Laptop help needed: How to quickly drain the battery?

ArneHD

Just a little bit mad
I have a somewhat bizarre request, but I would like to know if there is a way to quickly drain a battery without removing it from the laptop.

The reason is that I recently spilt some soda on my laptop (it's four years old, getting a new one soon) and this had some sort of weird effect on the battery. Specifically, it stopped the screen from working properly.

The screen, when I am using battery power, or I am not recharging the battery will suddenly loose all brightness. This problem is alleviated when I drain the battery, since it seems that when I am recharging the battery, the screen shows a more or less normal brightness. Perhaps it drains the power supply directly, I don't know.

Anyway, does anyone here know how to quickly drain a battery without removing it? (I don't have the tools to remove it).

Defrag your hard drive. that'll keep the CPU and the drive working full time. Read stuff off the optical drive at the same time will use even more.

There's probably some kind of maximum/full power setting that you can turn on. That'll make it run as fast and hard has possible. The only other thing you could do would be to throw a dvd or something in and run that as well, so the dvd drive is running constantly.

Top Bottom