Legendary Earth Mod (LEM)

I think Vietnam took Guangzhou, somehow. Also, is there a manual download for this, as i'm a Apple user?

Ah yes, I can see that the borders connect. Should have looked a little closer. :p

A manual file will be uploaded to the CFC Database soon (like tonight) and the link will be added to the front page.

EDIT: Manual version is uploaded! Check the front page of the thread for the link. :)

I'm going to write while I play, so...

America, Emperor, Standard, LEM I with IGE and CiVUP installed

First, I discovered Iroquois in 2 turns.
First build: always a monument!
2 social polices along the way, Liberty and free worker.
22 turns. I'm behind... in everything... as usual... :(

civ5_start.jpg

There is also ruins in Baja California Sur, that mountains are blocking...

Why is everything so low for me! :cry: or maybe its because i'm on difficulty Emperor?

civ5_third.jpg

7 more turns to get my first settler... 18 turns total.
Mining discovered, and adapted Republic.
Settler done. Time to settle New York City in Mississippi!
Hiawata is now in the Classical Age, and I haven't even discovered 4 technologies!

State of 2200 BC, turn 45:

civ5_four.jpg

Attachments

• civ5_sec.jpg
    civ5_sec.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 115
I'm going to write while I play, so...

America, Emperor, Standard, LEM I with IGM and CiVUP installed
EDIT: I did not use IGM, as I only use it when the AI does stuff to me... (like war or denouncing)

First, I discovered Iroquois in 2 turns.
First build: always a monument!
2 social polices along the way, Liberty and free worker.
22 turns. I'm behind... in everything... as usual... :(

View attachment 324605

There is also ruins in Baja California Sur, that mountains are blocking... :cry:

Why is everything so low for me! :cry: :cry: :cry: or maybe its because i'm on difficulty Emperor?

View attachment 324607

Pantheon time! Religious Settlements (because most of the good stuff was taken)!
Barb time also... major defeat!
Met Quebec City, 2nd person to do it!
Then forced to sell my scout because of 4 barbarian regiments! :sad:

ITS ONLY TURN 33!

7 more turns to get my first settler... 18 turns total.
Mining discovered, and adapted Republic.
Yay! Settler done! Time to settle New York City in Mississippi! :lol:
Hiawata is now in the Classical Age, and I haven't even discovered 4 technologies! :lol:

State of 2200 BC, turn 45:

View attachment 324610

How is this? This is the first time I made something like this.
Lol, it sucks that in this map, washington is like right next to where new york should be.
But yeah, I'm kinda doing the same thing out of boredom. In my game I'm two techs away from chivalry (Which I have beelined, only tech not on the way to chivalry i researched was mining and masonry. Still dont have bronze working or sailing but I have pikemen lol.) This is in marathon/immortal as mongols by the way. When I get keshiks I'm going to take over the rest of the world. (Took over all but one city of china, and completely wiped out the huns, whom I spared one city, but he suicidally dow'd me a thousand years later.)

Interesting note: St peterburg, and hamburg where placed in basically the exact correct geographic location by the AI. I should show a picture.

Spain - Discovers the Rock of Gibraltar, giving them 500 coins for being first at it.
Japan - Settles next to Mount Fuji, giving you huge bonus in culture and faith.

My current game is Japan, and I think having this bonus is to much. Also, as Spain, 500 coin start is a lot, when you only produce 5 a turn.

Progress: Have 1 wonder, Classical Era, 7 policies, founded and enhanced Shinto, war with Siam, which I can't make any peace with him except my largest city besides Kyoto and my smallest cities, 529 gold, and peace with his allies.

civ5japan.jpg

Spain - Discovers the Rock of Gibraltar, giving them 500 coins for being first at it.
Japan - Settles next to Mount Fuji, giving you huge bonus in culture and faith.

My current game is Japan, and I think having this bonus is to much. Also, as Spain, 500 coin start is a lot, when you only produce 5 a turn.

Progress: Have 1 wonder, Classical Era, 7 policies, founded and enhanced Shinto, war with Siam, which I can't make any peace with him except my largest city besides Kyoto and my smallest cities, 529 gold, and peace with his allies.

View attachment 324643

It's difficult to balance places like Spain and Japan. The Rock of Gibraltar has to stay, otherwise Spain pretty much has no use for its UA on an earth map. It's a trade off though, they have limited room to expand so I think the bonuses are balanced out.

As to Japan, I will consider reducing the faith produced from Mt Fuji, I wasn't aware that they had changed its tile yields.

Also, if its not too much trouble, can you guys post screenshots with the map revealed and information about scores?

Thanks for the feedback!

I would not like to see gameplay changes such as reduced tile yields. This is an earth map, so obviously civs starting near a wonder are going to get a natural advantage. I say it stays the way it is now, or you rebalance the distribution of wonders.

Will post maps later.

Like a test game? Should I still do game play or should I just watch everyone else. I could reveal the map with the IGE.

I'm just going to play with scores and map revealed, with game play.

LEM I, Immortal, standard

No mods, just In Game Editor

LEM I, Immortal, standard, Britain, so not much will happen in the beginning. Also, revealing the map gave me all the meeting for all city states, so I have a bonus...

Turn 10 - 3600 BC

Spoiler :

Relations:
Russia - Mongolia denouncing

Europe
europe-turn10.jpg
Asia
asia-turn10.jpg
East Asia
eastasia-turn10.jpg
Africa
africa-turn10.jpg
North America
namerica-turn10.jpg
South America
samerica-turn10.jpg

Scores not shown:
Ethiopia 24
America 24
England (ME) 17

Turn 21 - 3160 BC

Spoiler :

Relations:
Siam, Austria and the Huns - Me Declaration of Friendship

Europe
europe21.jpg
Asia
asia21.jpg
East Asia
eastasia21.jpg
Africa
africa21.jpg
North America
namerica21.jpg
South America
samerica21.jpg

Scores not shown:
Byzantium 34
Maya 34
England (ME) 28

Why is there a Legendary Earth I (random starting position) if it doesn't make a difference? I created a Legendary Earth I game without selecting load scenario. I was randomly selected to be the Mayan civilization. And within a couple turns, I was introduced to China. I may be rust on my ancient history, but last i checked the Chinese had no interaction with South American cultures... OR DID THEY??? DUN DUN DUN!!! lol

Seriously though. What am I missing? What is the Legendary Earth I (random locations) option for and is there a way to have Civs in their real-world locations without enabling the scenario? Thanks in advance.

Really liking how europe is looking in this game.

All the european powers are evenly matched, and I think their city placement is extremely good in this particular game.

Also, Rammy decided to 'reevaluate our supposed friendship' at the absolute worst possible time: One turn away from chivalry with an armadda of horsemen awaiting an upgrade.

The only reason I didnt absolutely obliterate him was china suicidally dow'd me while I was pushing for his capital.

On a side note, Japan and Siam have been competing with their religious influence, Japan trying to get me to follow their Shintoism and Siam trying to get me to follow buddhism.

I'm pretty sure all civs have some sort of 'religion bias', making them choose their historically accurate religion if available.

Two issues:
1. Steam Workshop didn't let me download the mod. I clicked subscribe, but it won't download automatically (it does with every other mod). So I had to download the mod from this website manually and installed it in the correct folder. Then it appeared in the mods section and can be activated and played.

2. The bigger issue is: Whenever I pick epic or marathon speed for the scenario and start the game it resets the game speed to standard.
I go to mods, continue, click game setup, choose map (legendary 1), click load scenario, pick my civ, change difficulty and game speed. But when the game starts (map loaded) and I press escape the game speed shown is "standard". By the way, Legendary is the only active mod.
What am I doing wrong? I don't want to play the game on standard speed...

EDIT: Even when I edit a savegame (GAMESPEED_) it changes back to standard speed when the game is loaded. Why?

I'm wondering...

Are the CS's included random? It seems based on the maps above that Europe doesn't have any City States. In a map with no major civs, it would seem that those civs SHOULD be replaced with CS's.

Is it just me or are the Aztec missing from both LEM I and LEM II?

I also note that the Greeks are not present in either LEM I or LEM II. Perhaps as opposed to the Byz?

OK, i'm going to make another try, letting time go until I take a screencap, and i'll chose a European power so I could see whats happening in Europe. I'll not reveal the map and give me a huge advantage! I'm going to choose Byzantium, so I could have a better view point.
I'll try to make a picture about every 100 turns. I should not run into the attachment limit fast this way!
I'm also not using any mods, except this.

Settings: LEM I, Standard, King, Byzantium

-Turn 54- Now I found out why Egypt always is first to found a religion and to found a pantheon! Mt. Sinai(8 faith a turn), I will play as Egypt next time...
-Turn 59- War between France and Germany.
-Turn 69- Allies with Carthage(encampment and 250 coins)!
-Turn 73- The first religion - Christianity was founded. I wonder...
-Turn 76- War between former allies Germany and Austria
-Turn 78- Noticed Islam and Hinduism was founded by India and Egypt. Didn't notice before.
-Turn 79- War between Spain and France.
-Turn 81- Confucianism founded.
-Turn 82- Now Austria and Germany are allies again!
-Turn 83- War between Austria and Spain.
-Turn 84- Mongolia is denouncing Austria.
-Turn 85- War between Siam and China.

Pictures of Turn 88:
Europe
byztest88.jpg
Central Asia
civ5byztestasia.jpg
Africa and the Middle East
civ5byztest.jpg

EDIT: Discovered the debug menu. Going to restart.

Hi!
It's me again: I deinstalled and reinstalled CIV5 via Steam. Now it's possible to download Legendary Earth via Steam Workshop.
BUT: It's still impossible to play on any other game speed than "Standard". Whenever I choose a different speed it is set to standard when the game begins (on the map).

Can anyone start a game at a different speed?

It should be noted that even though I have the second largest empire in the world (First is some unmet douche in the Americas, who reached rennasaince in 700 AD, giving everyone in the old world spies...)
, and strait beelined chivalry, other players wound up having knights, as well as universities, trabechets, and longswordsman, like 10 marathon turns after i got my keshiks. Freakin' immortal, man!

And you have to edit the map in worldbuilder to change speed.

Top Bottom