leadership

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Dav awoke from his typical deep slumber, yawned, and stretched. His ancient bones creaked as they once again prepared for a day in motion. Today was the day for his scheduled trek back toward his family camp, hunting and gathering along the way to provide for the family.

The leader's camp was strangely quiet. Instead of the racous discussions, or even shouting matches which normally greeted him each morning here in the tribal leadership camp, he heard only wildlife and the soft moaning of the wind in the trees. Puzzled, he stepped out of his tent to see what had caused the other, younger leaders to be so silent. To his great surprise, the camp appeared to be deserted.

Hmm, I've got to leave now for a few days and there is nobody here to give suggestions to on how to work towards forming the tribal council. I can't talk to the wind and expect the others to hear, so how can I pass on the urgency of this work?

Dav poked around the pile of stones which were so evenly matched with each other for a piece of that flat dingy white stuff that was so good for painting on. The sages claimed that this was a place of importance to the ancients and the white stuff once imparted knowledge, though it did not seem possible this could be true. Near a stone imprinted with strange markings "Gordium Public Library" (though he had no clue what it meant) he found one of the precious sheets. He did have to agree with the sages that the pattern of markings looked important, but it was so faded that even if he had the knowledge after 10,000 years to understand it, it would have been unreadable.

OK, here's what I'll do. I hope they get the message.

Dav drew a picture of the leaders fighting, followed by the people running away. Moving down the sheet he then drew the leaders working together to build a hut, and the people coming to watch and help. Then he drew some people in a circle about a fire, words coming from their lips. Finally he drew one of the ambitious young leaders on top of a stump, hands raised, and surrounded by cheering people.

Smiling, he piled up some stones and placed the corners of the ancient white sheet under four of the stones. He then grabbed his club and baskets, and started the long journey home. I wonder which of the youngsters will take the lead?

"Ogga booga" coughed one of the people jumping up and down. He cleared his throat. "Ahem. Excuse me, gentlemen. I daresay we must unite ourselves into something similar to a more perfect union. Establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility and the whatnot. Perhaps provide for the common defense?"
The others looked at this man strangely. He seemed to be channeling a futuristic document that did ordain powers of some sort.
He was a witch, and therefore had to be thrown off a cliff.

One round trip mob mentality enduced cliff hike later...

Another man spoke up. This mans name was SaaM. He had an aura around him, but was most deffinitly not a witch. He had a presence.. something that said "This has got to be my seventh time doing this." And because of the number seven, he was also very itchy.
Regardless of his itch, or his presence or his powers, SaaM spoke.
"How are you gentlement. The time for fighting is over. The time for throwing people off cliffs has just past us. Now is the time we organize. Now, we band together to defend ourselves. I have... A PLAN!"

The others were astonished. SaaM had a plan. People weren't supposed to have plans. Are we sure SaaM isn't a witch too?

"I'm not a witch, third person omniscient voice... thing... gamagig..." SaaM piped up.

Oh, shut it.

Regardless of him being a witch, he's onto something. Perhaps after a few more characters make themselves known, he'll tell us.

as mhcarver saw this strange "saam" he realized that their was no reason for complaining, the fact was people had evolved and left the oceans and their was no stopping that , their was also the fact that the great god WOTHEPEOPLE had ordained that his people not become very large at all. so he realized that this visionary "SAAM" had to be some kind of mystic but has to be saved from the witch burning happy crowd so being a Personally Hired deciscion maker making expert on witchcraft (he personally had the idea himself meaning that he could call it whatever he wanted) he walked to the front of the crowd and said
"the only way that we can tell if this person is a witch is if we create rock scale and compare him to a drunken penguin, not a sober one, if they are equal then he is a witch, if not then he is a leader, YOU ,mhcarver pointed to the most raucaus in the crowd, go east and fetch me a penguin! " as the men went east Mhcarver chuckled and turned to SaaM and whispered , they aren't smart enough to realize all the penguins are in the north, so you should be free to lead, BTW if you need someone to interpret pieces of paper for you make sure to call me!

Iggus had been trailing behind the shouting group, rather introspectively for a nomad, as was his usual way. With all this talk of leaders and penguins, he thought he might have something to contribute. He quickly made his way near the front and began to put together a simple rock and rope based scale.

The Surpream Chancellor enters the area of where this tale is unfolding. His magnificent robes covered his silk clotheing as he walked in followed by his aids, everyone began to rise to greet him "sit, sit, my subjects i your chancellor have no need for such formalitys, although i do legitmately deserve them" "i have come here today to tell you that i intend to hand over soverity of the demogame from myself to the citizens of our nation, i have proposed a new constituion that after a few addtions and editations shale furfill the requirement of goverment for this and following nations that we shale create. I know that is is Grand of me to hand over rule to you the people as it is unlikely you will even elect me come election time. Of course for this tranfers to work correctly we must first discuss this in the apporpate thread and then vote apon it. " * nobody then rose and left the room, followed by his servants, bodyguards,prostitutes and brassband*

Top Bottom