1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaderhead Database and Request thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by TheLastOne36, Feb 27, 2009.

1. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Otto I of HRE would not be a bad idea either.

And about this discussion... i just remembered a quote by a guy we all know which really points out that the discussion were kind of not-really-necessary. Otto von -------- (Kudos to the first guy who guess his full name)
    "History is simply a piece of paper covered with print; the main thing is still to make history, not to write it."
    Basically we are discussing a piece of paper covered with print, but as the quote also sais, there are more important things. So i say that if we really should discuss history, lets discuss the feud between China and Japan with the deaths during the WWII. That is a still ongoing dispute, and to finish that dispute would indeed be to make history, but I do not really think we are capable of doing that.... but still.

2. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Hell yeah.

I'm starting to get a little pissed by this European :):):):):):):):), if you want to get down to it you guys started both world wars, started this crap with Israel, started Vietnam, etc. The fact of the matter is Europe had all the power until they decided to implode upon themselves and fight a bunch of wars, and then one of your colonies became strongest now you detest it, get over it, we are the spawn of your enlightenment, perhaps not perfect, but you made the US. Don't be jealous that it wound up surpassing you.

If you really wanna get all Euro-nationalist on us at least hone up to what you've done. Stop acting like we started anything, you guys woke up the sleeping giant that was America, we were isolationist and didn't want anything to do with any of this and you all insisted on dragging us in. I'm tired of hearing this crap. :):):):) OFF.

EDIT: I tried to be nice and neutral about this, but there is only so far I can go before I gotta step in and be a douche, plus I'm drunk.

3. SIMPA

SIMPA Prince

;)
    What the fu...k!!!???
    Camon guys if we can have america swordsman and knight then we can have EU as a nation too....
    I really dont understand why is this gone so far it is a GAME...
    For me it is strange when playing civ and I get attack by american knight...:mischief::cry:....but it is game so gather up guys this is just become STUPID...:crazyeye::crazyeye:
    I see Texas,California made as civ and no one wrote nothing negative about that so I dont undertand why is this such a big deal to you USA...
    The Capo;)

4. kochman

kochman Deity

The point of watching the movie isn't to defend my country's foreign relations.
    It is so you can see the suffering Americans went through over Europe's problems. We really could have just stayed isolated, but in the end, we threw in with the good guys.

I don't go around demanding grateful behavior, but completely unsolicited USA bashing is annoying as hell, and based on being ungrateful.

5. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

My country did the same thing, though admittedly we were very tied economically to Britain at the time so I guess we were protecting our interests somewhat. Regardless, a lot of us fought and died for Europe, including one of my grandfathers.

Of course since then Britain left us high and dry on our export arrangement, France sent terrorists to bomb us and tested nuclear weapons in our backyard. Some thanks huh? I dislike EU politics as much as I dislike American.

You solicit it with statements like this one, made in any of your posts in this discussion. You think USA bashing is annoying, well it's not as annoying as someone saying we shouldn't bash America we should instead be grateful. Should we be grateful for America illegally invading and occupying countries? Or for interfering in and even overthrowing democratically elected governments? Or for refusing to adequately reign in or punish a greedy Wall Street that caused financial hardship worldwide? And don't even get me starting on the hypocrisy of nuclear weapons.

All that happened/is happening in my lifetime, yet the heroism of Easy Company was long before. See why gratitiude is difficult for us? Europe is just as bad, if not worse.

Normally I refrain from rants like this, and this forum is certainly not the place for it. But your delusional belief that we shouldn't bash the USA because we are 'ungrateful'... sorry that just boils my blood.

EDIT: To make it clear, I am not European (though I have European ancestry) and I live in New Zealand.

6. kochman

kochman Deity

That is pretty typical of NZ... basically a lot of young, displaced "eurobrats" who think they know so much but have never really experienced anything major in life...
    "Eurobrats" being defined as the under 30 crowd of the western world who picks on the USA because being so large and influential we are an easy target and it makes you seem cool.
    Your USA bashing is petty, but that's the culture you are growing up in, a culture that wants to criticize the USA... I would recommend that you look at history "in toto", instead of picking and choosing this and that thing to complain about, but I realize that would make you unpopular where you live, so don't worry about it.

As I said before, go ahead, bash and/or hate the USA... we will be there to bail you New Zealanders out, too, whether you appreciate it or not... or do you think you stopped the Japanese without the USA doing the large majority of the work/dying in that theatre? (That, by the way, is why you should have gratitude, because we would suffer like Easy Company did TODAY to save you if that situation arose).
    Don't answer that question, it was rhetorical.

Xyth, sorry, but I am done responding to you... you are not on the ignore list, I just realize that debating this with you about this about as productive as banging one's head in one's car door again and again and again, and slightly more painful. You think you know a lot... and there is no telling you otherwise. The folly of youth.

7. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I've decided to no longer partake in this discussion, and suggest everyone do the same. :goodjob:

8. SIMPA

SIMPA Prince

I am so so so sorry Kochman,my apologies to everyone but you're really mentally limited...
    Once again my deepest apologies to you, but this is crossed all limits of tolerance...

9. kochman

kochman Deity

Oh, because you don't like what I am saying, I am "mentally limited"?
    I really don't care what you think about me, but thanks for the insult. Your apology is not accepted.

Capo, I am with you... done with this talk...

10. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

I'm 32, and a father. I'm a Maori/Welsh/Canadian/Ukrainian hybrid, you're possibly more European than I am.

Besides (obviously) NZ where I was born I have lived and worked in Canada, the US, Germany, Greece, Iran and I've travelled to many more countries than that. I've been part of a peacekeeping force in East Timor and Afghanistan (where my fellow troops were charged with war crimes because they were forced to quietly hand over POWs - some innocent - to the US military who subsequently tortured them). I've had a family friend killed by French terrorists, and another killed in 9/11. Any of that count as "anything major in life"?

The folly of assumption.

You are misguided if you think we bash the US (or Europe) cos it's an easy target. The reality is simple: the decisions made by the American/European governments affect the lives of people in my country and indeed most countries. However we don't get a vote or a say in those decisions so we have to hope and trust that American/European citizens will vote for good leaders that make good decisions. So far we've been mostly disappointed and thus we express our outrage.

There is a LOT to be grateful to America for. Hell, you guys invented the Blues, Jazz, and Rock n Roll. Those alone make you one of the greatest countries on Earth. I own an iPhone and I type this on my MacBookPro; America has lead the way in many forms of technology and the whole world has benefitted. Don't think for a moment that I am not immeasurably grateful for all that.

You however seem to be stuck on WW2. That was 65 years ago mate, the world has changed a bit since then. And not once have I stated that we should not be grateful for America's support in the World Wars. But that was then, this is now and I see extremely little reason to be grateful to American military/foreign policy - in fact I see a hell of a lot to condemn it.

11. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

kochman and I are shifting our debate to PMs (which we should have done sooner). I apologize for my part in the derailment of this thread.

12. kochman

kochman Deity

Well said. I also apologize for it.

13. Justin 12345

Justin 12345 Chieftain

Anyone wanna make me a fidel castro leaderhead and a ralph wiggum leaderhead?(simpsons character)

14. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

In CivGold is a Castro leaderhead. Not sure if he is in the database.

15. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

Yep, Fidel is not in the DB, which is weird, but he is in a lot of mods (not including mine, I don't have Cuba in my mod).

16. Justin 12345

Justin 12345 Chieftain

so where would i find him?

17. avain

avain (key)

18. Justin 12345

Justin 12345 Chieftain

19. Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees Chieftain

Can Somone possibly make me a Jason Voorhees (fictional killer from Friday the 13th) leaderhead

I think the best base for him would be Brennus of the Celts if you were to remove everything (beard moustache hair cape tunic etc)

for his shirt i would just make chairmen Moa's shirt an make it green because i dont see a leader with a tee shirt and open jaket (but if you could make one that would be awsome)

You really wont need to worry about facial deitails because he is always wearing his hockey mask i dont know what one could use to make that

this would be my prefered backround

Pacal II's animation would best suit Jason i my mind

20. kochman

kochman Deity

What nation did he lead again?