Leaderscreen Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Viregel, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Tinker

Tinker Prince

Ashurbanipal - 13
    Harald Bluetooth - 17
    Pachacuti - 18
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 12
    Shaka - 10

Man, hard choices, all of these are great. It's just.. Shaka may not have the best design, but I love seeing him because his body language is fantastic - the animations are top notch. Similarly, I think Ashurbanipal's is pretty great looking, but he's so stiff and formal, and looks like an angry librarian (which might be correct, but hey).

2. truenarnian

truenarnian Emperor

I can't vote for 5 more hours, but I just noticed that the rationale seems to be getting more thoughtful and precise, and wanted to thank everyone for putting the effort in. It makes for an even better thread, and I've learned a bunch of things from reading, aesthetically and historically!

3. jlim201

jlim201 King

Ashurbanipal - 13
    Harald Bluetooth - 18- Win, you energetic Viking!
    Pachacuti - 15- Extremely similar to Pacal, just with an orangy touch. He is much more boring though.
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 12
    Shaka - 10

4. Monado

Monado King

Ashurbanipal - 13
    Theodora - 2
    Harald Bluetooth - 18
    Pachacuti - 15
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 12
    Shaka - 10

Ishbuga voted twice today. Fuzzatron corrected the vote afterwards, but his correction was ignored. Ehecazin accidentally removed 5 votes, not 3 from Theodora because of the confusion.

99% sure its fixed :)

EDIT: Viregel, the elimination order in the OP needs an edit as well.

5. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

Post 508 and 516 which are voted in by the same person with in 3 hours.

6. Monado

Monado King

Ashurbanipal - 13
    Theodora - 3
    Harald Bluetooth - 18
    Pachacuti - 15
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 9
    Shaka - 10

-3 Dandolo: I want to see something magnificent from Dandolo. I thought St Mark's Basilica would have been a much better back ground for him. I just don't find much special about some random canal.

+1 Theodora: The leader screen is based of two pieces of famous artwork of Theodora. The developers did a great job combining the two, while adding a great view from the palace.

Theodora, remaining seated, makes me feels like she is more apathetic about her guests. Maybe she's busy in though....planning their demise.

7. Bcjeff8

Bcjeff8 Chieftain

Ashurbanipal - 13
    Theodora- 0
    Harald Bluetooth - 18
    Pachacuti - 15
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo- 10
    Shaka - 10

-3 Theodora: I would have liked to see Theodora be more lively. I dislike how all she does is lay around. I wish she would do more like Harald or Pachacuti

+1 Enrico Dandolo: I really like this screen. It has all the right elements that make a screen great; good background, good sounds, and good leader.

8. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::suicide:[pissed]:faint::aargh::aargh::nono::(:(:(:( It can not be Theodora I can't believe this WHY!!!

9. truenarnian

truenarnian Emperor

Ashurbanipal - 13
    Harald Bluetooth - 15
    Pachacuti - 15
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo- 10
    Shaka - 11

These are all good screens, but I gots to vote...

Harald takes the wooden spoon today: he looks down on you at an odd angle; it's just him and his ship; I find him to be over-animated. The downside to the ship is that the angle it gives us doesn't allow me to see the fjords or any background whatsoever. That's an important part of a top screen for me. If there was a background, this would be my top 3. Instead, it doesn't make my top 5. Which is a shame, because I love the uniqueness of the ship.

Shaka looks good, sounds good, moves interestingly, good foreground, good back ground, nice palette. I especially like the geographic feature in the background. Is it a specific feature in Kwa'Zulu? Top 3 screen for me.

10. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

Ashurbanipal - 13 - 3= 10: My opinion is still the same
    Harald Bluetooth - 15 + 1= 16: Win this, my Viking padawan
    Pachacuti - 15
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo- 10
    Shaka - 11

11. Moraiwe

Moraiwe Warlord

Ashurbanipal - 10 +1 = 11: Great voice. Love the thumping of the book when angered.
    Harald Bluetooth - 16
    Pachacuti - 15
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo- 10 -3=7: The most famous of Venetian Doges can't pronounce the Venetian word for "Doge".
    Shaka - 11

12. monad

monad Chieftain

Ashurbanipal - 11
    Harald Bluetooth - 16 - 3 = 13: too cartoony and overhyped for putting on a helmet
    Pachacuti - 15
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo- 7 + 1 = 8: nice attention to details; beautiful background
    Shaka - 11

edit: now taking into account Moraiwe's post

13. thegingerninja

thegingerninja Warlord

Ashurbanipal - 11
    Harald Bluetooth - 13
    Pachacuti - 15
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo- 8 + 1 = 9: A beautiful and intimidating leader screen
    Shaka - 11 - 3 = 8: I feel very... unimpressed, im more intimidated by Enrico

I didnt get to vote on it but I detest Kammy I will say why later

14. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

Ashurbanipal - 8 I like outdoors elements, which this doesn't have. Still an impressive leaderscreen, but someone has to go
    Harald Bluetooth - 13
    Pachacuti - 15
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 10 So beautiful to look at. Please finish top 5 at the very least!
    Shaka - 8

15. Biologist

Biologist Emperor

Ashurbanipal - 5 I like Ashurbanipal's screen, but he's the most static of the remaining leaders. His screen is much better than the other Mesopotamian leaders', but that doesn't quite put him in the top five in my opinion.
    Harald Bluetooth - 13
    Pachacuti - 15
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 18
    Enrico Dandolo - 10
    Shaka - 9 Still supporting Shaka. Not sure if people downvoting him are looking at static portraits rather than animated screens, but Shaka has the most life to him of any of the remaining screens except maybe Harald, and Harald is a little too hail-fellow-well-met to be intimidating.

16. NoOneImportant

NoOneImportant Warlord

Ashurbanipal - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 13
    Pachacuti - 12 - I don't reallly like Pachacuti or his screen, there's nothing particularly interesting in it.
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 19 - Incredible music, beautiful background and great voice actiong, what's not to like? The flame closest to Askia himself is pretty captivating.
    Enrico Dandolo - 10
    Shaka - 9

17. Væringjar

Væringjar Warlord

Oh, I didn't know 1 vote per 24 hours.

I'm terribly sorry to broke rule. :(

18. Teproc

Teproc King

Ashurbanipal - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 13
    Pachacuti - 12
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 19
    Enrico Dandolo - 10 - 3 = 7
    Shaka - 9 + 1 = 10

Venice at night looks nice and Dandolo is appropriately blind. The voice acting is also good. It's a good screen, but not amazing, and, as it was pointed out, it doesn't make a lot of sense that Dandolo is meeting you on a random canal.

Shaka. The perfect warmonger screen/voice/attitude.

19. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Ashurbanipal - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 13
    Pachacuti - 12
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 19
    Enrico Dandolo - 8

Shaka - 7

+1 to Dandy. I like this leaderscreen. It's just cool, beautiful, and I really enjoy his voice.

-3 to Shaka, because I can't say I like his leaderscreen. It doesn't look... I dunno, civilised? No real architecture to speak of, just some flimsy huts and skulls. He doesn't really look intimidating either, just like a guy who happened to slay some elephants in his weird pants. Okay, scratch that - that does sound awesome, and the leaderscreen is not too bad, but I can't comprehend why he's in while Monty's already dead.

I like how Askia used to be endangered several pages ago, but now is swimming in points, having the most of them. Well, his screen does look absolutely awesome. Dat landscape. Dat burning city. Dat Askia and his cool voice.

20. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Ashurbanipal - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 13
    Pachacuti - 6
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 19
    Enrico Dandolo - 8
    Shaka - 8

SHAKA
    Shaka's leaderscreen presents him as a proud and confident leader. It presents him as someone who is sure of himself. It also presents him as willing to fight, holding both a spear and shield, as well as showing off his knowledge of them (Those spear waves...). Some people say that he doesn't look 'scary'. What, do you want him to look more like Monty? Do you want him to be dancing around a pile of corpses, chanting, and sticking his spear into the pile, all while wearing a boogyman mask? I, for one, don't.

Also, his shadow is just great. Especially when he declares war, it's very pleasing to see that shadow go to work.

AYIVIIIIIIIIIFE!
    ... Maria's DoW laugh is still the best. :nono:

PACHACUTI
    That dress of his... I don't know whether to stare at it, or stick some wood on it and say, "Check-mate". In a screen as good as this one, that eye-sore severely ruins the moment. It may be historically accurate, it may not be - I don't know. All I know is that it doesn't look good in the leaderscreen.