King of the World #16: Julius Caesar

Best thread on the forum :goodjob:

You deserve a break, Neal. Working that hard must be tiring.
Maybe you shouldn't vassalise as much now? It's starting to feel like the Isabella game all over again.

Japan will be a pretty easy target as we've seen, deity doesn't make AI break their bad habits so he probably has a bunch of garbage units on his home island[...]

as far as we can see China allready moved him from the Island ... or else he have done the unlikely and moved his capital to Tokyo south of Shanghai on his own accord

as far as we can see China allready moved him from the Island ... or else he have done the unlikely and moved his capital to Tokyo south of Shanghai on his own accord

Nah, Toku did move the capital on his own accord, 'cause he has more cities on the mainland then in Japan proper.

If Toku did toss a few cities down in China that just made your job a lot easier. Strangles China and doesn't make Toku a threat.

Roosevelt's AI is amazingly bad, I had no idea how he managed to screw up every game no matter what start I gave him.

Last game I played I moved EVERYONE except for Catherine (who was moved to India) to the new world and sent Roosevelt, Monty, and Huyana to the old world. Roosevelt just can't control his wonderlust, Huyana starting in Egypt had already claimed half of Europe by the time he sent out his first settler because he kept trying to build wonders. TGW, 'rids, TGLH, he tried to build every wonder and kept failing. I watched him in a normal game and he does the same stupid thing in his normal site, he wastes all of his time and hammers on useless wonders that he rarely gets.

Roosevelt's AI is amazingly bad, I had no idea how he managed to screw up every game no matter what start I gave him.

Last game I played I moved EVERYONE except for Catherine (who was moved to India) to the new world and sent Roosevelt, Monty, and Huyana to the old world. Roosevelt just can't control his wonderlust, Huyana starting in Egypt had already claimed half of Europe by the time he sent out his first settler because he kept trying to build wonders. TGW, 'rids, TGLH, he tried to build every wonder and kept failing. I watched him in a normal game and he does the same stupid thing in his normal site, he wastes all of his time and hammers on useless wonders that he rarely gets.

99/100 times he does, but in this current deity game i'm playing he actually vassalized Capac and is more than standing his ground against Monty. I was shocked

I wonder what would happen if you replaced FDR with one of the other American leaders...:mischief:

I think another american leader would make scarce difference, since inevitably monty will come for america, considering none of the american leaders are real warmongering types a different leader would at best lead to a stiffer american resistance simply delaying the aztec tide.

Of course there is the offchance of something miraculous happening and a new leader would make it more likely then roosevelt, but overall monty will most often do what he usually does.

I think another american leader would make scarce difference, since inevitably monty will come for america, considering none of the american leaders are real warmongering types a different leader would at best lead to a stiffer american resistance simply delaying the aztec tide.

Of course there is the offchance of something miraculous happening and a new leader would make it more likely then roosevelt, but overall monty will most often do what he usually does.

More likely to help America is to replace Monty with pacal, DO Washington over Roosevelt, and add Sitting Bull. AT the least adding Sitting bull would at least give Monty another target and offer a stiffer defense.

I agree there, with Monty war is inevitable against someone, and with only america...

However without monty all the challenge in america is gone and it just isn;t the same without the human sacrifices and insane ranting, Much better to try and limit aztecification of America whille still allowing an aztec presence

---

If i modified the americas Id simply add sitting Bull, switch to washington for the americans and add pacal south of Monty while opening up Panama and the Andes in argentina for Pacal and Huayna respectively. Makes the New world much more interesting.

Native American peace pipes and archers usually put a cramp in the aztec war machine although its not unheard of for sitting bull to be completely smashed. Either way America has a greater chance to live.

I agree, Washington would be stronger than Roosevelt, and Sitting Bull would definitely put a stop to Aztec attacks. (Remember the Darius KOTW?)

I have a feeling Pacal would end up a puny vassal to Monty, though...

To balance the New World(balanced meaning less green), the intuitive solution would be to place buffers such as Pacal and Bull on his path. The idea of replacing him with Pacal entirely would however bring to question whether he could survive the barbs well enough to become anything.

As for the game, it was won ages ago. You already know my stance on this don't you :D

That is all, and as Neal is gone for now, so am I. Happy Saturnalia to all of you :)

I agree, Washington would be stronger than Roosevelt, and Sitting Bull would definitely put a stop to Aztec attacks. (Remember the Darius KOTW?)

I have a feeling Pacal would end up a puny vassal to Monty, though...

The Darius KOTW only had two civs in America, and as soon as Sitting Bull blocked off the Maya's expansion to the north he could spam cities all day long. I don't get what this proves about Sitting Bull, he didn't even start a war... His protective CG3 archers would put a serious dent in Monty's conquest plans though. Sitting Bull vs. Monty is a helluva lot more fair than Monty vs. Rosy. Next game on the Earth 18 map, Neal should tweak it somehow so Washington is there instead of Rosy.

The Darius KOTW only had two civs in America, and as soon as Sitting Bull blocked off the Maya's expansion to the north he could spam cities all day long. I don't get what this proves about Sitting Bull, he didn't even start a war... His protective CG3 archers would put a serious dent in Monty's conquest plans though. Sitting Bull vs. Monty is a helluva lot more fair than Monty vs. Rosy. Next game on the Earth 18 map, Neal should tweak it somehow so Washington is there instead of Rosy.

i experimented with that awhile ago, putting monty and bull alone in North america, basically they just beat each other up in a 2000 year stalemate war, so when i got to them they were both backwards as hell

While this thread is getting off topic (serves Neal right for abandonning us for a week), I will pipe in that Washington is alot better at warring than Monty. He may not initiate wars much, but his charismatic trait would certainly help.

I think the best New World map would be Monty, Sitting Bull in the midwest, Washington starting more south (site of Virginia/Charleston), And Hyuna Capac with a gap in the Andes rather than Panama. Hyuna could then cut out the Amazon and expand that way, possibly improving trade/tech.

Myself, I am still playing out the earth map as it is, up to Catherine. Once I finish Mansa/and the three New Worlders it's time to make changes. Perhaps worth a new thread.

Top Bottom