1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Kick'n it with the legion

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by blue_cow_spit, Aug 23, 2010.

1. azzedar

azzedar Warlord

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=279
    there should be some stuff available for sources unsorted. there may also be a ritual to summon the great wise cultuum involving the sacrifice of goats. reading the pedia entries helps too. there have been several tries to build a ffh wiki, but i dont know any that is as complete as the ingame entries.

2. Venir

Venir Chieftain

Oh they can beat you on mages to fanaticism, I doubt KotE->Bronze though. With their edible warriors, Binders are pretty quick to level.

But yeah, she's a civ-destroyer without equal, IMO. A cute one too!?

3. blue_cow_spit

blue_cow_spit Chieftain

Thanks!!!!
    As I have no work atm I have plenty of time to play RIFE and what not. I will try and compose as much as possible of the lore and, history, etc. if Valk or anyone else for that matter has anything that could help feel free to drop me a private message or leave a post. I think I will make a new thread just for everyone to leave the info they have for me (as long as the mods and Valk n the crew dont mind that is).

4. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

5. blue_cow_spit

blue_cow_spit Chieftain

6. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

You might say that but hollywood is one of the major factors for spreading american way of life, way of thinking, american influence. In short : Hollywood/shwarzy may not be art... but they clearly produce culture... at least in the cIV meaning !
    I disagree. there are many people that make a living by painting and selling their painting, or by backing potery and selling it. They don't make $100,000 a year or more but they clearly have a decent living style.

7. azzedar

azzedar Warlord

i agree with the first statement (yet once again a reason why civ-culture is a bit strange, but its a good example) but not with the second.

8. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

Having reread In A Bright Land with Viatos' explanation, I think I'm really close to understanding, I just need to clear up this bit. Esus is one of the gods who Fell, but Rahserat has not, himself Fallen, (But did not know this until recently) but is still working for Esus. By disobeying Esus, Rahserat is staying true to his original unfallen aspect, and if he does decide to obey Esus, he will then Fall and become the Angel of Regret.

So if Rahserat does disobey Esus, what will he do? What are the good intentions of the Scions?

9. azzedar

azzedar Warlord

i would think not slaughtering mankind, but establishing a new golden age for erebus and rebuilding patria in a better way than it was before.
    maybe not dipping into that wierd scion aspect of creepers and overgrafting abomination creation stuff.

10. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

well you never went in south of france were 1/2 half of the villages shops are souvenir shops of handmade art, pottery, painting...etc those people have a decent life, a house, enough food, computer...etc they can even go into holidays ! at 100euros the painting, you'll need only to sell 3 per week in order to have a decent life.
    And due to the huge amount of tourists I bet those shope at sell at least 3 per day or maybe more !

11. Valkrionn

That is actually never really stated. Best I can think is that he plans to use the Scions to achieve good things, to help defeat Laroth like Gyra wants.

But yes, that is pretty much entirely correct. ;)

12. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I was about to point out that this does not make a lot of sense because the gods did not create any angels until after the battlelines were drawn and the Godswar had begun, but then I recalled that the Chaos Marauders were originally created to be peaceful beings intended to use their eloquence in all languages in order to help various tribes of men reach peaceful understandings. I suppose one could argue that while the gods picked sides rather quickly, it took more time for them to become truly corrupt.

It may also be worth noting that Esus has often worked counter the plans of Agares and his allies, such as in the scenarios where he was instrumental in helping to save the world from Tebryn Arbandi. He also has very few demonic followers, preferring living beings instead. He is not so much evil as morally ambiguous. I wouldn't even fully rule out the idea that he was never really on the side of evil but just liked to trick others into thinking he was.

Note: there is also the issue of deciding which being is Esus. Many of Esus's servants believe they are the god of deceit in disguise, and the real god may have managed to trick himself into thinking he is someone else. I kind of like the idea that the top hierarchy in Esus's hell is not a single individual but a fairly egalitarian council made of those that seem most likely to be the god. It could be that there is a good aligned pseudo-Esus with equal authority as the true divinity, or even greater authority if the real Esus has hidden himself well enough not to be considered for membership. It is also possible that the most evil member of the council generally puts forth the most benign proposals and the most righteous member the most horrific, just to keep their true intentions hidden.

13. azzedar

azzedar Warlord

well, esus keeps reminding me of Mask, the d&d god of deception, but this could have its roots deep within the first days of ffh creation.

i like the idea of many pseudo-esuses(esi? esa? whats the plural of esus?) deceiving each other.

14. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

Valk employs quicker ninjas than me (I really must sack them and hire pirates instead) but you might want to download the modmod lore again, as I've just updated it to include RiFE 1.3 and a bunch of other odds and ends from mods and threads on these forums. As stated in the introduction to the modmod lore, you may find that some parts contradict.

15. blue_cow_spit

blue_cow_spit Chieftain

thanks I have already started on a rewrite of the lore to try and make it all more cohesive while not wanting to change anything just making it flow a little better. I have already written the creation mythos of Erebus. Its posted here under a rough draft. Feel free to take a look let me know what you think of it guys.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=376614

16. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

I think that what ever you write (that concerns the base of FFH, the setting etc.) should first go to Keel for approval before one may take it as official cannon.

17. Viatos

Viatos Prince

I disagree, it should go to the RiFE team. The various mods have stepped away from Kael's canon (which, in itself, remains occasionally contradictory and/or unfinished) in various directions, not least by adding civilizations with their own lore and interaction with the setting. RiFE team determines official canon for RiFE.

18. Valkrionn

Yes... But we do not typically change existing Canon. We add to it, but do not change it.

19. Andvare

Andvare King

So, after reading this thread, I decided to try the Legion.
    Yes, they can really rock (though, like the Spiders, they are vulnerable to human opponents).
    One question though, which crypts can be defiled, and which can not?

20. inuyashasama

inuyashasama Warlord

Only crypts that can be worked by a city are defile-able. Meant to be a last resort type thing because it permanently lowers the tile yield.