Last albums you bought/received

De Lorimier

North American Scum
My birthday was ten days ago and I received some nice gift certificates from by brother. It's not a crappy gift, I asked for these things.

Anyway, I went dowtonw today and used them. I bought myself 1984 by Orwell and Les Fourmis by Boris Vian. These are great books missing from my collection. One problem solved.

With the money that was left, my bro is quite generous, I bought two cds.

The hardest way to make an easy living by The Streets. The Streets is more or less a one-man rap band fronted by Mike Skinner. Quite good and different from what's done in the States. Those of you who critizice rap in the usual 'do you like rap' threads would make yourself a favor by checking him out.

The second album I bought is Walk the Line by Johnny F*cking Cash. I LOVE Johnny Cash. He's my favorite american icon. The crap coming out of Nashville these days is not country music, it's p*ssy music. Cash's voice and sound is up there with the best and will be remembered forever. This is a double album, a compilation of his earliest original SUN recordings. Simply awesome.

What's new in your cd case?

100 Demons - 100 Demons.

To be honest I picked it up because it had a nice cover... but i'm quite pleased.

Haven't listened to it since the first day though, I still have other things to listen to.

I recently bought the new Covenant album, Skyshaper. I like it:)

For those who haven't heard of them they are an electronic music band, think EBM/industrial/goth.

Lozzy_Ozzy said:
100 Demons - 100 Demons.

To be honest I picked it up because it had a nice cover... but i'm quite pleased.

Haven't listened to it since the first day though, I still have other things to listen to.
Never heard of this. What is it?

Luckily I got it before a judge halted the sales of Ready to Die.

"The Streets" rings a bell, but i don't recall any particular song.
The last album i bought was "Resound" from "Ugress"
In the words of the author: "electronic cinematronic poptronic funksamplic music".
Edit: You can actually listen to some tracks for free. Example

franz ferdinant live DVD is delicious, a must buy!

Till said:
"The Streets" rings a bell, but i don't recall any particular song.

Try 'The Irony Of It All'. Hilarious!

Last album I bought: some pianotrios written by Mozart, can't recall the artists. And frankly I don't care. I just listen.

Morcheeba - Antidote.

Eran of Arcadia said:
The last albums are 2 CDs of Church music I bought 2 years ago (I am fairly sure no one here would recognize them). They are the only albums I have bough in the last 4 years.

I think you're assuming we're all heathens who would listen to CDs backward to get Satanic messages if we could.:satan: :band: Generally true, but despite a heavy influence of Tool and Faith No More I still like other "nice" music.

De Lorimier said:
Never heard of this. What is it?

Metal... deathish. Some of the songs are ok, some aren't.

Personally I wouldn't buy it again though, its pretty good (if you like that kind of thing) but there are far better albums out there!

Danghis Khan said:
I think you're assuming we're all heathens who would listen to CDs backward to get Satanic messages if we could.:satan: :band: Generally true, but despite a heavy influence of Tool and Faith No More I still like other "nice" music.

No, I like Metallica and other kinds of music, I'm just saying that I don't buy much music and these albums are fairly obscure.

Kalmah: The Black Waltz

They're similar to Children of Bodom, but with less shrieky vocals, and still keeping the great solos:D

Last thing I got was a bluegrass band named the Duhks, and a compilation of Bruce Cockburn's greatest hits (rebe-e-e-e-e-ls....in a dangerous time!)

Last album I bought was F#A# Infinity by Godspeed You Black Emperor. It's nice to hear some of their older stuff, though I still think Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennaes to Heaven is their best album by far.

Top Bottom