Liberalism in 1 AD?

Getting it by 1AD is just a thought exercise. You are seriously sacrificing units, growth, and military building to get your science rate high enough to hit Liberalism by 1AD. All esoteric gambits are like that and they will almost certainly fail on multiplayer.

Exactly. If you read the original Apolyton thread it was purely for fun and had nothing to do with optimal game strategy.

Darrell

It depends what victory type you are going for whether this is optimal game strategy or not. If you are going for a diplomatic or spaceship victory then it is probably wise to get to liberalism quickly. Depending on the settings you can get liberalism *way* earlier then 1AD, but even on Deity Marathon 200BC or better is possible. See WastinTime's posts on Deity Diplomatic strategy to get an idea of the optimal play for achieving these times. Most of his posts are for One-City-Challenge, but they are still very helpful.

Forget liberalism by 1 ad you can already have domination on most difficulties, and you dont need a fancy strategy just many hills and little dudes with axes, unfortunately for me I usually play monarch/empororer get about 40 percent of the world then i hear STRIKE, its too bad armies dont work on credit.

I had a little fun playing with Elizabeth on the earth map with 18 civs, trying to get liberalism as fast as possible. I usually play this map a lot in multiplayer, and I sometimes - as many of us do, probably - try different strategies in singleplayer just to get a clue if it will work or not. So my game was on noble level, quick speed and no tech trading, as is the usual multiplayer settings. I ended up having liberalism 350 AD, my new record (previous was 400 and something AD in a 1 cont each game). What's really funny though is to have cavalry 700 AD, while France still defend it's cities with archers (yeah, Louis didn't even have longbows, but that's just noob AI, though). We all know the clues here, Elizabeth being philosophical means a lot of lightbulbing. I also used stone and built pyramids in London, and used the great engineer I later got from it to build Great Library (I might could have done it faster if I didnt get alphabet and literature on the way). Running representation (if you have pyramids), bureacracy, caste system and pacifism is a great combination with a leader such as Elizabeth.

Top Bottom