulus an AI civ.

Since no turs have passed since my last turn this should not pose any problem... I would also note (as Donsig) already has, that Provo never officially quit and seems to still be taking his turn so it would probably be innapropriate to boot Provo.

Let me see if I can figure out some way to drag this war out as long as possible:)

19. donsig

I thought we were going to get a nuetral party to disband Provo's units or something like that.