[NFP] Kublai Khan Discussion Thread

Yeah, that's a grievance I have with that mod as well. It takes away various nerfs to the Civilizations and Leaders that made them unique. Gaul is another example of this, in my opinion.

I very much enjoy civs with a malus along with their bonuses and I wish there were more. You mentioned Gauls with their restricted district placement. Civs like Maya and Mali are among my favorites. I think Kongo not being able to found a religion counts as one, too. Soon we will have Vietnam to that list.

I very much enjoy civs with a malus along with their bonuses and I wish there were more. You mentioned Gauls with their restricted district placement. Civs like Maya and Mali are among my favorites. I think Kongo not being able to found a religion counts as one, too. Soon we will have Vietnam to that list.
100% agree. Asymmetrical civs are so much fun and interesting.

Kongo definitely has the malus/bonus design. Venice in Civ 5 would be the most extreme example of them all.

Kongo definitely has the malus/bonus design. Venice in Civ 5 would be the most extreme example of them all.

Kongo has the malus/bonus design but it's about something that you can fairly ignore (religion). I agree with you that Venice is the most extreme, because the malus concern the fundamental element of a civ game: founding city.
On the other end of the spectrum, we have Canada, for which the malus is barely consequential.

I agree with you. I'm writing a small and not at all serious monography on asymmetry in Civ 6... Nearly finished, will post it soon on the forum.

Ooh! Detailed discussions of game design? Count me in!

Get your questions ready. What should we ask?

So... what happens if your economic policy slots exceed your number of policies (as an example, Kubali+Owls of Minerva) Can you just... not fill the policy slot?

Ooh! Detailed discussions of game design? Count me in!

So... what happens if your economic policy slots exceed your number of policies (as an example, Kubali+Owls of Minerva) Can you just... not fill the policy slot?

It has already been answered that this issue has been fixed, so I presume it will just allow you to leave them blank If you don't have enough cards.

That seems clear. Civs like Germany can't fill their slots until they research the first civic.

Why civs like Germany? All civs start with 1 Military 1 Economic slot that they cannot fill until recieving first civic.

Firaxis confirmed on twitter that they have further refined his agenda to hating @Zaarin, and only Zaarin.

Finally a leader who won't hate me. Friendly Gilga once declared Surprise War on me, I am bitter ever since.

I don't remember any plays held in Marae... when I was at uni, we had our local Marae... and there was no play ( we didn't held Shakespearian play for example) unless you count Maori greetings as a play.

The Marae is the whole complex. Sometimes the theatre itself is even considered a Marae.

Bro, that is the meeting house (wharenui), one part of the Marae.
still, I maintain on the fact that there never has been plays being played at Marae.
anyway, let us get back to the topic. Please create another thread if you want to argue otherwise.

still, I maintain on the fact that there never has been plays being played at Marae.
anyway, let us get back to the topic. Please create another thread if you want to argue otherwise.

Yeah nah, bro. You are wrong. Look up Maori theatre. I mean, seriously, I have been to some...

Top Bottom