• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Kuriotates ... and their wortless expansion

I think a fun way to use the settlements would be to gather resources. Obviously that is already the case, but I am thinking about gaining bonuses like the corporations in vanilla BTS. You would have these huge cities gathering resources from far and wide, building mega cities (or even more mega as the case may be).

uuuuuh flying transports! I like it I like it I like it! it was one of the most awesome things in age of wonders and it would be awesome in FFH as well :D

Is there a reason settlements can not have the spells Wall of Stone or Hope cast in them? Would adding a little defense (at the expense of keeping a caster there) to one be overpowering?

How would these flying transports work? Would they air units that can carry cargo and re-base from city to city, or would they be like flying ships?

Letting them rebase could be a big advantage, as they could transport to the other side of the earth instantly, but also a big disadvantage since they couldn't get to an unoccupied island and couldn't fight ships.

I've found that giving a ship the Flying Promotion causes some problems. If the ship is carrying cargo then it will unload it instead of moving onto a land tile. I think I remember that some land terrains also seem to stay impassible to them, while others don't.

Is there a reason settlements can not have the spells Wall of Stone or Hope cast in them? Would adding a little defense (at the expense of keeping a caster there) to one be overpowering?

I think this is just because those spells are all broken right now. I believe I've used these spells there in earlier patches.

I like the idea of giving the Kuriotates some UUs that can be sacrificed to build Libraries, Markets, Carnivals, etc.

yea maybe bring back the caravan unit, but this time let the Kuros get it. At this time the settlements are nothing but a way to get additional goodies (except for sea goodies if you don't have a coastal city) for the "mega" cities (though due to happiness and health issues I rarely see them larger than 30, a size I can get with any civ). On flying unit thing, I think I am missing something how is that supposed to help the Kuros get water resources?

flying transport wouldn't help them to get water resources, it would help them waging intercontinental war without the need to waste a megacity on almost worthless sea tiles ;)

I honestly don't think that building a supercity near water is ever a good idea, as you get stuck with 2F 2C tiles. And on land you can get the Enclaves.

At least a building that would give more cash from seas would be fine.

the muai statues ( or whatstheirname ) would fit them very well btw, and solve the issue easily. they are already in BTS, there's no need to even code them in :D

I think the Kuriotates are fine, in one of my games my capitol built some strategic wonders and ended up having a economy comparable to whole nations and the main cities can produce units in an insane pace. Also, the peaceful victories is probably a better goal if you play this Civ.

I think the Kuriotates are fine, in one of my games my capitol built some strategic wonders and ended up having a economy comparable to whole nations and the main cities can produce units in an insane pace. Also, the peaceful victories is probably a better goal if you play this Civ.

The economy doesn't mean a thing if you can't invade other landmasses, and if a peaceful victory is your goal then you may still need to invade other landmasses to prevent other civs from beating you to a victory.

I just played a game with the Kuriotes, and it was the most convoluted game ever for me--I had to keep gifting the cities I took to my vassals to keep them from getting their borders overwhelmed by adjacent cities of their former owners. It really sucked to not be able to fight back aggressively in the cultural borders war.

I really like the flying transport UU idea--but aren't you planning on having an air-oriented civ eventually that would be a better candidate for an air transport? But I agree, Griffins need an upgrade option like Elephants as a perk for capturing them.

What about limiting settlements to working ring 1 tiles? They would still be highly limited, but would be able to build some things.

Top Bottom