Leaderheads' eyes and weird eyelashes!

Reveilled

Warlord
Basically, this problem only appeared with the patch. And it's irritating. Not gamebreaking, of course, but it bugs me nevertheless.

Only some leaders, like Washington and the Inca dude appear to be affected, though.

Anyone know what's wrong? I'd much appreciate any help.

Edit: they look like the mad profet in the movie (of the book) 'The name of the rose...

Other thing: Leaders who are 'friendly' or 'pleased' to you, are nevertheless
sometimes making very nasty remarks to you. Make no sense.

Asperge

I have the same problem, except that almost all of the leaders have this problem.

The problem seems to be that the eyeballs have been lowered a little bit relative to the rest of the model. BTW, the eyeballs are a separate model from the rest. You can see this quite clearly if you play the game on a really really slow PC (like my laptop -- which is why I don't try to play on it ;) the eyeballs and mouth will load first, then the skin will load.

I'm having this problem, too. Like you said, it's not gamebreaking, but really annoying (and kinda scary). Didn't have this problem before the patch. Graphics card is NVidia GeForce 440.

Same effect here, with certain leaders. Its really annoying.
I have an Nvidia GeForce graphics card too. Maybe its a problem with the card adapting to the game?

Still...
You shouldn't have to turn off low-res textures to fix something as simple as eyeballs.
Besides, some of us, when we turn off low-res textures, get about 2 fps

just wanted to say that older graphicscard models are specifficly not supported because of the whay that civ4 handles the models and positioning.... be happy that you can even play the game atall, seems to me that your graphics issues could be more fatal for gamplay than old commander in chiefs eyes, you know.... I have a friggn 7800gtx and my movies stutter, and on my laptop the game doesn't even install, I'm upset.

Same problem here on a GeForce 3. Low textures and other settings do not have an effect.

glad to see i'm not the only to experience the eyes bug.
i have a geforce2 mx 400 (that's old, iKnow) and i would say that half of the leaders have blank eyes.

It's just the additional work put on the graphics card by the 1.52 patch (part of the changes intended to reduce memory use). Those of us with cards below the recommended level get to enjoy a few new glitches. :)

Top Bottom