KotOR Mafia - game thread

DCMort, the latest tally was in #1374, some while ago. Do please try to keep up with which cycle we're in currently.

If you're neutral and Winston, you ran away from the commies to side with the germans. Have fun with that.

I simply chose not to go along with your implausible, self-serving nonsense anymore.

I'm not siding with anyone; I'm just siding against the guy who made it clear he was going to spend the rest of the game bossing me around.

And I've heard all this "side with me, it'll be more fun and you'll have a better chance of winning" schtick from you before. It was a crock then, just as it's a crock now. You're painting the town as being all-powerful and dictatorial here, but it's never been anything like that so far in the game. If it had, I would never have needed to tip them off about you being a scummer.

Part of being in an alliance is communication. You could have voiced some concerns at any point.

You're not a good ally. I'm not taking this personally but really, the fault in our alliance isn't all mine, sir.

Another out of thread network game. Great.

Vote: Gone 3 the Celt

Not going to waste my time thinking about stuff when everything that matters is out of my purview.

Same old patterns, aren't they?

Townie network, hastily assembled and fractious scum-scum-neutral alliance.

Neither one really has the moral high ground. It's less a mafia game and more a factional game. Feels completely different from a guessing game to me. It's all about diplomacy, and town has the distinct advantage of being able to 100 percent trust one another once cleared.

Scum-scum-neutrals can't necessarily do that. And if they don't stand together then neutrals will get caught in crossfire by mafia, lynched as scum candidates by town, and the mafia families will hurt each other while trying to hit townies. And the omnipresent, rank-and-file townies will not harm each other, but pound scum and neutrals into paste.

Their alliance is much simpler, more monolithic, and more effective. Folks really want to join the rebellion here, not the Republic-turned-Empire.

It only looks like a wasted lynch because of what Pizza himself has said. Hardly damning evidence if you ask me.

Even if he is immune to one lynch, we need to remove that immunity. Suggesting that we not lynch him because of this is quite scummy, mr. darkside classical_hero, who was roleblocked on a night that had one less kill than could be expected. Don’t think that you are escaping scrutiny. Right now you are Pizza-Partner candidate numero uno.

If he is immune to more than one lynch, then I will be very disappointed with the game setup.

Most nights have had only one kill, so how can I be bad guy if there is only one kill. Now if there were no kills that night, then you would have a point.

Based on the previous game set on the similar universe there was a godfather role in one of the teams, so there could be one in this game. So don't think that there isn't one.

Part of being in an alliance is communication. You could have voiced some concerns at any point.

You're not a good ally. I'm not taking this personally but really, the fault in our alliance isn't all mine, sir.

But you don't do alliances, pizza, only manipulation.

It began with your reveal to me, which I neither invited nor wanted. At that point, I knew full well how this would end up going - you pulling every trick in the book to make me your *female dog*. Since then it's been exactly the same stuff you always pull: boasts, threats, promises, flattery; whatever you thought would get me in the place you wanted me. And I know exactly where that road ends: being shoved in front of the bus as soon as you need someone to take the fall for you, or, at the absolute best, having you glory in handing me a win I do not deserve, earned only by kneeling like a coward at your feet.

Oh Classical_hero you're wasting your breath. It would be like asking the mafia not to murder townies.

You're darkside so to them, you're neutral or scum, thus expendable. You are going to die.

Reasoning with them is beyond futile. They want town victory, and they're gonna kill you and deny you whatever your victory is in the process.

You're done. Stand beside me, or watch them come for you. You pick.

@ Winston- you came to me in private and directly asked me if I was scum.

You're living in a fantasy of your own imagination, not what actually happened or is happening in this game. You're also taking things personally. At which point, you should walk away, it's just a game.

Winston Hughes said:
Based on your rather ill-advised comments in the thread, I guess I overestimated just how in the loop you were with Jarrema and co.

Makes me wonder: were you behind his murder?

Don't ask questions you don't want answers to.

And in the meantime, I've asked you to do precisely nothing for me except be my ally, and I gave you money for that.

I've asked you to move your vote, once. Derr, I would have for you too.

Exactly how is your version of events even REMOTELY what happened?

Apologize to me or go away.

Anyone comes up to me and instead of say, having evidence, or threatening me with death, manages to get a full blown confession out of me because you simply asked nicely and I thought it would be fun to play dangerously and take a risk you were neutral...

Turns around, understands that immediately not revealing me to the town makes you either scum or neutral. And the terms of such an alliance are simple: we don't kill each other.

I added on to it that I'd give you money for your personal goals. Didn't manage to do it every round, boo hoo.

You're unfit to be in an alliance with. I never committed any fault against you. You worked yourself up into a paranoid frenzy and left on your own accord. I'd forgive you the instant you stopped blaming me for any of it, and looked in the mirror.

You're guilty, Winston. Not of being scum, but of being a traitor in a mafia game. Hardly the worst crime someone can commit, since it's part of the game. But the reasons you're using for the betrayal, are absolute horse poop. You invented them yourself and sadly, managed to convince yourself.

It's just disappointing.

It's more or less the everyday drama of a factional game. There's distrust and betrayal. But I would have preferred being betrayed because you wanted to have fun doing it, not because you tricked yourself into thinking I'm someone you couldn't work with. I think I've demonstrated in dozens of games the capacity to be a useful ally to any number of factions.

You just forgot to pull me aside and go hey, I am thinking of leaving this alliance because I want more money. Oops, your fault, not mine.

Was gonna have a metric ton of fun this round trying desperately to build an impromptu alliance of folks who are ALL terrified of this monstrous town network, while trying to bull spit my way to glory, instead, I have to deal with this OOC unneeded drama.

Lame. On so many levels.

vote: Verarde - I think wasting a lynch on ATPG would hurt the town more than help it. The lack of serious discussion is killing the fun of the game.

Wwoua roa rauuonhaoo maoooiuvaaa! Rrriooau raauoroaaao vuuaoahoauoo roaauouonoaaaoa rraouuhouu rauuaa maioaaonuaoao.
<Good grief. Isn't it obvious that I'm a kriffin' Wookiee?! Vote: askthepizzaguy. This is a stupid attempt at trying to stay alive, and it won't work.>

Apparently you must have me on ignore, since I was trying to get Jarrema to talk, and present another option.

No, I skipped the last few posts, because I had like 100 posts to read, and skipped over that one.

This thread is way to spammy.

Look, I might have missed the part where ATPG claimed he was unlynchable, but wasn't that the situation in the previous Star Wars game? Can someone confirm this to me?

I'm calling Pizza's bluff. Vote: askthepizzaguy. His babbling has become, quite frankly, ridiculous, and I was forced to peruse far too many nonsensical posts to get to this point. I would much rather at least know whether we should be hunting his partners due to his invulnerability, rather than sitting around adding conjecture to this cycle of madness.

Can I get some clarification as to whether non-jedi can use lightsabers?

See. right here I should be smirking and feeling giddy, and instead, I don't even care.

Wooosh goes my caring about the outcome here. I am unlynchable, want me to tell you who my partners are, too?

Non jedi can't use lightsabers.

vote: Verarde - I think wasting a lynch on ATPG would hurt the town more than help it. The lack of serious discussion is killing the fun of the game.

No it won&#8217;t. First, what is to say that he actually is lynch immune? You won&#8217;t know until you try it. I certainly am not taking the target of the lynch&#8217;s word that he can&#8217;t be lynched.

Second, if he has one-time lynch immunity, then we need to get rid of that so we can actually lynch him. Leaving him with that immunity only makes it that much harder to get rid of him later.

Serious discussion is happening, but you will miss the finer points of it if you continue to skip over posts. Sure a lot of stuff is happening in the background, but what is stopping you from talking in the background too?

There are several people who have posted in a very townie like manner. If you are truly on the town&#8217;s side, or are interested in working with them, send one of these players a PM. Get the dialogue started.

Look, if someone wants to present a clear and rationale reason as to why we shouldn't lynch ATPG to test his ability, please let me know. What I'm seeing, however, is still a sizeable amount of bodies left in the game which gives us the flexibility to use this lynch to gather information.

4 credits for the Pistol.

I was loving this day, so exciting and so much fun.

I would like to reveal a fellow neutral's identity, just for the fun of it. Playing with all the cards on the table, that's where the fun is.

I actually wanted to reveal a couple weeks ago, but it is now when seemingly the game can be decided.

Although I'm with Pizza for the thrill, I'm still a neutral and MY VOTE IS UP FOR SALE. Wealth VC for the win, I say.

Top Bottom