Leoreth Plays the Inca

If you want to go really fantastical on goal 3, you can make it an “Incas strike back” goal and say you have to conquer Spain by a certain date.

or...

Incan control of Panama Canal (a city or fort that allows travel through the isthmus) and the largest navy in the pacific AND the Atlantic by 1910.

I was under the impression that the Inca empire fell in large part due to infighting amongst themselves and discontentment amongst the conquered tribes.
As a slight variation on the get a really big populationtheme for the third UHV I suggest get a big and happy population (perhaps for a certain amount of time) to simulate overcoming the internal pressures that aided the demise of the Inca.

Just an illustration of what late game Inca can look like in conjunction with this goal (I just added the display and nothing else). I think an appropriate goal would be

Control 90% of the population in South America by 1775 AD.

Unless you can conquer every other colony on the continent this also requires expansion and growth, which is fun to do and makes the goal less single minded. To support it somehow, I think the Inca core should expand at some point to include the Peruvian coast and Bolivian highlands (in effect, adding Chan Chan and Tiwanaku to the core). I think a good requirement for this is the Renaissance. That way, you also have to do reasonably well in research.

As a side note, by coincidence the Aztecs also managed to avoid being conquered and are doing quite well. This truly is an Amerindian America.
I think the issue with this kind of goal is you are encouraged to just settler spam on the last turn.

There will always be ways for people to ruin the fun for themselves.

I think the issue with this kind of goal is you are encouraged to just settler spam on the last turn.
Still fits the spirit of the game. Historically, there's been many periods of rapid expansive settlement. Such events often go down in history as pivotal moments for their nations, so it leading to a Golden Age or Historical Victory is fitting.

Honestly the Core of the Incas is pathetic and only fits 1 city or 2 if you clog it up... but that don't help much at all, since it is boxed in. Maybe expanding it a bit to include tiuwanaku or/and even the west city? Even the Mayas have a core that fit 2 cities with allowing growth. Controlling South America with 1 core city is very... difficult. The literally have 5 spots the tiniest of all, the rest being mountains/water...

I think Lake Titicaca could have an islands feature, and maybe also a fish or clams resource, which would be historical and also benefit Cuzco or Tiwanaku in terms of growth and production (Even on the new map if a resource was included on the lake Tiwanaku would be able to build a work boat to improve it).

Fish from the lake seems to have been highly important to the Tiwanaku Empire as a food source and for agricultural systems, and it is a significant source of food to this day for the people who live on and around the lake (however mostly introduced species nowadays).

That might be a suggestion for the new map, as well as a fix for this version of the UHV. Anything that gives Lake Titicaca more prominence is probably a good idea.

Having 90% of South America's population inevitably requires war. Growing your cities and expanding them will not be enough, you'll need to conquer every city except for one or two if the others found enough cities.

Tried the incans on paragon difficulty. In order to achieve the 3rd uhv, you have to settle in northwest Brazil (recife and maranhao region) around 1350 ish so you can prevent the europeans from colonizing the continent, else you just can't beat the 3rd uhv given the stability issue (you will never gonna make to the renassaince era on this difficulty). The problem with that is that you will kinda compromise your first 2 goals as reaching the necessary gold will be an issue and you will miss out on your trade partners as no european colonies next to you = no one to trade techs / buy your slaves.

Top Bottom