Votes: 41 57.7%
  • No, keep it as is

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • No, but every civ should have 1 UB and 1 UU

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • No, but civilizations need more variety

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters
I guess when I suggested giving every civ a unique improvement, I meant in practical terms a uniquely enhanced improvement.

So you wouldn't need unique graphics to be designed. Simply take existing improvements and give them a conditional bonus. Nothing simple like (extra +1 gold on forts). Make it multidimensional like Pachacuti's terrace farm that has you scanning the landscape for hills surrounded by mountains on multiple sides, or Ramahamawhatsies Moai statues benefiting from being surrounded by coast.

With so many varied terrain types and resources it could add a fun incentive to explore and settle unique terrain features (much like Isabella- you have an agonising decision every time you find a natural wonder if it is worth trying to settle on it).

Simply take existing improvements and give them a conditional bonus.
Can you think of 20 different, interesting, balanced and flavorful conditional bonuses for terrain improvements? I can't.

Our options with improvements are very limited with the current modding tools... any significantly new improvements would require access to the game core.

Top Bottom