Kill MIA Thread

I don't think they'll send out their precious cavs without cover. If they do that's where we pick them off. They should have a more difficult time manuevering now. They're still riding in the darkness.

I'd love to get a few units behind their thrust down the middle. Is there any way we can get there without being suicidal? Their workers are as dangerous as anything right now.

A couple of questions -

Do we want to keep EWR? - I don't know if we can make a successful retreat out of there so we might want to keep it. Or maybe we gift it to Donuts and catapult our units back to Simpleton (or will that not happen immediately?)

We might want to open the save. Make one or two recon moves out of EWR and see if we have rails headed north.

Then save it there and report back. We need some intel on their troop movements.

How many defenders can we get to our many front line cities? If we can't defend them, I think we need to consider gifting them to Donuts. I would think we would want to get at least five defenders in each location.

I'm not sure we have that many units to move to the front. The rails I saw were between our 2 ex cities. I think we should see if there's any way to capture the railing workers. I'd think it will give them something to think about.

This turn we have quite literally nothing to do other than the units in elfingblahblah and a few old fashioned units on the west coast.

oh and that cav.

ComandoBob said:
Has anyone looked at the map and plotted the course of the attacks? It doesn't seem that they wanted Leonardo's Workshop greatly or they would have made a bee line for it. But this is just a guess on my part. If the Workshop is the Grand Prize, I would have done everything possible to plan to get it on the first turn of the war. And maybe they did. I don't know the map well enough to be able to say.
Why stretch for it when they really don't need it. They've been saving up cash and then massively upgraded their knights last turn. They really don't have a need for Leo's since they have a ton of cavs and already knocked out most of our forces. D'nut isn't going to be much of a problem for them either to be honest.

:( if only i could of showed you something i wanted too (though it didnt indicate an attack was coming)(at least to me it didnt)

BCLG100 said:
:( if only i could of showed you something i wanted too (though it didnt indicate an attack was coming)(at least to me it didnt)
Don't feel bad, Simon. You're playing by the rules the game admins asked of you, just as you defended your civ to the best of your ability when all looked pretty bleak. I think I can speak for everyone that you have our respect for being honorable, and it's among the reasons you're so welcome on our team. We appreciate your help where it's allowed for you to give it...when it's forbidden, we understand your frustration. I'm glad you're here with us. :)

Tubby Rower said:
Why stretch for it when they really don't need it. They've been saving up cash and then massively upgraded their knights last turn. They really don't have a need for Leo's since they have a ton of cavs and already knocked out most of our forces. D'nut isn't going to be much of a problem for them either to be honest.
Whomp said:
They're still riding in the darkness.
I keep forgetting that MIA cannot see our land. Which means I hit the panic button earlier. Sorry.

The good news is that MIA doesn't know where Simpleton is and won't know until next turn and only if a scouting Calvary finds it.

How can we the darkness to our advantage? Can we divert the attack by leaving gaps-to-nowhere/gaps-to-Nutter-towns in our lines?

I could guess that MIA investigated most of our cities before the attack.
Only if they can see them.

They sailed over the top of the continent when taking a look at our second invasion force. IIRC.

MIA has all of our land visible since they've been about scouting way back in AA. What they don't see is our units 'cept for the usual 8 tile sight around their units.
Seriously, someone has to play the save tonight. Gather the Idiots online and chat your way through it. I think no-one blames anyone for not being able to turn the tables on this turn. Agree on main strategy and do your best.
My vote goes to asking MIA what they want for peace, hook up Nutters on the extension deal, retreating to save as many units as possible. As long as we can keep the area around frozen lake I'll be happy. We need that for future landing. A chance go for the worker stack would be ok too. To me it looks like we should adapt the "burned ground tactic" and pillage our way back to a position where we have a fair chance of holding.

I would like to send a suicide cav towards where they've railed if we can. I really think they'd think twice about sending workers in uncovered.

I can't play the save tonight. Elvis night at the White Sox game. :mischief:

I'd offer to play but its friday so i think most of you can work out what my state of mind will be shortly...

edit-are we gifting the nutters any cities?

Is there anyone else who can play? I'm a little leary about this turn as if I make a mistake, it could mean curtains for us.

I can play right now but i think it'd be better if one of you original KISS'ers did it :) tell scout to get his ass back.

I can play it tomorrow morning with some people but that's the earliest.

wouldnt worry about it-i asked for quite a few extensions and the turns had been progresssing quite fast recently.

Can we just destroy Leonardos' Workshop only? I've never tried to destroy a wonder, but we can sell improvements.

If we raze Simpleton, a huge chunk of KISS land becomes no-mans-land and the MIA Cavs will have their road movement back.

If we gift cities to the Nutters, do they start all over with initial nine-tiles or do the Nutters get the cultural boundaries of the cities? If it is only the nine tiles, then we do not want to gift any front line cities to the Nutters, since that will leave gaps of unclaimed land for the MIA Cavs to use. Gifting second line cities might be better. We would lose the front line cities but we put a brief stop to the Light Green onslaught.

Top Bottom