La Nina turn tracking thread

Dude, I've seen your grapes! You cottaged over them!
:D I forgot about those... One of my newer cities. I put cottages their because at the time I did not have the ability to do wine and I thought the space should be used for something till I could...

That being said... Is my reasoning flawed? Cottage until you can do something else?

Also... what would be better: Calendar when I have bananas, spices, incense all over. Or Monarchy when I have one grape?

Monarchy = no more worries about happiness...

Twinkwards.

EDIT: If the wine has fresh water I'd have farmed it... it can be a strain to demolish a mature cottage. Probably put a cottage there if there is no fresh water. Grapes give +1 food (and some commerce) when you put a winery on them though.

EDIT2: Then again, not much need for happiness when you have monarchy, so keep the cottage unless you need +1 health from a grocer later.

You want to tech civic unlocking techs and make the most of your spiritual trait. I hope you have built libraries in your commerce cities...

How large are your cities though?

BTW, I emailed you about a trade rearrangement you might be interested in.

gpcii: from what i can tell, it looks like your main problem is low GDP.
You have a lot of cites and they are really spread out so I would guess that corruption & maintenance costs are killing you. Lots of courthouses might be your best bet to help that at least. Economy = technology

Or of course you could always gift a few choice cities to your good friend Felix! :groucho:
hehe

If you haven't got happiness worries in the ADs, your cities aren't large enough which probably means you didn't prioritise food when considering city placement. Or you have loads of happy resources.

6 turns till monarchy in 200AD is not good though... I'm 1 turn from paper (admittedly with representation, the great library, and a golden age ;))

Wasn't bragging. I know I am losing horribly. I'd like to blame it on a few things.

* New to PBEM - Always played against AI
* Did not know you could buy tech with advance start
* New to difficulty level
* New to being this civ
* Horrible snaky starting point
* Some bad decisions

Bottom line though is I have played badly and can blame nothing but myself and now I am just hanging on and learning in the process. Hopefully I will be better next time. Although I am in last place on my second game too.

Mansa is one of the best civs to play, normally you don't play him since he is so handy to trade with.

* Skirmishers one of the best early rush/anti-barb units - 2 techs away though from his starting techs
* Financial is good, spiritual good too
* Mints are good

He gives Liz and Gandhi a good run for culture, and Liz and Darius a good run for space.

Ah don't fret gpcii, it's a game, to be played for enjoyment. We're all at different points on the learning curve.

225 to PS

Any news on the whereabouts of the save yet?

Sorry for so many delays at my end recently.

I've been helping run two summer schools in the last two weeks and have been without internet access and a fully-functioning laptop.

I should be aright for a while now though I hope!

Top Bottom