Lair Redesign

Valkrionn

The Hamster King
Just to show progress is underway again... Here's a composite image of the overall lair design.

This shows just "priority" lairs (those being added/redone for 1.31), and does not show exploration results (which is the main reason for the upgrading lairs ;)). Still, it has quite a bit of info in it...

Be prepared for a very large image. ;)

Spoiler :

Just to show progress is underway again... Here's a composite image of the overall lair design.

This shows just "priority" lairs (those being added/redone for 1.31), and does not show exploration results (which is the main reason for the upgrading lairs ;)). Still, it has quite a bit of info in it...

Be prepared for a very large image. ;)

Spoiler :

Wow, that is like reviewing the plans for WWIII or something. ;)

It looks impressive, but I think the thing we are all looking forward to more ARE the results.

1. Frequency of results - not damn Orc Spearmen or Gold every time

2. Timing of results - no one wants a Lich or five Ogres on Turn 4

3. Adding new/missing items to results - bring back the Jade Torch, etc. and give us some new loot

4. Have legitimate ways of improving results that actually work.

5. Fixing the broken results - sorry, it's been so long since I played RiFE that I can't remember any, but there were some.

Looking forward to 1.31. Thanksgiving was missed, and we are 4 months and counting without a patch. Any chance of a :xmassign: or at least a :newyear: ????

Is this made with the mind manager software?

Also it looks like a pretty nice design document, how many other lairs will also be included?

Having a lair that foreshadows civ's you plan to include later is a neat idea - the kind of marketing that's done by mmos :p

So much diversity, twill be awesome, thanks for making me dreaming :lol:

But I wonder, because of that diversity, will there be more lairs than usually spawned ? And if so, will the randomly spawned barbarians (vyrkul, elementals, holy avengers, in particular) be more scarcely generated ? I suppose we'll have those options, like Living World...

Twould be fun to be able to recruit some of them too, perhaps depending on our alignment, techs, mana, resources available, etc.

Anyway, I'm still playing 1.30, this game is the best of it's genre :goodjob:

Having a lair that foreshadows civ's you plan to include later is a neat idea - the kind of marketing that's done by mmos :p
:goodjob:

So much diversity, twill be awesome, thanks for making me dreaming :lol:

But I wonder, because of that diversity, will there be more lairs than usually spawned ? And if so, will the randomly spawned barbarians (vyrkul, elementals, holy avengers, in particular) be more scarcely generated ? I suppose we'll have those options, like Living World...

Twould be fun to be able to recruit some of them too, perhaps depending on our alignment, techs, mana, resources available, etc.

Anyway, I'm still playing 1.30, this game is the best of it's genre :goodjob:

Not too many more lairs; For the most part, we're using existing lairs and simply redoing them. The only NEW lair is the Centaur Camp. There are multiple forms of each lair... But when the second level starts spawning, the first one stops.

You should not be seeing those barbarians; Are you using Fall Under?

Looks great :)

But what about animal lairs? Do they not get the same treatment?

I suggested adding another aquatic lair which would be demonic and spawn units akin to the Stygian Guards though :D

I suggested adding another aquatic lair which would be demonic and spawn units akin to the Stygian Guards though :D

Maybe a submerged temple or something? Rinwell Isle currently does this, but it would be cool to see a weaker version on non-deep ocean tiles.
If following OO there could be a benefit in keeping these temples in your borders.

Anyways, great to see this is getting underway.. what's happening with the minotaurs now then? Obviously they're not in dungeons anymore...

Valkrionn, yeah I use Fall Under, completely forgot I had it on.

Concerning the lairs, Opera spoke about an aquatic one, was wondering if there was a possibility of a twisted Aifon, AD&D Sahuagin like, or if the Aifon subject need not be awakened :mischief:

Also, another idea that just popped in my mind, a Warhammer Skaven like lair, kind of like wild Mustevals.

I also like the Labyrinth idea for Minotaurs.

Will there be a possibility for us to recruit them ?

Anyway, those are simple ideas, I never took the time to learn how to mod, I just read too much fantasy stuff. :lol:

Valkrionn, yeah I use Fall Under, completely forgot I had it on.

Concerning the lairs, Opera spoke about an aquatic one, was wondering if there was a possibility of a twisted Aifon, AD&D Sahuagin like, or if the Aifon subject need not be awakened :mischief:

Also, another idea that just popped in my mind, a Warhammer Skaven like lair, kind of like wild Mustevals.

I also like the Labyrinth idea for Minotaurs.

Will there be a possibility for us to recruit them ?

Anyway, those are simple ideas, I never took the time to learn how to mod, I just read too much fantasy stuff. :lol:

Aifon will never come in. Not in anything official (someone may make a mod, but it will remain a mod).

A musteval lair may well be possible. Same for the Labyrinth.

As for recruiting them... If you are at peace with barbs. IE, Clan. Else, no.

Animal lairs do not get the same treatment, no; They aren't explorable.

Also note there is only one demonic lair (Barrow), and no plans to add more. They are more or less an Orcish Barb mechanic.

Could a exception be made so animals can spawn even if a barbarian (lair) culture boarder is blocking it spawning? I noticed that I see less and less animals as they pop up.:sad:

Is the lair spawn rate going to be dropped a fair bit now? The lairs all have fairly strong guardians so it easily locks down a reasonable area from settling. At the moment there are portions of the world with so many lairs that the culture almost overlaps, making it almost impossible for the AI (can't focus its forces on these areas well), and somewhat difficult for the human to clear out.

Top Bottom