1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaderscreen Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Viregel, Nov 12, 2013.

1. truenarnian

truenarnian Emperor

Ashurbanipal - 16
    Theodora - 8
    Harald Bluetooth - 15
    Pachacuti - 19
    Gajah Mada 13
    Pacal - 18
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 15
    Shaka - 9

I like Harold's screen, but how did he have the lead?! I can't agree to him winning this thing. People complained about the weird view of the Turk, and this view is just as weird. And he greets you from his ship...even if you meet him in the middle of a desert. I actually like this screen a lot, the ship is a nice touch, but over-acted a little in my opinion, and except for the ship, no other standout parts of the screen.

Up with Shaka. A few people really slag on him, I know, and I'm trying to see their criticisms, but I just can't. I think this is a beautiful screen. The only fault I find with it is one no one has mentioned so far: it's a little busy in the foreground. But Zulu is a great spoken language, and this is well voiced. Elephant heads are a nice touch. I feel that one of the criticisms leveled against him was borderline racial, which kind of bums me out. Less advanced technology does not equal less valuable people or culture. This forum is better than that.

2. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Warlord

Ashurbanipal - 16
    Theodora - 8
    Harald Bluetooth - 15
    Pachacuti - 20
    Gajah Mada 13
    Pacal - 18
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 15
    Shaka - 6

I'm sorry, I just love Pachacuti's screen so much! :(

but Shaka Zulu's screen eh.... not really digging the elephant skulls. Plus they got his head dress all wrong! :mad:

3. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

Ashurbanipal - 16 - 3= 13 The second giant is going down, I just generally hate Assyria
    Theodora - 8
    Harald Bluetooth - 15 + 1= 16 Why is this getting so many down votes, it's epic, and he walks off when he is defeated. HE SHOWS AN ACTUAL REACTION WHEN HE'S DEFEATED.
    Pachacuti - 20
    Gajah Mada 13
    Pacal - 18
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 15
    Shaka - 6: I would try to save Shaka, but that's just hopeless

4. Lord Xavius

Lord Xavius Mostly Lurking

Ashurbanipal - 13
    Theodora - 8
    Harald Bluetooth - 17 (I'll give some support to the viking king. He's full of personality, looks cool (love his helmet), and has a cool ship.)
    Pachacuti - 17 (That chessboard dress is just distracting. Nice background, though.)
    Gajah Mada 13 (Sorry, Gajah, but I think you might be a bit too divisive to win this fight.)
    Pacal - 18
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 15
    Shaka - 6

5. Væringjar

Væringjar Warlord

Ashurbanipal - 14 Wonderful and Epic building, I love his palace.
    Theodora - 5 <snip>
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 17
    Gajah Mada 13
    Pacal - 18
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 15
    Shaka - 6

Moderator Action: Inappropriate reason removed.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

6. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Why do people say 'no offense' before saying something blatantly offensive? We don't do it with other things, "Please don't die, but I'm going to shoot you in the head."

7. Væringjar

Væringjar Warlord

8. Teproc

Teproc King

Ashurbanipal - 14
    Theodora - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 17
    Gajah Mada 13 - 3 = 10
    Pacal - 18
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 15
    Shaka - 6 + 1 = 7

<snip>

Don't let Shaka die people, he needs to at least be in the top 5 !

Gajah Mada has a good screen, good animation... but it's not that special. All the other screens have a little something extra that makes them great, whereas Gajah Mada's screen is just solid all around, which isn't good enough anymore.

Moderator Action: Discussion of inappropriate reason removed.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

9. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

10. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Ashurbanipal - 14
    Theodora - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 17
    Gajah Mada -10
    Pacal - 18
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 15-3=12 nice Venetian scene, but I'm still wondering why Enrico is not in the Ducal Palace and on some random bridge during the night
    Shaka - 7+1=8 Shaka's screen makes sense, he's at his kraal or at a ikhanda

11. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Ashurbanipal - 15
    Theodora - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 17
    Gajah Mada 7

Pacal - 18
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 12
    Shaka - 8

-3 to Shrek cosplayer Gajah Mada. SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME THE WOOORLD IS GONNA ROLL MEEE-
    Anyway, I'm goin' in on his swamp and downvoting him. Down with the Ogrelord, his presence in this thread will soon be Ogre.

+1 to Ash, because I don't want to upvote Dandy yet again. He has a great beard, his leaderscreen looks awesome and his voice is amazing, even if he talks about curbing shoes for some reason.

12. Loucypher

Loucypher King

Ashurbanipal - 15
    Theodora - 6
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 17
    Gajah Mada - 7
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 12
    Shaka - 8

I think people give Theodora too much schtick for looking like a lazy slob. She looks like she positioned herself in a luxerious way, contemplating over your doom as you DOW her. The background sells it though, it's simply spectacular. I hope a few others leave before she does.
    Pacal is going down. There's too much about this screen that kind of irks me. His voice doesn't help matters either. It all just doesn't work as well as a top 10 screen should for me.

13. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Ashurbanipal - 15
    Theodora - 7
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 17
    Gajah Mada - 4
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 12
    Shaka - 8

THEODORA
    Theodora is in power, and she knows it. You walk enter her room while she lays spread on a couch, and what happens? Were it any other leader, they would hurry up and shower you with formalities. But Theodora doesn't bother with that. She is an empress indulging a life of luxury, she doesn't care for your silly diplomatic formalities. She knows what you are, and she knows what she is - in charge.

She rests upon the balcony overlooking her empire's capitol, with the Hagia Sophia in the background. Two wonders in one screen. Truly, a great leaderscreen.

GAJAH MADA
    Some people may say that it's different form other random field leader, and it is, but only slightly. The only real separation it has from the other ones is that it has a building in the corner of the background, obscured by trees and fog. Other than that, it's just him standing shirtless in a foggy, gloomy field with some trees in the background. He's Napoleon without the horse.

Whether or not the field is supposed to grow rice really doesn't make a difference, it still looks like nothing more than an empty field. It truly is the last 'not good' leaderscreen left, and until it goes, I'll be painting it red in all of my posts.

14. Biologist

Biologist Emperor

I think Gajah looks more like the Dwemer guy from Morrowind than an ogre.

Ashurbanipal - 15
    Theodora - 4 Just because Theodora is supposed to look like a courtesan doesn't mean she has to be a lazy courtesan too. It's as if she can barely summon up the effort to meet with you for vital diplomatic discussions.
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 17
    Gajah Mada - 4
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 12
    Shaka - 9 Shaka's screen conveys exactly the right atmosphere. I, for one, would not be quickly dismissive of a guy who can take down elephants with a spear.

15. Væringjar

Væringjar Warlord

Ashurbanipal - 16 Wonderful and Epic building
    Theodora - 1 Same reason I said before
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 17
    Gajah Mada - 4
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 12
    Shaka - 9

16. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

Ashurbanipal - 15
    Theodora - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 17
    Gajah Mada - 1
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 12
    Shaka - 9

I can't say this enough how much I love Theodora screen lovely architecture and music.

Gajah Mada you are going down!

I skipped Pisik's vote known as someone else now, for his vote is invalid for he waited only 3 hours instead of about a day until he could vote again.

17. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

EDIT, Fuzz ninja'd me, corrected my gajah vote, and you added 4 to Theo...she should be 2 before I kick her out.

Ashurbanipal - 16
    Theodora - 0
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 17
    Gajah Mada - 2
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 12
    Shaka - 9

Voting for Gajah because he's getting childlishly downvoted, I've stated my reasons before, its a very good leaderscreen with good ambience and animation.

Taking Theodora out, I got to kick her out, while she was a prostitute the leaderscreen represents her as an EMPRESS, I see the seductive and decadent part, Im missing the strong regal empress part. she had to go.

18. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

Is Theodora actually out? I haven't a clue what's been going on in the past few posts.

19. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Huh, it's all men from this point on.

Ashurbanipal - 16
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 18
    Gajah Mada - 0
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 12
    Shaka - 9

Pachacuti: I've really said everything I want to say at this point. Essentially, he's the leader who I never tire of seeing.
    Gajah Mada: I'm sorry, but this is the blandest of those remaining.

20. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Fuzzatron said there was a double vote (tho I dont see it), Im not sure now.