Legendary Earth Mod (LEM)

I lost my mongol save due to upgrading this map, now I'm playing as Siam, going for rapid growth and midevil conquest. I've got like 20million population in 400AD with 50 excess hapiness. But freaking austria keeps marrying some of my city states in Africa, so we may have a problem.. :mad:

Good thing you can convince the AI to dow on any player with a couple hundred gold.

What version were you upgrading from? Only the upgrade from the first to the second version should have affected saves, any subsequent upgrades shouldn't be ruining save games.

So I am playing it through the first time and it is fun, but when I get satelittes, I see austrailia is completely empty..

I know there is no civ that can be placed there and I do not know the limitations of the mod.. but maybe put polynesian on the islands and maybe they will spread there.

Just a thought..

very nice work

So I am playing it through the first time and it is fun, but when I get satelittes, I see austrailia is completely empty..

I know there is no civ that can be placed there and I do not know the limitations of the mod.. but maybe put polynesian on the islands and maybe they will spread there.

Just a thought..

very nice work

Polynesia was in the original vanilla version, but they never expanded (poor AI) and it seems they're still not that good at expanding over seas.

Regardless, Polynesia was removed from the map entirely because there were better civs to include with 9 new civs from Gods & Kings.

quick question Dark_Jedi06: I notice in WB that you use a variety of "continent" types across your map. i assume this is strictly for the graphical effect in gameplay (which is impressive you've gotten down so precisely as to how one mountain should look vs. another---well done). To your knowledge, does this "continent" designation to terrain have any effect on AI behavior (i.e. settlement tendencies)? I ask because Polynesia always has an issue with settling over ocean (e.g. Australia) in most TSL maps I've seen/played.
thanks

quick question Dark_Jedi06: I notice in WB that you use a variety of "continent" types across your map. i assume this is strictly for the graphical effect in gameplay (which is impressive you've gotten down so precisely as to how one mountain should look vs. another---well done). To your knowledge, does this "continent" designation to terrain have any effect on AI behavior (i.e. settlement tendencies)? I ask because Polynesia always has an issue with settling over ocean (e.g. Australia) in most TSL maps I've seen/played.
thanks

I'm 99.99% positive that the continent types are strictly there for flavor, and have no effect on AI behavior.

And I guarantee the remaining 0.01% :D

"What version were you upgrading from? Only the upgrade from the first to the second version should have affected saves, any subsequent upgrades shouldn't be ruining save games."
I upgraded from version 1 to version 3.

Anyway,
Genghis Khan is probably the most loyal AI in the game. Me (Siam) and him have had eachothers backs since the classical era, together we destroyed the Huns, who where terrorising my nearby city states. Since then we've wrecked havock on Russia (The most advanced civ), and have had an unbreakable alliance. I dont think he'll ever backstab me.

Anyway, our current war is against the Iroquis, Mongolia probably got pissy about them for settling near the berring strait. I got pissy at them for (along with the Inca, of whom are allies with Russia) attacking my second closest Ally, the Maya. The Iroquis have also had possession of America's capital, and New york, since I met them, and I never got a chance to meet washington. I plan to Liberate him and see if he could make for a loyal Ally.

Also, Theodora decided it would be a brilliant Idea to denounce me, the only one who still was friendly to her, while I was giving her 40GPT upon her request. Not so smart of a move considering I an an army of Artillery parked within her general vicinity, for protection against Russia should they attack. Mongolia denounced her immediatly after and we then immediatly declared war on her. Stupid AI.

And yes, thats 90 excess hapiness. 66 of that is from ceremonial burial(1 hapiness per city following your religion, including foreign civs.), I spread buddhism all over east asia, india, the pacific, and the new world. Ceremonial Burial is OP on this map, espiecially considering none of the new world civs founded a religion.

Oh yes, also, this map needs more city states, and so I thought up a few:

Pacific City States. I'm pretty sure the ones I'm listing all originally where owned by indigenous people. These ones have the most potential because the pacific islands almost never get settled, and theirs so many of them.

Honolulu: Cultured

Tonga: Maritime

Palikir (Capital of Micronesia): Mercentile

Koror (Capital of Pau): Maritime

(You can honestly just use the cities from polynesias city list I could imagine.)

America:

Havana (Granted this is a bit modern, but their was indian tribes here before the spaniards): Maritime

Some sort of inuit tribe in north canada.

Also perhaps Panama, for the sake of using it as the Panama Canal, and not praying Maya or Inca will settle on a land bridge their.

Eurasia:
Babylon: Militaristic
Badapest: Militiristic/cultured
Karachi/Islamabad (Maybe): Religious/ Militiristic

Also, alot of the new city states you added dont say their affiliated country. For example Kuala Lampar doesnt say 'Malayasian' units, Manilla doesn't say 'Philipino' units, Quebec City doesn't say 'Canadian' units. Also for whatever reason seoul units are 'sri lankan units'.

Oh yes, also, this map needs more city states, and so I thought up a few:

Pacific City States. I'm pretty sure the ones I'm listing all originally where owned by indigenous people. These ones have the most potential because the pacific islands almost never get settled, and theirs so many of them.

Honolulu: Cultured

Tonga: Maritime

Palikir (Capital of Micronesia): Mercentile

Koror (Capital of Pau): Maritime

(You can honestly just use the cities from polynesias city list I could imagine.)

America:

Havana (Granted this is a bit modern, but their was indian tribes here before the spaniards): Maritime

Some sort of inuit tribe in north canada.

Also perhaps Panama, for the sake of using it as the Panama Canal, and not praying Maya or Inca will settle on a land bridge their.

Eurasia:
Babylon: Militaristic
Badapest: Militiristic/cultured
Karachi/Islamabad (Maybe): Religious/ Militiristic

Also, alot of the new city states you added dont say their affiliated country. For example Kuala Lampar doesnt say 'Malayasian' units, Manilla doesn't say 'Philipino' units, Quebec City doesn't say 'Canadian' units. Also for whatever reason seoul units are 'sri lankan units'.

Thanks for the suggestions and thanks for pointing out those oversights. I like the idea of the Pacific Islander/Polynesian city-states, in addition the ones for the Americas sound pretty good to.

I'd be hesitant to add in Panama as it would really restrict expansion of the Aztecs/Maya and would pretty much insure that the Incans would have South America to itself. Babylon and Karachi present the same issue. Also, I wouldn't add Budapest since Europe already has Warsaw/Belgrade in LEM I/LEM II.

Thanks for your continued interest. :)

I really want to release a new version but this game speed issue is a big road block. :(

Thanks for the suggestions and thanks for pointing out those oversights. I like the idea of the Pacific Islander/Polynesian city-states, in addition the ones for the Americas sound pretty good to.

I'd be hesitant to add in Panama as it would really restrict expansion of the Aztecs/Maya and would pretty much insure that the Incans would have South America to itself. Babylon and Karachi present the same issue. Also, I wouldn't add Budapest since Europe already has Warsaw/Belgrade in LEM I/LEM II.

Thanks for your continued interest. :)

I really want to release a new version but this game speed issue is a big road block. :(

All valid points, only To whom do babylon and karachi present an issue to? They let india have india to itself? :crazyeye:

All valid points, only To whom do babylon and karachi present an issue to? They let india have india to itself? :crazyeye:

Babylon would kind of confine the Arabs and the Byzantines/Ottomans and Karachi would screw India over, who generally gets overrun by Siam's city spam.

I typically find inda to expand very realistically, in my games indias cultural borders often look very similar to real life. It may be because I play marathon.

Babylon would kind of confine the Arabs and the Byzantines/Ottomans and Karachi would screw India over, who generally gets overrun by Siam's city spam.

Playing the map as Egypt, i conquered the Arabs and their 2 cities on the Arabian peninsula, only to find that no one had settled the fertile crescent. Jerusalem's culture had expanded east taking the Wheat making Babylon not really worth settling unless i wanted to seize Jerusalem.

I also noticed that Ethiopia is expanding south and west taking most of Africa and being my strongest competition for CS. As I started this game last week as my third try out of G+K, I had not learned of the protective benefit of Inquisitors, so my army has been protecting my borders from Ethiopian GPs. No that i am ready to go back to this play-through, I will be ready to turn my Legions (love my military ally Carthage) and Ballista (thanks Persepolis) toward Constantinople.

I chose to play as the Celts and picked LEMII for a map, but no scenario option and the civs and city states start in random locations.

Any suggestions?

Io kept going into advanced setup and finally used my noggin and check off the scenario after picking the correct map just like your instructions suggest.

I'm not responsible for AI stupidity. :p

A new version has been uploaded to Steam, I'm still unable to resolve the game speed issue.

I'm not responsible for AI stupidity. :p

A new version has been uploaded to Steam, I'm still unable to resolve the game speed issue.

Sounds exciting, unfortunatly I'm out of town for a couple weeks so I can't use my modern computer to play civ V...
Does this version include the new CS's?

Top Bottom