Leaderhead creation

Why is this the perfect place to discuss something noose related? Now I am intrigued.

Something top secret, which is related to Civ 5 leaderhead creation and hanging people?:confused: Or another game of hangman on these forums?:lol:

If leaderhead creation related, I'm going to guess a leader in some way connected to hanging- that was hanged or that had other people hanged. Oliver Cromwell?

You just missed a perfect opportunity to spread the noose. I'm disappointed.

No leaks allowed (anymore). :scan:

SMcM, it's just a running gag in some circles about myself getting overly depressed and borderline suicidal when seeing great artwork, because I can't draw/model/sculpt like that, and I never will.

No leaks allowed (anymore). :scan:

SMcM, it's just a running gag in some circles about myself getting overly depressed and borderline suicidal when seeing great artwork, because I can't draw/model/sculpt like that, and I never will.

Well, that's pretty dark humor, I regret asking! Anyway, regarding you modeling, I thought your sculpt of Louis XIV on your Facebook looked very good (but then personally being someone who lacks any artistic ability, I suppose I'd be the last person to know). I was not sure whether you thought something looked wrong with that, or were you just concerned you would have trouble trying to animate it?

It is secret of Polichinelle that all modders were toning down their art in civ 5 so JanBoruta could get better. Leugi even retired.

Typical artist drama :p and Polish dream of being the very best. Now I have to rethink my life, because I will never beat 100m world record, so many mistakes made.

Anyway, regarding you modeling, I thought your sculpt of Louis XIV on your Facebook looked very good (but then personally being someone who lacks any artistic ability, I suppose I'd be the last person to know). I was not sure whether you thought something looked wrong with that, or were you just concerned you would have trouble trying to animate it?

I am no 3D modeller at all, that sculpt was just a trial, an attempt to see if I can make something looking half-decent. Doubtful I'll have a lot of time to learn 3D at all in the near future.

Well, that's pretty dark humor, I regret asking!
Typical artist drama :p and Polish dream of being the very best. Now I have to rethink my life, because I will never beat 100m world record, so many mistakes made.

It's humor for now, and helps me get a bit of a distance to myself, but it is becoming a real issue. I'm unhappy with myself and my skills as of recent and have a very grim outlook on my future as an artist - to the point I more and more frequently feel I should quit. But it's not the best topic for public discussion, enough of being a drama queen for today.

Yes, indeed those civ 6 leader models are great, especially animations are outstanding. We can only hope that some professional 3D makers will contribute toward civ 6 community and who knows we may even seen Firaxis's quality leader done so I could admire it with Quite Diplomacy on and Leader Animations off.
For example the dota 2's workshop is being flooded with highly detailed and animated stuff created by community regularly (though they can got paid for it, and it took also a lot of time).

Okay, before I am gonna start whine that Firaxis spend all its resources on crappy graphics... :( back to topic, I found this great Play Doh tutorial:
link

Hint: You can lock selection with Enter, I found out. :) I noticed some new Play Doh models, all are great, my favourite is obviously a magic pony/raichu or whatever it is called. Have more fun.

It's humor for now, and helps me get a bit of a distance to myself, but it is becoming a real issue. I'm unhappy with myself and my skills as of recent and have a very grim outlook on my future as an artist - to the point I more and more frequently feel I should quit. But it's not the best topic for public discussion, enough of being a drama queen for today.

The Civ modding community would sorely miss you. Despite your self-doubt you have many, many fans, and I hope you stick with it even if only within the context of civ as the community is richer for your contributions.

Just so you know.

The Civ modding community would sorely miss you. Despite your self-doubt you have many, many fans, and I hope you stick with it even if only within the context of civ as the community is richer for your contributions.

Just so you know.

This is very true. Jan is clearly a much appreciated member of this community, and his artwork really brought to life many of the mods for Civ 5, as well as setting a high standard for other modders to aspire to for their art.

Something unrelated; has anyone else noticed Sukritact's new avatar?

Didn't mean to say I quit - just that I was in such a bad mood I thought it would be more economically sustainably to quit and get a normal job. I am not quitting doing artwork for mods and don't plan for it at all at this point. I wrote all that when I was in a terrible point of an extreme mood swing, sorry for that.

Sukritact is on a roll with new 3D leaderheads. :D

What kind of eurocentrism is this? World is much bigger than Italy.

So, after playing around I am gonna share leader of a bit more obscure civilization:
Spoiler :

I have no idea who that is, but I'm going to guess Kievan Rus', just because of that ushanka.

Lol, I started making this before the leak. I'm probably am going to refocus on non-european leaders henceforth.
European ones are fine too. :)

The hat is called Magyarka (I don't know english form, Magierka in Polish, it can be also called "Hungarian Hat") with Szkofia (feathers+jewelry decoration). Uszanka is covering ears (uszy - ears). The leader is hungarian prince, Stephen Báthory (16th century), so eurocentrism all the way.
He wasn't rather the most important leader in the world history, though obviously the very best one. Jk.

From all my play-doh experience he turned out the most promising, so I am gonna work on him for some time (between searching Dota games). I found the gold colour problematic, I always leaned towards "reddish" than "greenish", but then I saw Victoria (very desaturated green) and Tomyris (I have even play with saturation here and I think she looks better with a bit more "reddish" gold). It is probably too bright now.
Overall apparition is based on Jan Matejko's paintings.

And I think I can declare that I would like to make this one into civ 6, when the time comes (obviously I am fine if somebody else also wants to make him :)). Anyway I am gonna work on him from time to time. I am a bit concerned, because Poland probably turned into a DLC, which especially with quite weird leader choice leads me to believe that they have prepared some gimmicky imba trait (urgh... maybe even civ6 "Diplomatic Marriage"). Because who would buy Jadwiga's Poland otherwise (well, civ5 dlcs were "stronger" as well, so nothing new).

What kind of eurocentrism is this? World is much bigger than Italy.

So, after playing around I am gonna share leader of a bit more obscure civilization:
Spoiler :

I already liked your Stephen Bathory leader, but I love the changes you have made!

I can't imagine I'll be buying DLC till quite a while after launch, when I will presumably be able to buy several DLC at a discount. Jadwiga and Isabella (especially now Phillip II is in the game) aren't actually that exiting to me, but I imagine plenty of mods will depend on them, and so I will probably want to get them in the long term.

I wanna see new modded leaders such as Naresuan, Narai, Phibunsongkhram for Siam.

Well, first somebody's got to make Siam. Having said that, if Sukritact's take on Siam is as good as his Ramkhamhaeng leaderhead, that won't be a problem.

Top Bottom