Leaderscreen Elimination Thread

Harald Bluetooth - 11 +
Pacal - 8 -
Askia - 15
Shaka - 8

Harald - His background is very unique.
Pacal - Could be better background. I also don't like his outfit.

Harald Bluetooth - 11 - 3 = 8
Pacal - 8 -
Askia - 15
Shaka - 8 + 1 = 9

Harald has a unique leaderscreen which is why he deserves his place here (well, I wouldn't have him in the top 5, but top 10 is fine). He's not super impressive though, and doesn't have the charisma that the other three do. Well, I don't know if Pacal has much charisma, but the background and his clothing more than make up for that.

Shaka. That's charisma.

Just out of interest, what does Pacal have to do with TF2?

I dunno, what does a guy with one of the biggest, coolest hats in Civ has to do with a Hat Simulator with First Person Shooter elements?

Anyway, I still wonder why Firaxis didn't make TF2 promos. Sales would've obviously been even bigger if they had offered something cool like Pacal's or Monty's hat as promos. Or maybe Gandhi "set" with bald head and glasses for Soldier, that turns explosions to be nuclear mushroom shaped. Or anything else, really, like Ash's tablet for melee, Ash's beard (or Neby's, there's thousands of cool beards in this game). There's literally 9001 possibilities for cool stuff, why they didn't use the opportunity is beyond me. :(

Harald Bluetooth - 8
Pacal - 5 - Not exactly the most interesting, and for sure not as much as the other ones.
Askia - 16 - This is a small piece of art combining amazing music, graphics and voice into a great leaderscreen.
Shaka - 9

IMHO Dido didnt belong in a top 10, its average, with bad lighting, color scheme, and theatrical acting, not to mention she took Hannibal's plac

Hannibal is a just general, im glad civ took him out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Harald Bluetooth - 9
Pacal - 5
Askia - 16
Shaka - 6

Up vote for Harald. There is something about the point of view that fits him better than some of the other "odd angle" screens.

Down vote for Shaka. His screen just feels far too generic.

Cmon people we are at the last 4 could you at least try to write your arguments as to why you vote the way you do?

Harald Bluetooth - 10
Pacal - 5
Askia - 17

Shaka - 0 DED

I'll kill off Shaka. While his voice acting is very good, the music is very good and I like him overall, he's the worst. I like how when defeated he talks about Gandhi nami unsere pantsu (unsere means ours in German, so he knows many languages but is slightly confused, so he's very educated), or when upon war declaration he's telling me all about a gecko YOLO Swimba (Swimba = Swimming Gecko Yolo Simba. He's a time traveller from alternate reality, where Simba wasn't a Lion King, but Gecko King).

+1 to Askia. I'll help the guy runaway, because I like him. His screen looks the coolest, he sounds badass, his MHHMMMM is beyond awesome... And a burning city screen is very unique. Nobody else has one, after all. While it may not fit Askia 100% because it was pretty much his only real conquest and, according to internet, he was actually a nice guy (by the standards of his century), it fits Songhai as a conquering people. Also it looks badass. Look at the scenery! It's not only the burning city that makes the screen looks great, the sinister landscape also contributes a lot to the atmosphere.

I like the fact that while Askia doesn't runaway in games, he's runnin' away in this competition. Well, at least for now. Seems it'll be him versus Harald "Best Bro Ever" Bluetooth in the end.

Cmon people we are at the last 4 could you at least try to write your arguments as to why you vote the way you do?

It's probably pretty hard at this stage, but you are supposed to write arguments. If you haven't included any, please edit your post and do so. Admittedly, it's not in the OP, but the mods say that we have to as there's no point in the thread otherwise. (BTW, I agree with the mod's decision)

Mods consistently state that votes without explanations will be regarded as spam. Do we disregard votes with no explanation if they're not edited promptly?

Mods consistently state that votes without explanations will be regarded as spam. Do we disregard votes with no explanation if they're not edited promptly?

If that's the case, then Shaka is still at 3. Of course it doesn't really matter. It's pretty obvious at this stage that Askia is going to end up with the most votes.

Harald Bluetooth - 10
Pachacuti - 3: Correcting the votes, sukritact missed Veras's post, and everyone carried on without the vote of Veras.
Pacal - 10
Askia - 18
Shaka - 10

did you vote? cause Talcove took 6 points away in post #541 and sukritact was correcting that, not missing any vote, Pachacuti shall resurrec... or not, i don't know :lol: anyway.

Pachacuti 2 (?)
Harald Bluetooth - 11 Come on this guy has a removable helmet and leaves the screen when he losses, compared to that what do the others have?
Pacal - 5
Askia - 14 Harald is just better thats all i have to down vote someone :rolleyes:

Pachacuti 2 (?) - Is this still in or not? (Talcove?)
Harald Bluetooth - 7 Disregarding Doom's vote (-1), then adding my downvote (-3)
Pacal - 5
Askia 14
Shaka - 4 Disregarding Doom's vote (+3), then adding my upvote (+1)

Doom gave no reasons, which are required by the thread.

Down Harald for lacking background and for being over-reactive/over-animated.

I'll go up on Shaka, as having wonderful and strong elements in every category.

Harald Bluetooth - 7 -3 = 4: Disney character with a removable hat feature doesn't belong with 3 of the most badass leaders
Pacal - 5
Askia 14 +1 = 15: Best leaderscreen among the ones left, certainly creates an unique atmosphere of a powerful warmonger
Shaka - 4

IMO, necro-ing pacha would only mess up the rankings at this point. I would've down-voted him anyway... Feel free to resurrect him if you want to.

Harald Bluetooth 4
Pacal - 5
Askia - 12
Shaka - 5

Voting up Shaka, who should not be dead as Doom didn't bother explaining about his vote. Voting solely for his opening line when you meet him.

Voting down Askia. He might give the impression of being a powerful warmonger, but he isn't in game and he wasn't in real life.

Pachacuti - 3
Harald Bluetooth - 4
Pacal - 5
Askia - 9
Shaka - 5

Pachacuti: You asked for it! Ressurected and +1, someone help me save the only remaining leader with an axe and mountainside vista!
Askia: I can't quite say why, but it's the one I like least of the remaining.

Top Bottom